One

One

A Chapter by RCGrant

Magic, of any kind, has a way of seeking out people with a certain sense of…blind faith. Some may like to call this trait, gullibility. Others deem it profound conviction. Whatever definition you chose to believe in, there is one simple fact that cannot be changed about magic. It always comes at a price. And when those who enter a contract with magic are young, impressionable girls, the price is too often insurmountable. Magic can cost, quite literally, an arm and a leg.

 

Department of Contracts

-Subsection C  “Companions”

Each contract legally signed with a human(s) must be overseen by an animal companion native to the home world of ‘Earth’. These companions will encourage, rally and do everything within their extensive power to keep the magicians on the correct course and battling against Evil. (for more information about the Evil see the Department of Adversaries) Companions do not expire no matter how extensive the damage to their being is. They will not abandon their magician or the contract is broken. They will do whatever is necessary to protect their magical investments, even if it means shattering their form. Companions will always be able to find their magician, even if the magician has left the mortal realm.

Types of Terran animals accepted as companions:

·         Rabbits/Hares

·         Kittens

·         Piglets

·         Butterflies

·         Hedgehogs

·         Squirrels

·         Royal Antelopes

·         Pygmy Owls

·         Hummingbirds

·         Field Mice

*Humans cannot be the ones to break the contract. It must be the companion who releases the magicians from their service. *

 

The companion he was assigned, when they were f*****g idiotic enough to want to be magical princesses who were going to save the world and all of the beautiful creatures who lived in it!! (f*****g huzzah), was a rabbit. A cute little fluffy thing with a twitching pink nose and soft paws. It would hop excitedly after their group as they went on adventures to protect humanity, constantly egging them forward with cheerful declarations of their heroics. How innocent and helpless it had seemed. What an absolute f*****g joke. It had not been innocent when it’s mouth had widened to three times the regular size as it engulfed a Grey whole. It had not been helpless when it had oozed and dripped the remains of what moments ago had been the enemy. No, his companion was a monster. And it wouldn’t leave him alone.

Department of Animosities

-         Subsection B  “Evils”

There are multiple categories and classifications of the Evils in the magical realm. They are defined by the following characteristics: threat level, origin and intention.

Voids~ These creatures are at the highest threat level and are constantly attacking the organization. They may take on humanoid form in order to lure in inexperienced magicians. Voids only intention is to destroy all of the magical organizations. Origin is unknown. Reasoning with these beings is impossible. DO NOT ATTEMPT COMMUNICATION. Kill on sight.

Greys~ Although only mildly less dangerous than Voids, Greys are much more suited for new magicians. They can take the form of anything but always lack colours, hence the name Grey. Their origin is assumed to be spirits/souls that have been corrupted beyond saving. Their intention is to hunt and slay magicians. Kill on sight.

Busters~ The least threatening of all of the Evils to roam this realm, Busters are experiments did not go as planned. Busters were the first magical tests of the organization that did not perform up to expectations. They are now used to train new magicians. Their origin is Delta quadrant WK-2. Kill on sight.

 

He’s not at all surprised when his roommate leaves in a flustered huff to study somewhere else. He knows he’s a nasty mood today. A cranky cloud always seems to descend upon him whenever his uterus decides to remind him of his unwanted biology and the situation isn’t made better by the fact that his laptop crashed in the middle of his homework. While cursing every f*****g deity he knows of, a scratching sound skitters out from under the bed and his swearing intensifies. He could recognize that f*****g noise even in a coma. There’s a white blur as his companion exits the bed in a flurry of fur and paws. A sharp ‘what’ is snarled through his teeth as his hand goes unconsciously to his wrist so he can rub at the brutal scars littered around the hot pink bracelet. The rabbit’s annoyingly adorable nose wrinkles as it gazes indifferently at him. Large, brown eyes flicker up to his dyed hair and drag slowly down to his forcibly flattened chest. “Your powers are needed to gallantly save a precious new magician,” echoes in the suddenly vacant dorm room. The lone laptop on the desk tries desperately to whir back to life. Its screen flickers to black.

 

Department of Contracts

-         Subsection F  “Magicians Oath”

Once this oath is pledged the humans are officially magicians and it is their sole duty to fight against Evil. Even their own death will not release them from this bond.

“I do solemnly swear to battle against the terrible Evils of this realm. No villain or foe shall ever get past me and harm the less powerful citizens of humanity. I shall never allow myself to be corrupted by the forces of Evil, for I am a force for Righteousness! I will rage against my horrible foes, in life and in death. To this I swear!



© 2016 RCGrant


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 14, 2016


Author

RCGrant
RCGrant

Vancouver, BC, Canada



About
18 years old Currently live in BC Canada All kinds of constructive criticism is welcome more..

Writing
Two Two

A Chapter by RCGrant