First Sight

First Sight

A Story by Becca*Type2012
"

I worte this for a contest, so I hope you enjoy it. :-)

"

 

  

thcute-1.jpg first sight image by crazylife33

            

“Come on Sam wake up!” Samantha’s mother shouts as she opens the door “You don’t want to be late on your first day of you senior year do you?”

            “Fine. I’ll get up. I’ll get up,” Samantha says as she sits up in bed.

            “Now that’s my girl,” Samantha’s mother says enthusiastically as she leaves her daughter to get ready for school. Samantha lies in bed for a few more minutes before she actually gets out of bed. What should I wear today? Samantha asks herself as she walks over to her closet, and she pulls out a pink short sleeved shirt and a white mini skirt. This will work, she thinks to herself. She gets dressed, walks downstairs, grabs a Pop-tart for an “on-the-go” breakfast, and she gets in her car and drives to school. Once at school she parks at the student parking lot, walks around to the front of the school, and takes a seat on the bench where she waits for her friends to join her on their first day as seniors. Less than a minute later a boy walks over to the bench and sits down. He’s gorgeous, Samantha thinks to herself as she sneaks a quick glance at him. He meets her stare and says “Hi. I’m Ryan, and you are?”

            “Samantha. I haven’t seen you around Dundalk before is this your first year here?”

            “Actually it is I’m a transfer from Sparrows Point.”

            “Oh that’s cool,” Samantha says as she slides closer to Ryan.

            “Yeah, my family moved, so now I’m at Dundalk.”

            “Oh…that kinda sucks, but at least you didn’t move far.”

            “Yeah. It’s not that bad. Do you want to exchange numbers?” Ryan asked as he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. They exchanged numbers the the first bell rang, and Ryan said "I should probably go try and find my class before I'm late."

            “Do you want an escort?”

            “That would be great.”

            “Where are you going?”

            “Um…133 English with Mrs. Vetri,” Ryan said after taking out his schedule.

            “Oooh. Ouch Vetri. She can be how can I put this…a little bit of a pain, so try your best not to piss her off, but yeah I know right where that is.”

            “Perfect,” Ryan said as they stood up from the bench and began to make their way to room 133. When they arrived outside Ryan’s homeroom Samantha stopped walking and said “Here you go room 133.”

            “Thanks Sam. Do you mind if I call you Sam?”

            “Nope. Not at all that’s what most people call me anyway.”

            “Cool. Well I hope to see you in one of my classes.”

            “Yup,” Samantha said as she gave Ryan a hug, and when they broke apart from the hug Ryan gave Samantha a peck on the lips.

© 2010 Becca*Type2012


Author's Note

Becca*Type2012
I wrote this for a contest. I hope you guys like it. Please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was pretty well, but what I found strange in a story was actually displaying phone numbers (hopefully not real numbers).
Usually, what authors would do now and then is just say something like
"so they exchanged phones to save each others' numbers..." well, something like that...

Other than that, this was pretty cool.
Hope you win :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 23, 2010
Last Updated on March 16, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

Becca*Type2012
Becca*Type2012

Baltimore, MD



About
Name: Rebecca Dove Age: 15 Hobbies: playng sports (bowling, volleyball, softball, and basketball) and writing Music: just about everything, but my favorite artist is Taylor Swift Aditional Info: a.. more..

Writing