How He Started His Education

How He Started His Education

A Story by Lenah Mehzabin

 

Today is a Monday morning. I walked through the lawn and saw hundreds of guardians with their Kids are waiting in lawn. They were flashing with excitement. The reason is their children are going to be admitted in a renowned school of the city within few hours and start their life of Education.


I silently went inside my room. Taking my place on the swivel chair I called my assistant to start the proceedings of new enrollments. She called the first applicants according to registration.

A blonde women with her little 4 years old boy asked for my permission to come in. I let them come in and asked them to sit on the chairs in front of my table. I asked the boy his name. He looked at his mother and after getting the sign of assurance from his mother he replied me that his name was Jack.


“Oh nice to meet you Jack”. I gave a friendly smile to him and after getting no other reply I asked him, “why have you came here?”

He looked up at his mother for the second time and with a shaky tone replied me


“Mommy will buy me more chocolates”

“Really? So, do you like chocolates?”

He nodded positively

“Oh that’s nice”

‘So do you like me?”

He looked up at his mother. Her mother whispered him “Say Yes”

He then looked at me saying “Yes” and nodded his head at the same time.

“Howa ! you do like me? But I think your mom likes me”

The women flushed at my comment.

The boy then looked at his mom and then at me and again at his mom and at me he done that for a couple of time and finally stared blankly after getting no other confirmation.

“I’m sorry mam but I will request, let him decide his likes and dislikes don’t make him so much dependent on you “ 

“I’m sorry. I will not do that again” the women replied in embarrassment.

“Don’t be sorry” I smiled.

I looked back at the boy and asked “So, champ can you say me English Alphabet?”

The boy answered me accurately with all the 26 letters of English alphabet.

Whoa ! Very good!

He smiled brightly… but looking at His mother. (Every child wants to see there parents proud)

Now tell me what’s that in your hand? lollipop?

He nodded happily

Alright! So do you know how to write lollipop?

He now sadly nodded that he don’t.

I took my remote and switched on and the almirah on my back flipped open. The boy jumped and clapped in excitement and said “ Mommy chocolates !” his mother stared at me with confusion. I asked the boy “Do you like it? he happily said “Yes!”. “Ok! So come and take anyone you like“ he was very confused which one he should take. He finally chose Twix. I asked him what he have chose. He raised his hand towards me and said “chocolate!”.  Yeah.. but what is the name of your chocolate? he then looked at his chocolate cover but failed to read it and looked up at me sadly . I asked “So don’t you want to read  its name? and all the chocolates in my almirah and tell your mom to buy them for you?” He quickly nodded his head with expectation. Oh very god boy! So right now you are in the  school and we will teach you how to read and write your daily necessities . “So, will you come our school?” he happily nodded and said “Yes” he didn’t look at her mother this time and was staring at me with excitement and confirmation of his decision.  

 

  

“Jack? Do you like the school?”     

Yes Mama!!

Why?

“Mama he said he will teach me the  names and I can read and write all the names ,I’m very happy !!”

The boy doesn’t want to go to school for chocolates any more. He wants to learn. He was happy with the knowledge that school will teach him how to read and write Different names but he didn’t know he was going to build his whole future there. But is there any doubt that he will not know it? Is there any doubt that he started education for his need and not to satisfy his mother?                    

 

 

 

 

© 2016 Lenah Mehzabin


Author's Note

Lenah Mehzabin
Correct me if I've dome any grammatical mistakes

Read it on Wordpress too.Link is given below

https://red1080.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/how-the-boy-started-his-education/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good message with an unique concept... You have written a very good piece of story, I liked the way you told the story with very clear descriptions and presentation... Most children are overly dependent on their parents, the way they have been taught to react to their emotions that they can't even show their natural reactions without taking permission from their parents, I believe it's a huge problem, parents should let their children react to their certain emotions without forcing them.... This is an amazing story, it is packed with message...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lenah Mehzabin

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much I'm really very happy and glad that my message was successfully delivered and you .. read more



Reviews

I truly enjoyed this story.
"The boy doesn’t want to go to school for chocolates any more. He wants to learn. He was happy with the knowledge that school will teach him how to read and write Different names but he didn’t know he was going to build his whole future there. But is there any doubt that he will not know it? Is there any doubt that he started education for his need and not to satisfy his mother? "
I agree with the above logic. Children decide when they desire to learn and seek their rewards for their sake. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 7 Years Ago


A very good message with an unique concept... You have written a very good piece of story, I liked the way you told the story with very clear descriptions and presentation... Most children are overly dependent on their parents, the way they have been taught to react to their emotions that they can't even show their natural reactions without taking permission from their parents, I believe it's a huge problem, parents should let their children react to their certain emotions without forcing them.... This is an amazing story, it is packed with message...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lenah Mehzabin

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much I'm really very happy and glad that my message was successfully delivered and you .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2016
Last Updated on April 2, 2016
Tags: #education #Life #school #teachi

Author

Lenah Mehzabin
Lenah Mehzabin

About
I consider myself an independent thinker and writer. I started writing here in the writer's cafe from the age of fifteen and with all the bittersweet memories, I must say time really flies. I am a gro.. more..

Writing
Raw Raw

A Poem by Lenah Mehzabin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Seattle Seattle

A Poem by Megan