Thinking About Having Sex...

Thinking About Having Sex...

A Story by Becca*Type2012
"

I write this to help me make my desicion about having sex. I hope it helps you make yours.

"

Sex. Originally something only to be done between a man and his wife, a symbol of love only to be shared with the love of your life.

Recently I’ve noticed that sex has become something less scared. Teenagers aren’t learning the value of one’s virginity. Just today I have had to re-teach myself that lesson.

I have been with my boyfriend for a year now and last night the question of having sex came up. A few weeks ago I was on the fence about having sex, but then I thought about the consequences and I decided it wasn’t worth the risk.

Both my boyfriend and I are virgins, so we don’t have to worry about sexually transmitted diseases. You would think that the numerous STDs that you could get from having sex would be enough to scare you away from even the thought of sex, but it doesn’t.

Another consequence is the always present chance of becoming pregnant. Yes there are ways of protecting yourself from becoming pregnant, but the only method that is one hundred percent effective is abstinence.

I have done sexual things in the past, but I still consider myself to be a virgin, but that depends on your definition of a virgin. My definition of a virgin is someone who has not had sexual intercourse.

The way the sex conversation got started last night was because my boyfriend told me that he overheard that one of the freshmen in his band class has sex a few days ago. He was upset that the freshman had sex and he hasn’t yet.

The label of being a virgin can be hard to handle for anyone, but depending on your age and your gender it can be even harder. I’ve noticed that teenage guys have more pressure to lose their virginity than teenage girls especially as their age gets older.

I think that if you are considering losing your virginity you need to think long and hard about it because once you lose it you can’t get it back. You need to think about why you are losing your virginity because of: your love for the person you are planning to have sex with, not having to deal with being labeled a virgin, or outside pressures. If one thing is certain about my sex life writing this helped me make my decision and I hope I hope I helped you make yours.

© 2010 Becca*Type2012


Author's Note

Becca*Type2012
What do you think? Any comments are appreciated. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

2nd paragraph word is sacred, not scared. and not so much a story as an essay, but it well written:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2010

Author

Becca*Type2012
Becca*Type2012

Baltimore, MD



About
Name: Rebecca Dove Age: 15 Hobbies: playng sports (bowling, volleyball, softball, and basketball) and writing Music: just about everything, but my favorite artist is Taylor Swift Aditional Info: a.. more..

Writing