Farewell

Farewell

A Poem by Ria Carol
"

The poet bids adieu to her loved ones as she is about to take her life... Read on to find out why...

"


Perhaps this was meant to be,
an unending love story.
I am where I used to be
in the same spot, cold and lonely.

Why? oh why?
have the fates dealt me the hand of cruelty.
Why? oh why?
do I sing lugubriously? 

As my life now comes to an end, 
I take a breath to slowly mend.
Mend my dying soul, 
for the time has come.

The time for me to feel everlasting love,
Farewell my loved ones 
or so I say
See you on heavenly judgement day.

© 2016 Ria Carol


Author's Note

Ria Carol
Review/criticism welcomed

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very awesome read. I like how your writing flows together, to make me visualize everything that's going on. Many stories on here do that, and that's why most of the stories I read on here are good because you all are very talented and gifted, I visualized everything as I was reading it. Great writing. On to another topic. I have a website where I post my short stories, and blogs on. I also have ads on the website. I was wondering if you can go to my website, and click on any ad. you don't have to buy anything, I promise you won't get any viruses, all it is is google adsense on my website, and the more clicks on the ads, the more it helps grow my website. My website is bwlawson.com I appreciate it, that you would be taking part in helping my craft, business, product, and brand grow. Thank you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautifully crafted piece of lost love.
Love is a powerful thing. It can become the very reason to live and die as well, for that matter.
Very well written. Liked the picture, it compliments the words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your review
Jyoti_Ablaze

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Love stories never end. Even when we think its over, it isn't. I like the way you have taken love to a higher pedestal by saying that even after death this love will still continue. It will truly become "everlasting"
Beautifully written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your perspective on this
Ria wow!! I can't believe how beautiful and sad this is... Gosh!!! What a touching yet melancholic write... I'm amazed by your choice of words... How often we feel like this after being broken in life, we crave for love but there comes a day when we feel the love we we are waiting for will never pass... I felt just the way you said here my sweet frnd... Remember you have a worth here...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman for your inspirational words :)..im glad you liked it
Sad poem and apocalyptic. I hope you like a poem mine called MY LAND OUR LAND. Similar but a little bit longer. But, same message. Like it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


How very sad this one is.
To bid farewell to the world. Tragic.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Definitely..thank you for reviewing
Your sophisticated write sent me to google: lugubriously! Very interesting word choice that fits the spot perfectly. Your poem is well-written, with haunting tones of love unfulfilled. I'm unsure what the first line of the last stanza means . . . "everlasting love" (I'm guessing) might mean God's love? If so, some people would not agree, those who feel suicide is a sin deserving hell & damnation. Just an observation, not a criticism. I see you are a singer & musician, which might explain why this seems to have a bit of a sing-song rhythm.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Yes it means gods love...i don't think that though...i believe we are all god's children and that bo.. read more
This is a beautifully worded piece. It is not what we've lost which makes us suffer; it is what we want but cannot have which makes us suffer. And truthfully, all that we really want is to be relieved of want; for it is the want itself that makes us unavailable for anything else. I think many people can relate with this piece and the feeling it paints a picture of. Thanks for sharing, Ria.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you for such kind words. Im glad you can relate to it :)
The flow of your words on display in this piece is exceptional. They are well arranged and deliberate. There is some beautiful phrasing in this poem. Very sad to read, but also beautiful in a way. Very nice poetry!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your review :)
this is so sad...no other way for this poet...poets usually write away from suicide...but Plath, Sexton, Berryman, Jarrell....are examples of ones who wrote themselves into the bottom of the cone and had nowhere else to go...

you capture the despair so well in this...also what is different here is the speaker asking "why" not just "what method"---

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ria Carol

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing this. I really appreciate all the help and kindness

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016
Tags: Sad, lonely

Author

Ria Carol
Ria Carol

Bangalore, India



About
I know Im a lot of work in progress bear with me :) more..

Writing
Oblivion Oblivion

A Story by Ria Carol


Untouched Untouched

A Poem by Ria Carol


Blind Girl Blind Girl

A Poem by Ria Carol



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..