A Lover's dream

A Lover's dream

A Poem by Ria Carol
"

The poem describes the dream of a person who loves someone very deeply...but is betrayed...by him. Ever had someone who promised you they wouldn't leave you?...or walk away?...but did?...read on...

"
I wished there was a world so different,
a world where I am listened too.
Perhaps in this world so different,
I can join the blissful too.

The sleepless nights,
The painful dreams,
Disappeared into a world of peace.

A world that thrives on love alone
A world where betrayal is unknown.
A world where I can be in your dreams
A world where evil forfeits.

So please do accept my appeal,
darling come back here to me.

© 2016 Ria Carol


Author's Note

Ria Carol
hopefully this is not too shabby...i made up my mind to write something everyday...and today was one of those days where i wasn't really inspired...feel free to comment/review/criticise.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You had my mind in the beginning and my heart at the end! Great poem!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you!..for such a kind review.Glad you liked it :)
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A hopeful poem, light in tone and expression.

We all have had our hearts broken at some point. It is how we rebound from said heartbreak that illustrates our true strength and character. Betrayal is a tough thing to deal with. To be betrayed, yet to plead for them to return to you, is something i am foreign to, and quite frankly, wouldn't condone. If someone betrays you once, they will most definitely betray you again.
A nice little poem. Try not to write when you are uninspired though. Your work will suffer. Words cannot be forced. They need to flow. Remember that.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind and helpful review :)
I find this very beautifully written. I will have to agree with you, i have also dealt with such betrayal and it is fair nor right, but that shows a lot of how our world is, corrupted.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

I agree...we shouldn't make promises we can't keep...its better to tell the person the truth and hur.. read more
When such a thing happens, it blinds our days and with it our perception...heavy in energy and potency :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Definitely...its hard enough to trust someone whole heartedly...the least one requires in return...t.. read more
A simple poem which brings out your emotions. You are heart-broken, obviously, for your lover has betrayed you- his infidelity overpowers your fidelity. You dream of a world where people are veracious and they do not betray- they keep their word and see love as the greatest thing.
It is okay, as far as I suppose. You can do better. Keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ria Carol

8 Years Ago

Thank you...ill definitely do better...:)
I know the feeling of this poem... people are strange, they make promises which they can't keep, they show dreams to the other person without thinking about what will happen if they break that dream... Betrayal is one of the most painful feeling in love, but that's how it goes... We are imperfect human beings so we love imperfectly and imperfect people...

There is truly a raw and very touching emotional picture in this poem that really stands out and many of us can relate to it... Clappings!!!!!

Regards,
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ria Carol

8 Years Ago

Ill definitely improve...thank you
This is a beautiful interpretation. I too wish for a world where betrayal is unknown. Betrayal hurts both the betrayed and the betrayer. The betrayed finds a ripple in their trust; while the betrayer merely betrays themselves. Betrayal is a sure sign that the betrayer is unhappy with them self; they wish to change things about their lives that they once thought were good, in an attempt to make themselves whole. However, unless they feel whole with themselves, they will never feel whole with any change they make; and they will constantly hurt others as they attempt to make themselves whole. I hope they come to know themselves, so they can stop causing harm to themselves and the others who trust them. Thank you for sharing this, Ria. It got me thinking.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ria Carol

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the lovely review...
I think this is a very meaningful piece that some people can relate to, I certainly can.
It's a devasting experience, betrayal. Not too shabby for an uninspired day. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ria Carol

8 Years Ago

Thank you...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016
Tags: sad, broken hearted, betrayal, love.

Author

Ria Carol
Ria Carol

Bangalore, India



About
I know Im a lot of work in progress bear with me :) more..

Writing
Oblivion Oblivion

A Story by Ria Carol


Untouched Untouched

A Poem by Ria Carol


Blind Girl Blind Girl

A Poem by Ria Carol



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Farewell Farewell

A Poem by Ria Carol