Masquerade Ball

Masquerade Ball

A Story by Becca*Type2012
"

We had to write a five pragraph essay on the Masquerade Ball in Romeo and Juilet from one of the characters who attended the ball.

"

My parents Masquerade Ball, the annual Capulet family gathering. It’s Friday night, and sadly I nothing better to spend my time doing. I’d rather spend tonight dancing and giggling than that sitting and staring at my four walls, ceiling, and floor. It’s finally time to descend down the grand, gold staircase and into the ballroom, where I will unite with my family and “friends."

            As I descend down the staircase, I see the ballroom in full costume. The magnificent red and purple drapes suspended from the ceiling stopping appropriately six to seven feet above the floor. Many people have already begun to dance to the slow classical music that lingers in the air. A young man is approaching me wearing a soft black velvet jacket with seemingly cotton trousers and a red silk shirt complete with a red mask only the bridge of his nose and the area around his eyes.

            He asks me to dance and I joyfully oblige. He takes my hand in his and his soft skin sends a chill up my spine, like I have never felt before. I put my hands around his neck and feel the soft velvet under my palms and his short stubby hair beneath my fingertips. He puts his hands at my waist and the smooth, silky, gold fabric gets pushed against me even more than it already was. After a few minutes he asks me if I want to be alone and he pulls me away to the terrace. I shiver as the cold night air goes right through my silk gown. Suddenly our lips connect and his heat sweeps through my entire body.

            The sensation of wanting and neediness takes over me as he pulls away from his kiss. Nurse snatches me away from this man, pulls me back up the staircase, and tells me he is a Montague. I am devastated and want to cry, but I hold back the tears. I see him down below on the main floor staring back at me with his beautiful, brown, round orbs that seem to go right through me, then he suddenly turns and walks away and I find my way back to the Ball questioning why fate brought us together.

            Later that night lying in bed I thought about the day’s proceedings. Fate brought Romeo to the ball. Fate made Romeo spot me at the ball. Fate drew out our passionate kiss. Fate told me that I would fall in love with a Montague. The only thing I can hope for now is that we have the opportunity to meet again before we pass on.

 

© 2010 Becca*Type2012


Author's Note

Becca*Type2012
I got an "A". What do you think of the description?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

True, you do use a lot of modern day expressions, but this is well written and I think this is a cool assignment

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


You write very well, but I think that you used to many modern expressions/lifestyles in your descriptions of how people would have acted/thought.

-WlidRose92

P.S Thanks for the review.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow! What a great piece of writing and so descriptive and well penned!!!

Thanks a lot for sharing it here!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think the description is great!
Though, something that may have added a bit to it would be to have included quotes from the play
or following along by the real storyline a bit closer.
Though, on the other hand I think it was great that you put your own spin on it.
Excellent write!
-Elissa

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2009
Last Updated on February 11, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

Becca*Type2012
Becca*Type2012

Baltimore, MD



About
Name: Rebecca Dove Age: 15 Hobbies: playng sports (bowling, volleyball, softball, and basketball) and writing Music: just about everything, but my favorite artist is Taylor Swift Aditional Info: a.. more..

Writing