SIMPLE

SIMPLE

A Poem by RConnors
"

A well thought out plan gone awry

"

SIMPLE

 

I want you.  I will have you.  I will share you.  I will give you back.

Simple.

You wanted me.  You were intrigued by me. You put the effort in.  

You asked the deep probing questions.

You shared the deepest parts of your soul.

I got wrapped up in you, around you, inside of you.

Now it’s time to let you go.

Not so simple.

© 2013 RConnors


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Here, the metaphor's utter lost in her own mazes which having her heart indulged deep in the shades of love. Love's way easy to beloved with but not so "easiest" to let it go or let oneself walk off its shades it brings to very life, cos ev'n an every singular moment you're in with love is what that makes memories, servin' you the real nice "simplicity" - the majesty - one joy - the rejoice - of life through its infatuated vibes so it's worth saying, it's not so simple to let it go ... cos, as far as I believe, it's never been so simplest to forget one distant past spent ov'r the nights, together under the same roof, with the sharing of love-pies. Very deep and evocative poetry you paint on words. Great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


simple and precise to get your point through, great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I feel the willing and sharing in this great write...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely done. The repetition sets the piece up and paints just enough to explain but leaves enough unsaid to let the reader make up his/her own mind about the backstory.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very concise in a way and efficient to. There seems to be a lot left out but then once a piece is out it's up to the reader I suppose. One of the marvels of poetry is that the reader is free to fill in his or her own thought, feelings etc-

Posted 10 Years Ago


it seems to be black and white at first, but then, there is that gray area that catches us napping...

and we end up trying to let go when love goes bad and that is never so simple..

this has a straightforwardness to it...that is refreshing...and the phrasing is smart and pointed.

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved the way you presented the situation, very unique and it captured my attention. I really enjoyed reading it. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



you capture this common situation simply and eloquently. I love simplicity.....

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2013
Last Updated on June 29, 2013
Tags: Love, heartbreak, adultery, infidelity

Author

RConnors
RConnors

new york, NY



About
Professional actress and blogger. Aspiring songwriter and playwright. Perpetually heartbroken and therefore inspired. more..

Writing
PUNISHED PUNISHED

A Poem by RConnors


DULL DULL

A Poem by RConnors


REAWAKENING REAWAKENING

A Poem by RConnors



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..