RaYa FF: A walk by your side!

RaYa FF: A walk by your side!

A Story by RaYaForever
"

This is a Fan Fiction on my all time favorite on screen couple RaYa from the show Bade Acche Lagte Hain.

"

Preview

A nicely decorated bungalow in Mumbai...its outer surface dropping multi shaded lights...whereas the inner area is furnished with violet and white orchids...the intelligent chicks have arranged for some fragrance free flowers.. while making sure that the glazing decoration looks elegant too! After all, it had to be a larger than life type celebration...though they had no intentions to show it off! The trio just wanted to treasure the day.. capture some priceless moments from their parent's 40th marriage anniversary eve...their parents...who not only had given birth to them..but also blessed them with a Life in true sense...from whom they got to know the true value of a relationship...it's not always about leading lives together...sometimes it's just about living the life together...the elder daughter of the clan tied knot a bit earlier as she has grown up seeing two souls blooming into love...understanding...and mutual respect! The twins are also now happily married...and busy in raising their own kids!

The house which was buzzing with activities few moments back, seemed to be a bit tensed now as the couple who were going to get married for the second time this evening, got missing! The elder one calls her Father in Law, her Mentor: Dad, Mom-Dad have gone missing! We have no clue about their locus! But the voice from the opposite side assured her that her parents must have gone for a walk, they might have not noticed the phone calls, that's why they are not responding!

A Street View Park, Khao Gali -Mumbai,

A couple sitting in a bench, then man seems to be in his late 80's and the lady is somewhere in her mid 70's...the man looks well upholstered whereas the lady seems to be a bit skinny! The gentleman seems a bit clam, concentrating on his I-pad...but the lady is quite restless...noticing the sweat dropping down the forehead of the man sitting next to her...the man of her life...not only is her husband...but much more than a friend...a soulmate he is! On his shoulder, she finds peace, finds a new ray of hope...the light to begin a day!

The man whose eyesight is been a bit weakened now a days...looks quite dashing with the spectacle! He is observing his spouse who is concerned just because he is sweating due to the summer heat...a lady with whom he has spent a lifetime...who is caring, compassionate and gentle...whose warmth is well enough to make his day...his life partner she is!

Usually, a couple have so much to share on the day of their anniversary...that's too the 40th anniversary...so many memories to cherish for...maybe to share some dormant desires too which are yet to see the lights of fulfillment! Probably those people among those extra ordinary couples who generally we praise off.. but this couple in this bench...is a bit different...or let's say, they are among those few ordinaries who know the meaning of life...who never wanted to be in lime light...they themselves are the lights! They do not feel the need to walk keeping hand in hand in public...they make a walk side by side silently...if one of them falls behind...then other one looks backward,,,, wait for a while so that the other one can match the pace! They value the word Ordinary, instead of living the whole life in a yarn to win the tag named extraordinary!

The lady in the bench..is searching for her specs in her small side bag..the man knew well which section of the magazine would attract her attention...there is a column named RaYa'...the heading apparently meant heaven! This is a very ordinary story of an ordinary couple...still it catches the millions pair of eyes...the magazine publishes each part every weekend though the viewers wanted it to be on a daily basis! The writer who is a housewife in profession, did not want to "sell the concept...that's why she has made sure this gets published in a supplementary magazine that comes along with the newspaper! But the author badly wanted people to read the content too, so that they could start believing in love all over again even in a fast paced world where the emotion called love got somewhere lost in an attempt to possess the person you love! Moreover, the author finds it a moral responsibility of her to maintain the essence of a true story that she has witnessed from so close...that is why she has chosen to pen down the story with the initials of her favorite couple Ra & Ya...together they are called RaYa which also means friendship...after all, friendship shall be the base of any relationship...a relationship which is probably the only tie free from any materialistic bindings!

The old lady could not find her glasses, her husband comes forward to help her...let me read it today! Today, they published the third part...the subheading says: the first meeting of RaYa! The lady goes near to her man...to know more about a couple that millions of people admire!

RaYa's first meeting!

The people walking around were admiring the couple from behind...what did they actually see in an old aged couple to lionize for? The man in white kurta was breathing a bit faster due to asthma issues...The lady was way too simple...her grey bun got a bit loose..her untidy hair was flowing against the wind...altogether, there was no special sight at all...still, even the teens passing across...were adoring them...the lady got irked...the man beside her made a laugh...Priya...relax!

The lady: I tell you Ram, this is the major drawback of being the mate of a successful businessman! People from here and there, always peep in!

The man: Ma'am, they are not staring at us because of that!

Lady: then?

Man: they have found something in us that people keep searching for in a relationship for their entire life!

Lady: hmmm! The lady gets busy in searching for the nasal spray in her bag...and finally finds a small pump!

Man: how did you know that I have left mine at home?

Lady: I did not know, but I always keep an extra one with me for emergency!

Man: I know! That's why I always tend to forget the pack at home!

She offers him the small inhaler...he breaths in and finds a bit of comfort to take breath!

He looks at her loose bun...comes near...and tie it properly, seems like he has mastered the method...after all, a years of experience he had acquired.. in tying her loose hair! She glances at his French cut white beard...he looks so elegant with it! If she had believed in love at first sight, she would definitely fall for this old man even at her 70's...but they did not believe in that concept...they would rather go for knowing a person by heart...because...there is always something beautiful about the soul...there is always something precious in the heart...and learning the heart doesn't come within a day..it takes ages! She grew old knowing this person beside her...the passage of life became so meaningful with this man beside! And they find the similar vibe in the couple written about in that magazine lying beside...

The man reads it out for her...

*******************************************************

RaYa's first meeting:

Disclaimer: to maintain the personal secrecy, only the short form of the couple's real name has been used in this story...and the supporting characters names have also been reserved on personal grounds!

The old couple reading the magazine, laugh's at the author's pen name: Psycho Mom'...

The couple's (known as RaYa) first meeting was in an arranged set up...the young girl's (Ya) Father was an old acquaintance of Ra's Mother...their parents wanted them to meet each other...They went for a visit at the girl's house...she was the only child of a renowned architect, who had recently recovered from a major cardiac arrest! The man knew the boy's mother since years...her husband was a good friend of him...who passed away years back!

The girl did not like the dramatic arrangement at all...she knew well why her Father has arranged for this meeting...he wanted her to get hitched soon! She knew that she is the only support of her ailing father...and getting married means leaving this old life to suffer alone! How could she let that happen...her father raised her up...he did not ever wanted to marry again after her mother's demise when she was only 4! Moreover, she never really believed in love, marriage or companionship! For her, there was only one form of Love: that is in between the Father-Daughter..that she has seen in her 33 years span of life!

The young man (Ra), who was in his late 40's, was also not very convinced to agree to this meeting, he is in no mood to accommodate a lady in his life! He already had too much to do in life...he had two other siblings, a younger brother and a sister! After his Father's death, he had been tied with the moral responsibility to look after his family...in the course to take further his father's business, he did not even realize that when he had left behind the youthful phase of life! His mother and grandmother were behind him to get married...but he had lot more to do than only living his own life! Now, when he is a well-established name in the industry, there comes thousands of alliances for him...but he knew that people were attracted more to his name than to himself!

Ra's friend has made him to dress up in a golden kurta..which is showing off his extra curves even more! The girl is dressed in a light green salwar suit...keeping her curls lying on her left shoulder...they have sit on the opposite sofa..if you take into account the setup 40 years back, you must have thought of the couple trying to get a view of each other down their eyes..the girl blinking the eyes in shyness and the man scrutinizing the girl with a careful observation! But here we are talking about RaYa! They were looking straight at each other...with an intention to eat up the other one!

The girl's father was insisting her to show her small library (that she had furnished well in the opposite side of the living room) to the guests, Ra's two friends, siblings and to Ra too! All were mesmerized by the girl's choice! In those days, it was so rare to find a mini library at someone's house! Ra's friends and siblings were whispering something into each other's ears...finally, Ra's friends had handed him with a bunch of roses to offer to Ya! They leave the place soon in an act to roam around the luxurious house!

As soon as they leave, Ra came forward to keep the bunch of flower in the side table, soon after he places the flower near to the table the lady was standing, she started sneezing!! The man was left in utter confusion thinking what exactly happened! But in that single course of action, they could feel that they were so poles apart! Probably, it was too late to calculate all these, as they could clearly feel that their parents were so much hopeful about this relationship!

Ya: look, I am not doing this for myself! I am doing this only for the sake of my father...and I cannot deject him at this point of time! I do not know about your opinion, if you want to back off, you are free to!

Somewhere, the man liked the sparks in her eyes...those days, people used to get so disheartened due to dejection and this girl had the courage to talk about the topic so straightforward! She had no regret if such a well-known businessman backs off from the alliance! In fact, she herself was offering him to do so!

Ra: look, I know you have been dragged into this matter just as I am! I would not like to force you, I would say to my family that I did not like you...you too say something as such!

Few moments later, their respective parents call for them in the corner...to ask for their personal opinions! They were blessed by such supporting parents...who could think to get their approval before the final words! For Ya, nothing in the world was more important than her father's wish! Ra had full belief in his mother's choice! They silently nodded yes to the knot even though they were not really so fond of each other!

Writers note: it's not always about how similar two individuals are...to each other! It's all about how you let the other own grow being in your companion! Sometimes, it doesn't matter in the long run, that how reluctant you were to initiate the first move...it's all about how you made it work with time!

******************************************************

The old couple is a loyal viewer of this story...they too were married to each other in such a way...they never felt love for each other at their first meeting...love was such a matter of distant for them at that moment! What is love after all? The sensation that you feel at the first sight? Probably no! Probably it is something that you discover in a journey...that never really sweeps you off your feet...probably...it makes you learn how to walk your way...they feel so grateful that they did not fall in love instantly...as it would be falling for the person only...they feel content as they could love the person within that they have been able to learn in a journey called life!

Commemorating the wedding day!

RaYa's first meet rejuvenates a meaningful phase of the old couple's life...who were enjoying the write up in the magazine...they commemorate their wedding day, a day that was so fated to happen...that did not only start a new chapter in their life...but that day itself had written the book of their life...

*****************************************************

The bride and groom sitting next to each other...the bride's face is covered with the clutter of the red chunri...and the groom's face also seems to be indistinct due to the long turban...two souls sitting next to each other in a well-furnished stage...unknown to each other's countenance...not even compatible to each other in any single way! Still, their hearts were drabbing at the same rate...a mixed set of emotions clasping their minds...in an uncertainty that they are going to start a new life together...the same thought manipulating their minds over and over again...would the other one be able to accommodate the prior memories and the people attached to their lives that they had been living since their births?

The wedding veneration starts...the holy mantra adding a peaceful aura in the delightful ambience...the priest calls for the bride's Father to fulfil the ritual associated to Kannyadan...Priya stretches her hand with uncertainty.. Ram notices from the corner of his head-cloth that her hand was shaking a little...Priya's Father places her hand on Ram's palm...he entines her little finger slightly with his one...finally, both of their pulse rate come back to normal...Priya sighs deeply...they were sitting close enough that they could smell each other's fragrance..somehow Priya liked the scent...though not as familiar as her father's one...but she felt a feel of oneness!

Priya recalls how she had to make the journey of life all alone...there were times when she craved for a shoulder to cry out her heart...though Sudhir Sharma, her father...had always been there as her support system, but there were times when she couldn't share the burden of life with a person who himself was suffering from severe heart diseases! Priya comes back to the present as soon as the priest asks for them to take the Circumambulations in front of the holy fire...Ram offers his hand to Priya while getting up...she thinks for a fraction of a second and then keeps her hand on his...though there was resonance of claps and chants, both of them experienced a heavenly serenity...seemed like millions of angels were blessing them from above...after the completion of the seven circumambulations, Ram fills her hairline with a pinch of vermilion...as soon as he touches her linear, she experiences a sense of warmth and security...a kind of feeling that she had never experienced before...something that she was not been able to gather into words...every evening when she used to walk in the lawn, her father used to accompany her...if she ever tripped, he used to get a hold of her immediately..she knew so well that her father would always protect her from any harm, that sometimes she did not even used to pay attention while walking...a blind kind of trust she and her father share with each other...but suddenly why she encountered a feel of safety with an unknown man? Is this called love? But no! She never believed in love, how could she fall in love with a person who she met hardly three times? When she was too lost to balance out her thoughts, her loose end of the wedding outfit made Ram to slip out...he was about to fall down...but she somehow manages to hold him up..Ram looks above...a newly wedded bride...with a tensed look was enquiring through her eyes if he has got hurt..variety of emotions were visible in her eyes...nervousness...anxiety..restlessness...that every girl go through during the marriage...but in that pair of eyes...above all, there was concern...if the man next to her was okay or not! He felt like holding her hands tightly and assure her that all was okay! But he did not...he did not attempt to hold her hands...in a crowd...he blinked his eyes instead...she instantly got the meaning and her frowns of concern vanished away!

*****************************************************

The old lady tickles her man on his plumped stomach: did you feel shy to hold the hand of your wife? She winks...he encounters: not really, I knew that I don't need to make attempts to grab you...I don't need to show off my rights on you in public...if you are mine, then you are mine, and I knew well that you became mine since then! 

Going down the memory lane!

There are thoughts that may not let you sleep...and there are also such memories that may put you into a peaceful sleep every night...those thoughts never leave us alone...those memories live on as long as you breathe! The old couple did not believe in occasional remembrance of certain events only when you are desolated... there can be commemoration of a significant phase of life that never really got faded from your mind even when you are happy... The old couple had such memento that they do recommence even when they are in glee...after all, our memories deserve a share of our happiness too, isn't it?

Today, on the day of their 40th marriage anniversary, they were on a spree to go down the memory lane! Would you like to be a part of their journey?

Flashback (their "First" night):

Due to Sudhir's unstable condition, their wedding was arranged at Priya's house...a place where she spent her childhood...the every corner of the wall showcasing numerous memories which she was fond of...every column holding the vigor that the Father-Daughter had put into to fight against all the odds of life...

Finally...the moment of exodus approaches...an uncomfortable lump penetrating Priya to breathe...all the emotions seems to be trammeling up...which is not even ready to shed out...Sudhir observes the visible axon of her throat which is throbbing faster due to the varied set of emotions she was fighting against! But she did not let a single drop of tear shed...as she did not want to leave her father in a mess of emotions...she summed up all her thoughts and treasure those in the corner of her heart to nurture for the lifetime...she tightly holds her father's hand with an attempt to step out of the gate...a deep footprint shapes in at the spot she was standing...suddenly, her loose end of the wedding outfit gets stuck at the doorstep...Sudhir was about to untie it...but Ram bends down to take out the stuck side of the mantilla...Sudhir willingly loses his hand from her grip...after freeing her from the intercept, Ram holds two of her fingers with his palm...and together they step out of the gateway...oblivious to the fact that they were fated to build a Home of their own...Priya leaves an irremovable mark behind while stepping out...

At the groom's place, Kapoor Mansion:

After the completion of the housewarming ritual, Ram's younger brother and sister (Rishabh & Natasha) accompanied by two of closest friends Vikram & Neha, bring Priya to Ram's room...Priya silently observes each corner of the room...the room was decorated nicely...Priya could feel that the mess was tried to be fixed up with great effort...though it was clearly visible that the person living in the room surely seems to be messy! Priya startles as she finds a gentle lady standing beside her...Ram's mother...Krishna Kapoor...

KK: What are you thinking, Priya? That what a mess you are been subjected to? Life would always be a mess Priya...we can't resolve it all times...look at the blinking lights kept in the jar...amidst all the chaos, there would always be a piece of happiness that you need to find...among all these mess, there would always be a light...which would lit up if you smile...Priya smiles slightly...

KK: missing home?

Priya nods her head...

KK: welcome home beta!

Priya thinks to herself...home? This was not her home...! Her house was a sign of her perfection...and this room? It was just a total mess just like her life at this moment!

KK: Priya...what is called a home? To where we urge to return back once the sun sinks, right? Where we find peace after a tiring day of work, where we leave a piece of ourselves every day we leave for work, right? I wish and hope, that soon u would discover your new home, your own home!

Whatever she was saying, was not clear to Priya...still, she liked the lady! As it says, love, like, hatred these sort of sentiments always tend to have a two way reciprocation...the lady also liked her! They found an unknown comfort in each other within a fraction of second!

Late Night:

Priya was sitting on the couch in an awkward state...Ram was about to go to the restroom to change into his nightwear...suddenly he remembers that Priya may also need to freshen up...he stands in front of her...she looks above...

Ram: U can use the washroom first...

Priya (hesitantly): pehle aap kar lijiye...

Ram: nai...phle aap karo!

Priya gives a turn as soon as she hears the salutation "aap"...when they met before the marriage, he addressed her same as this...but then she thought..he would address her as tum when they would get married...

Ram: what happened? You need time to freshen up?

Priya (confusingly) : ooo...aap mujhe tum karke bol sakte hai!

Ram: phir aap bhi mujhe tum karke bol sakte ho!

Priya: will do if I feel like!

Ram (slightly smiling): hmm...same here!

Priya: you can use the washroom first!

Ram makes his way to the washroom...Priya kept thinking...she had always been a bit rude...a straightforward kinda person...she just had a handful of friends only...her relatives used to say she is like this as she couldn't experience the motherly love...but she was somehow happy with her way of living! But now when she being a part of a new family, should she tone down herself a bit?

After a while, Priya also changes into a red and magenta shaded salwar suit gifted by Ram's Dadi...Ram who just turned on the t.v to get a catch of his favorite cartoon show, notices Priya standing in front of the dressing mirror...for the first time, he observes his newly wedded wife with adoration...din't know why...but this time, he din't feel to ask for her permission to look at her...she had no makeup at all...only a red tip on her forehead...and a pinch of vermillion on her hairline was there...still she was looking so serene...the red mark hadn't been stained a bit even though she had removed all her ornaments, hair clips and makeup...he thinking, did she preserved that magnificent drop of vermilion purposely?

Suddenly Priya notices that a cartoon show running on the set of television...she thought maybe Ram was switching the channel...Ram could understand what she was thinking...

Ram: This is my favorite..

Priya laughs...since the day he had met her...this was probably the first time he saw her laughing...altogether that was the most beautiful sight!

After a while:

Both in an uncomfortable state make a place on the bed...not been able to decide on which side each should sleep...they kept sitting on the bed in confusion...suddenly, Priya starts the conversation:

Ram...she stops for a while...I can call you by your name, right?

Ram: yes, of course! That's my name! I always call you by your name, and it should be no way different for you too!

Priya (not been able to decide what to say): see Ram, I am a very practical person...I may not be able to fulfil the desires that you may have attached to this relationship!

Ram (a bit shocked by her sudden statement): I never had any predetermined desire about any relationship! I always accept the way as it comes!

Priya (twisting her wrists): I may never be able to love this relationship Ram! I don't even know what love is! I may sound selfish, but I only learnt to love myself and my father!

Ram: There is nothing wrong in loving your own self Priya! In fact, that is the first step to love someone else!

Priya: How do you know? Have you ever been in love?

Ram (in an intention to close the topic) you can sleep on the right side!

Both sleep turning opposite to each other...being cautious...making sure to leave a plenty of place empty in between them...an empty feeling grasps Priya's mind...what her papa would be doing at this moment? Should she call him up? She checks her phone...it's already too late! Should she call his caretaker? Thousands of such thoughts kept coming on her mind until she dozes off! Suddenly, an intense sound wakes her up...she flips around to find what's going on...she finds a pleasantly plump man sleeping beside her...while snoring extensively! She being bothered by the noise, takes along the pillow and makes her place on the couch!

Next morning...Ram yawns while cavernously stretching his arms...he instantly wraps his arms as soon as he remembers that a lady was sleeping just beside him...but he couldn't find Priya in the bed!


***************************************************************************************

The old man clutches the lady toward his chest...the warmth...the grace was still there...who says the zeal gets lost in the battle of life? They still get concerned on each of the wheezes of the other one...the way they used to get excited calling each other's name when coming home after a long day of work in their youthful days! They spent the epoch following the same manner...still, their relationship never got "bored" of each other! You know why? We breathe in every fraction of second...and there shall never be any substitute to this!

A special gift to RaYa!

This part is full of gyans and bhashan, i apologise if it got too monotonous! A major missing of RaYa got high on me!!

*******************************************************************************

Suddenly the phone rings...the old man brings it out from his pocket...

Man (exclaiming in wonder): Priya, maybe I have brought your phone by mistake..

Lady: so what? Tum hee answer karlo!

Man (seeing the name flashing on screen): he screams in joy: Darling....how are you?

Neha (A lady who is called Psycho mom by her kids, who's more a friend to both Ram & Priya than a relative...their elder daughter got married to the younger son of Neha & Vikram) Happy anniversary fatty!

Ram (with a broad smile) Thank you, thank you!

Neha: it's your 40th anniversary...and you eloped with your own wife?

Ram: (grinning) jaye bhi toh jaye kaha...o toh basa hai har pal mere sasson me yahan!

Neha: poetry n all, not bad! Our kids were really tensed as you both are not responding to their calls!

Ram: amaaa...yaar, I guess I have forgot my phone at my desk! and Priya's one was in vibration mode!

Neha: no worries! But today, I have a very special gift for you both, for my RaYa!

Ram (with an eager to know) and what's that?

Neha: check your email fatty!

Ram: now I would receive my anniversary gift through emails! Wah!

Neha: I am sure, this would touch your soul Fatty!

************************************************************

Two pairs of eyes...glued to the monitor screen...to acknowledge the first gift of the day...it's a letter...an e-letter...from a fan of RaYa...remember the couple named RaYa? who this old couple admire? Though only the three parts of the story had been published so far...the story did not fail to convey the message to the ordinaries that it desired to!

The letter:

Dear RaYa:

I am an ordinary fan of you..living a very ordinary life...but i never felt so proud about it until the day I started following your story...for you, maybe it's your life that you have been living since forever...but for me, it was just a fiction when I commenced reading...and today, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart...for making me believe in fiction...for making me believe in the concept of love, for making me realize that magic exists! You know what? I lived your love! And there are certain things that shall always remain constant...that is how my love for you! I never feel shy to say that I adore you, admire you...respect you...I never try to flip the page of the magazine if someone comes around during my course of reading...you know why? Because, I have no embarrassment to confess my love for you! Even after a century...this would never fade away...and I have no regret about it that you captured a significant portion of my heart...my mind...my soul! And this is not a momentary liking which would last only till your story gets published, not only for the time being when you would materialistically be a part of my routine, this is a kind of love that shall last even when the story would end, as I love you to the eternity!

Yours sincerely,

Just a Fan of you!

**************************************************************************************

There was nothing special about this letter...still it moistened their eyes...why did people adore them so much? Isn't it too much? No, it actually isn't! Because in a world full of exaggeration, they made the world believe that something so pure still exists! What was there in their love story? In their relationship, there was no chance to gift the other one a bunch of flower, or go on a honeymoon trip to know your partner better, then how did their relationship got strengthen? With the passage of time only! Because they had no hurry to claim the other one, when the entire world got engaged in a race to win the tag named "Best", they were searching for peace in general!

Flashback:

Ram doesn't find Priya on her side...he goes out of his room kneading his drowsy eyes...he finds her in the mini temple that is way to the ground floor...she draped herself in a light pink saree...Ram only been able to get the rear view..steps in the prayer room...to get a catch of the equable sight...somewhere he never entered since a decade...as he believes that his father was snatched from him which changed his life forever...

He barely makes a look at Priya...her dripping hair still shedding a few drops...he goes near...the red vermilion fully occupying the entire hairline...her red bracelet making continuous clink...as soon as she folds her palms with closed eyes...unknowingly....Ram finds his two hands folded in constancy....soon his eyes shut just as Priya...Krishna Kapoor who was passing across...silently cherishes the most peaceful sight!

Priya Kapoor: making an entry to the Punjabis' kitchen: 

Priya who just entered the kitchen with an intention to prepare a sweet dish as instructed by Dadi...finds each member of the Kapoor clan there...she takes a moment to absorb the happenings...Natasha chopping onions & tomatoes for the omelet...Ram sweating due to the rising steam appearing from the tea catley...Rishabh baking the pancake...a bunch of butlers just standing a few steps away with an approach to respond to the Kapoors as soon as they call for assistance! A view that Priya had never been able to enjoy at her own house...there, househelps used to prepare food for them.. there were times when Sudhir used to run behind her to take the meal...after her arrival from the college! but she couldn't recall a sequence where she had a kitchen full of family people...as soon as they notice her...everyone greets her with a broad smile...Welcome Bhabi! She reciprocates with even a broader smile...her nervous face was clearly depicting that she had not really been that much familiar with kitchen stuffs or comfortable with cooking tactics! But she observed that all the Kapoors were working as a team...and for some unknown reasons, the entire clan wanted her sweet dish to taste greater than their respective dishes! With great efforts from Natasha and Rishabh, she endeavored to finish the garnishing of the dessert!

Breakfast table, Kapoor Mansion:  

Vikram & Neha also join them for the breakfast...Priya's face lights up each time anyone praises the dessert...finally, she feels like having a share too...as soon as she masticates, she finds it absolute tasteless!!

Priya observes how each of them were cracking baseless jokes with the other one...and another one was bursting into laughter as if that was the most hilarious joke of the world! Each one passing the dish to the one seated near...gossiping...making fun of each other...altogether a scene that was making her heart heavy...something she had always been deprived of since her childhood! At her place, it used to be only her father and she...Sudhir kept being extra cautious about her diet since her childhood days...chatting with her...asking her how's the day and she nodding her head doing hmmm....hmm....that was all about their lunch & dinner! For a fraction of second, she feels proud to be a part of the Kapoor family!

While wrapping up, she finds KK alone in a corner of the dining table...

Priya: Maaa...(her voice shakes a little while saluting her as Maa)

KK: ha beta..

Priya: Maa, that dessert was such an insipid...

KK: who told you that?

Priya: I know Maa!

KK: Priya, it didn't taste great...but that wasn't bad too!

Priya: still, Maa..that was my first attempt as the Daughter-in-law of this house and I failed!

KK: Priya, let me tell you one thing...never run behind the best...we shall always be happy with the basic! At the end of the day, if we heave a sigh of peace, that's happiness, that's the beauty of life, isn't it Priya?

Priya amazes at such a statement...

KK continues: there is always good side of each situation...that typical percept that heart makes its way through the stomach would not be applicable to your & Ram's relationship..no? she makes a candid laugh!

Priya's eyes moisten...nobody ever cuddled her such a way...through their words! She spent all her life being a perfectionist....being a champion! But she could never think that would it matter in the long run? Having a sigh of relief, she makes her way to the upstairs!!

Ram who was silently hearing this conversation from behind...folds his arms and stands beside KK....both looking upfront...

KK: Ram, you have been lucky...I must say!

Ram looks at her with a querying eye...

KK: you know Ram...we always expect that the ladies would carry all the burden...in all stories, women have been picturized taking care all the necessities of the family...in that course, we always tend to forget that they are also human, they also need a shoulder to shed out....but in your story, you are getting the chance to share the responsibilities of life with your wife! I believe that you would be nurtured in her crib....but you need to amass too! Being in your companion, she would learn to love the feeling called "Love"...There are very few men who get such a chance to cumulate life this way, you should take it as a blessings from the almighty, isn't it Ram? Ram wheezes in pride...but he could not detect the reason behind his feelings!

******************************************************************

The phone beeps again....bringing them back to the present....Ram being a bit annoyed, was about to pick it up...but then he smiles! It was a regular reminder...for his medicines for the knee ache...Priya takes out the tablet page and a small bottle of water from her side bag...he gulps the water to swallow the medicine...he drips his mouth while taking the water...she wipes the moisten portion through the fringe of her saree...a young man, sitting in the opposite bench blinks his eyes noticing the genuine sight!  

The 1st outing!

This part is as simple as it is, moreover, i couldn't manage to provide a bigger update due to several reasons, still, i am posting this as i myself would like to continue this story as long as i can! Thank you all for your time!

*******************************************************

A couple, on their 40th marriage anniversary...where could they choose to be in? Maybe in a tranquil place...enjoying each other's companion thoroughly, no? Why an old couple would choose such a congested place to spend such a memorable day? Isn't it easier to feel "lost" in a crowd? Maybe in their case, it wasn't that easy to be lost being in each other's companion...they also heard about that typical adage that it's easy to get strayed in a crowd! But they were among those people who royally hold into their individuality even among the mass!

Man: Priya...what shall I gift you...yaar?

Lady: gift? For?

Man: for our marriage anniversary!

Lady: why? Why should I receive gifts only during special occasions?

The term "Gift" reminds them of their first "official" outing...that was nothing special...but only a sabzi mandi from the nearby shop...

Flashback (Kapoor gang gossiping over Tea)

Neha (winking) Priya, tell me...how's your nap last night?

Everyone laughs loud...

Neha: arey bhai...I am asking cos it's all new for Priya na...I mean the setup...the surroundings...and...

Rishabh exclaims in utter fun: and Bhai's snore of course!!

The gang bursts into laughter...

Ram looks at Priya...her low-led eyes were a clear confession that she couldn't sleep all night due to the snore!

Meanwhile, Krishnaji joins them..."who wants aloo chaat for snacks"? Among the scream, Ram's voice overpowers: Me!!

Krishna Ji: Then bring the potatoes first!

Ram: Maa...please send Indar (their caretaker) naa!

Krishna ji (making excuses): He is out for some other chores! Why don't you go out with Priya and get some groceries too! I will give you the list!

Ram: not fair Maa! This week, it was Rishabh's turn!

Rishabh (in a taunting tone) Who's married Bhai? So your responsibilities got bigger!

RaYa walking along the roadside footpath:

Having no other choices, they both go out for grocery shopping!

Ram (hesitating) : Sorry yaar!

Priya (mmm) why?

Ram: I mean...usually, a newly married couple goes on trip and all...and here we'r going for grocery shopping!

Priya (in a taunting tone) I toh heard that it's all about the person...not the place!!

Ram absorbing the meaning that she is pointing him as "the person"...laughs! Noted Ma'am! We'll see!

Priya notices that the man she is walking along, is actually such a calm and composed person! There would hardly be anything that could raise his temper! How and from where a person can gather such extent of patience? Suddenly...it reminds her of her Father...her Papa is just like that! Why this man resembles her Father?

Ram's complaining tone brings her back to the present...yaar...I so hate walking! Priya heaves a deep sigh of relief! She mutters to herself: see...Priya...he hates walking...so opposite of your Father...there can no one else in your life like him!

Priya: ya, I can make a guess (pointing toward his chubby body)

Ram: ya, I also can make a guess that how much you enjoy walking! (he is indicating her slim curve)

While continuing the bicker, suddenly Priya stops in the middle of the road...and rushes to the other side of the road...Ram remains stunned by her sudden movement as she crossed the road violating the traffic signal...as the vehicles were running fast, Ram couldn't get a clear view of her...still, he could manage a hazy sight of her...she was holding a shabby man...who was struggling hard to get up as he stumbled...anyone passing by hadn't stopped...maybe simply because it din't grab their attention...or let's say that was due to the greasy outfit of the shabby man...but that sight caught Ram's attention...his wife was comforting the old man in a way that she had a connection with him since forever...a bond of humanity they shared! Ram crosses the road as soon as the signal clears...he had nothing to say to Priya...but for no reason, she earned his respect which leaves Ram in deep thought...is it that simple to earn respect? Then why did he experience such a feel for this lady who he doesn't even know well? He had place only for four ladies in his life...his family members they are.....his mother...sister...grandmother and a special friend (Neha). Is he happily accommodating a lady in his life? No way, that's not possible! He just does not want to float on an emotional dive all over again! Before a torment past could haunt him, he steps into a shop. They roam around individually...and pick up few stuffs from the list.

Suddenly Ram stops by the rack where the nasal strips were kept...he recalls the morning chit chat...he picks quite a few piece...also remembers Neha's tip that he should buy Priya a gift as they are going out for the first time! He quickly observes the shelves, but couldn't find any proper gift for a lady in a grocery chain store! Besides the nasal strips, he could see a basket full of feminine napkins. He puts a packet in his trolley and moves toward the counter.

******************************************************************

After a well spent day with the whole family, finally, they come to their room...as soon as Ram enters, he lies down on the bed...dozing into a peaceful sleep. But Priya couldn't close her eyes as the thought of her father din't let her sleep...she gets up to get the phone from the side table to make a call...suddenly a wrapped box of toiletries draws her attention...a note was attached to it: Let the humane inside you live forever, Happy Women's day! Unknowingly, it brings a smile on her face...she unwraps the packet...though it was not really an usual or expensive gift, it touched her heart! She gets her phone...it was past 12 am...flashing the date: 8th of March. It was too late to make a call to her dad! She so wanted to thank her Father...was she being happy about her married life? In an attempt to resolve the equation, she too dozes off!

******************************************************************

The old lady smiles recommencing the memories...fancy gifts could never make a way to their cupboards, you may call it their weirdness, but they would name it a normal life...the man also smiles to himself...wives guide their spouses throughout the life...but his one? She influenced his mindset about life...he learned to be compassionate...being in her companion!

Knowing you a bit better!

The lady just had her gastric tablet....but the man feels a bit hungry....the lady could make a guess about from his postures and flips...the lady brings out a small packet of sugar free biscuit...

Lady: have this naa! You are starving since the last 15 minutes!

Man: so what?it's just a matter of 15 more minutes only.. then we can have the meal together!

Lady: Ram, you have diabetics...you should take your meal on time! I can't take risk on that! And moreover, you would be having biscuits and I would be having aloo paratha (bringing out the wrapped parathas in a foil paper). So what's the use of waiting?

Man: (clutches her near to him) you would be having the parathas only because I love them!

Lady: I guess. I too have started liking them by this time!

Man: why?

Lady: when we love someone, we cannot pick only their good habits to admire for! Sometimes, we need to adjust with their bad habits too!

Man: so you mean, having aloo parathas is a bad habit?

Their knok-jhok....their await....rejuvenates one of the most important days of their life....a day, when too many incidents took place at a time....

Flashback:

Priya peacefully sleeping in the couch facing her right....holding a pillow on her ear....unanticipatedly, Ram becomes disquieted....a sharp sound stirs him up! Oh no! He snores so loudly! Massaging his asleep eyes, he realizes that it must be disturbing Priya too! For his utter surprise, he doesn't find Priya in the bed but on the couch....clutching the pillow covering her ears was telling the story itself! Suddenly he remembers about the nasal strips he had brought from the mall...he brings out a piece uncovering it! Being a bit indefinite about the usage, he somehow manages to place it on the upper surface of his nose! Flipping around for a while, finally he drowsed into sleep....ignoring that there is any tomorrow!

Next morning:

Stretching two of her arms, Priya wakes up...the side pillow drops from the couch....while picking it up, Priya finds the room so peaceful! To find out the cause, she goes near to the bed...a chubby overgrown kid sleeping peacefully...dripping his pillow with the saliva...she goes closer....sees a white strip on the middle edge of his nose...it annoys her a bit...is it troubling him to breathe? She carefully takes it out....in an intention to leave the place...she turns back...and then for no reason...she feels like looking back to Ram! A pleasantly plump man grabbing ample of the space...oblivious to all the erroneous occurrence of the world... sleeping so composedly ....Priya felt like thanking him...but she did not...there appears so many incidents as such in a family....do we always thank each other for each of the things that they do for us? No nah? Because there are certain gratitude which requires no words of acknowledgment!

She makes her way to the changing room...thinking that today...she must visit her Father...since the day she got married, she didn't even talk to him properly....even the thought of it stabbed her heart staggeringly!

A while later, Ram wakes up rubbing his drowsy eyes...his phone's reminder woke him up...he smiles broadly....tomorrow is a special day! There are so many things to do...hurry up Ram! Suddenly, he remembers that this year...Priya is there too...she also can take part in the arrangements!

An excited Ram comes out of his room...looking for Priya, inquiring each person crossing his way! He comes back to his room being a bit dejected as nobody knew where Priya has gone! After getting freshen up, he joins his siblings for the arrangements they were making for the Birthday celebration of their Mother �" Krishna Kapoor!

A while later, Ram was instructing his manager regarding the decoration...for the next morning veneration...meanwhile, Priya steps in...seeing her...he follows her to the upstairs...Priya drops her handbag in the couch....laying her head upon the wall behind...Ram not noticing her exhausted state, comes near and asks (rubbing two of his palm in excitement) offo...Priya...where were you? Priya looks up to him...his such inquiry makes her irate!

Ram please, it's not been even two days since we are married, and you have started inquiring me! I have never given any explanation to anybody in my life about my whereabouts! Let me make it clear to you, I am never going to ask you where do you spend your time and with whom! And I expect the same from you! Ram observes her carefully....doesn't react until she let her frustration out! As soon as Priya realizes that she has overreacted, she attempts to get up from the couch in an apologetic approach...Ram flashes a light smile...Priya, there are some things that the time would answer better, till then, no worries, I will try not to interfere! Once you freshen up, feel free to join us downstairs as we are chalking plans for Maa's b'day tomorrow! Priya nods her head in affirmation with a pale smile on her face.

Standing in front of the wash mirror, she keeps thinking, why did I burst out? If papa is not keeping well, that's not Ram's mistake! What's wrong with you Priya? Nobody ever inquired you about anything because you grew up all alone...there was no one to share your heart with! Papa remained busy either planning a secure future for you or struggling with the agonizing feeling of being alone without his better half! Her varied set of emotions moistens her eyes...even before she could feel it! She sprinkles water on her face...and rubs her teary eyes! Should I inform Ram that papa is unwell? No, he seemed very excited about the birthday celebration, let the celebration pass well first! 

She hurriedly goes down to join the discussion, but couldn't add up her contribution....all these were so new to her...so she silently kept admiring the sight that how a bunch of people planning for their mother's birthday with great extent of devotion! Suddenly, she feels someone's presence behind her...Krishna Ji it was...she could feel that Priya had never experienced such gathering...such light hearted arguments between siblings....she keeps her hand on Priya's shoulder....Priya, you know how to cook noodles na? You can add that in the list! Priya realizing that she purposely gave her the easiest task, instantly hugs Krishna Ji! All her fret went away...experiencing the warmth of the lady who meant more a mother to her than an in-law!

Next day:

The well decorated mansion buzzing with the birthday preparations...Natasha preparing the prayer plate...Rishabh instructing to hang flower in the railing of the staircase...Dadi preparing barfi and laddoo...Krishna Ji overseeing each of the activities with happiness and content...Priya lighting up the candles kept in the jar...Ram and Vikram went out to bring the idol of Lord Krishna as a gesture of present to the special lady....altogether, it was a glorious morning, filled with activities of the Kapoors!

All dresses up for the veneration....Natasha, Neha & Priya planned to go with a combination of red and white matching with today's special lady: KK...Though Natasha & Neha went for salwar suits, Priya chose a saree to carry...she had made a bun knotted in flower garland....and had applied a bit of kajal in the upper lashes of her eyes, a full set of red bangles occupying her wrists...her wedding necklace royally displaying out its appearance in the middle fold of the saree...and the pinch of vermilion complimenting her attire!

All gathers for the veneration....making a prayer for the wellbeing of the head of the family...their mother...their lifeline...Priya also made a silent prayer for her Papa's recovery...unknowingly, a name came into her mind..."God, please....Ram has so much innocence in his eyes....never let it fade away!" She herself startles as soon as she realized what she had just wished for! She opens her eyes instantly....for her surprise...she finds Ram staring at her...beauty had no exact definition for him.. once her mother told him that how beautiful a heart is always reflected in the face! Why did he find Priya beautiful? Just because he would be spending all his life with this lady in front of him? No, this can't be the only reason, the heart wants to whisper that there was something much more to it! What is it? What was it?

The moment he was engrossed into a deep thought to balance out the interrogations that his mind was raising, Priya's phone flashes...she rushes out seeing a text...Ram was too absorbed in the grip of his mind, that he couldn't notice that Priya has had already left the place!

Once the veneration finishes, everyone heads toward the dining table for the food fest...Neha has prepared pani-puri, who is currently busy in vain attempts to convince anyone and everyone to taste a piece first, even before they could start the meal! Neha exclaims: Fatty, this is not done, you have to taste it! Priya, at least, you try nah! Suddenly, all notices that Priya wasn't there! Ram, Neha, Natasha & Rishabh kept calling her number, but it was unreachable! Vikram tried her landline too, but nobody picked up! Ram inquired the gatekeeper and the driver too, but they couldn't provide any exact information. Seeing Ram a bit disheartened, Krishna Ji comes with a spoon of dessert, Ram have this and say how does it taste? While having the meal, he kept messaging Priya...but there was no response! Though there was laughter, joy, food, family and friends, altogether a great combination of everything he is fond of, still Ram found something missing! Ram kept recalling how she reacted just to a simple query of him...that where she was, and today, she left without informing....that's too on the day of his Mother's B'day! Why it's hurting him so much? Priya just got married to him few days back...she may had some other set of priorities and obligations which he is unaware of. Why is he getting so inquisitive about her life?

Ram gets anxious with the each passing moment, now even the family members kept trying to get connect through...they were waiting for her so that they cut the cake...but there was no news of her, even when the evening dawns! When Ram was on the verge of his limit, Sudhir's caretaker makes a call to Kapoor's landline! Ram Sir, Priya Ma'am has left a message for you, that she is in the Apollo hospital as Sudhir Ji is admitted there! Listening to this, both Ram & Vikram rush to the hospital...they find Priya sitting on a bench...biting her lips...pressing her forehead slightly...she thinking to herself: all these days, I have been managing all these things all alone, today why did Imessage Ram? That's too on his mother's birthday? Have I started relying upon him? But why? Just because I am married to him? Why the heart disagrees to this statement? Why the heart wants to direct her to a different direction into which she had never been before?

On their approach to the hospital, Priya acts like she was not shaken at all, she manages to flash a false smile...I am so sorry yaar! I dropped my phone by mistake and now it's not working! Maa must be worried, she must have been waiting!

Ram (touching her by her shoulder) : TUM thik ho?

Priya: ha, what happened to me? I am absolutely alright!

The doctor comes in for the checkups...he inquires...who's with Mr. Sudhir Sharma? Before Priya could say anything, Ram coms forward, Me!

Doctor: What's your relationship with the patient?

Ram: He is my Father! (His tone jerks a bit while uttering the word "Father")

Priya gives a look at him...she could feel: yes, he actually meant it!

Doctor discussed quite a few things with Ram, Mr. Kapoor you can take him home now, but keep in mind that, you shouldn't leave him alone. Though it was just a minor stress attack, he needs to be around his family to recover fast.

Priya not knowing what to say, standing in a corner...keeps twisting her fingers...Ram leaves with the nurse to fulfil the formalities for the discharge...in the admission form, he finds the Patient's attendant's name: PRIYA. She didn't add either Sharma or Kapoor...though both the title was strong enough to have its own valor!! Felt like her name itself was good enough for her..a young, independent and elegant lady....who was a known name in the choreograph industry, never really wanted to take advantage of her Father's affluence to be whatever she is today! That small way of act had Ram's heart...he became even more inquisitive to know the person breathing within this stubborn lady named Priya!

After a while:

Priya: Ram, I will stay with papa....at Sharma house...you please leave for Kapoor Mansion, it's already too late, Maa must be waiting for you!

Ram: Yes, she is waiting for you too! So we all are leaving for Kapoor mansion!

Priya: Ram, how papa can stay there!! I will manage for few days...then, I am also thinking to talk to my maternal aunt, to stay with Papa at Sharma house for a couple of months!

Ram moves the wheel chair..Priya continues...Ram, please yaar, let me handle this! What would people think about us, if my Father stays at your place? Ram gives a calm look at her...he is my Father too! The assurance, the belongingness in his eyes din't let Priya say a single word. Sudhir Sharma and Vikram Shergil, who were silent observer of the scenario, smile to each other! Their smile could clearly depict a story that both Ram & Priya were unaware of!

Soon they reach to Kapoor mansion...the nurse helps them to settle Sudhir down...Priya looks at the clock...it's almost 11.45 P.m. Ram hurriedly goes downstairs...to accompany his family to cut the birthday cake....Priya carefully sprints the mouth spray on Sudhir's mouth as instructed by the nurse...it took quite a few moment to fix Sudhir's back pillow and settle the other needed objects in a new bed...Finally, Sudhir closes his eyes to get a nap....Priya heaves a deep sigh...looks at the wall clock....striking at 12:10 a.m....it's over!

She searches for a hair clip in her jewelry box, it was a gift from her Mother to her...something very close to her...she smoothly runs her hand on it...and hastens to the down floor...what she sees there, brings her jaws dropped! Everyone waiting for her....the cake kept in the round table brings a broad smile on her face, she felt like it was her birthday! She goes near to KK and touches her feet....Maa, I am sorry! Because of me, you missed your birthday! Please forgive....before she could complete her sentence, Dadi joins in and takes both KK and Priya in her grip! Finally, KK cuts the cake (specially prepared by Neha)....Priya experienced a soothing pleasure...being assured how everyone considered her a part of the family and waited for her even when the day was over!

KK notices that all are smiling endlessly....Priya actually brought back life to this house...she spreads a positive vibe...somehow....while KK was observing Priya, she goes near...Maa, this one is for you...I mean Maa...I couldn't get anything new for you...it's an old gift to me from my mother...her voice shakes a little while saying this....KK acknowledges the precious gesture of love! From that very moment, Priya became a part of the Kapoor family, in true sense! The person who was her primary tie to this connection, was standing far behind...still, flashing a broad smile of content!

******************************************************************

The man takes the wrapped aloo paratha from the lady's hand....he tore a small piece of it and puts it on her mouth...she unwraps the packet of the biscuit....she swallows half part of it...   it was quite tasteless ...she offers the other part of the piece to the man....he chewed it remarking that piece of biscuit tasted really good!   

I belonged to you!

This is a slow paced story having not even a minor climax! I myself yawn quite a few times while penning it down, at some points, it may sound too blunt or it may even fail to grab interests of the mass! But this is how it is, thanks to each one of you who are still following this story even if it is way too simple! 

*********************************************************************************************

A toddler was playing around...who just stumbled after his tiny legs....the old man stood up...pressing his hand on the bench...due to the knee soreness....he somehow managed to walk...massing on the walk stick...he pulled the baby up....who just flashed his gummy jaw...and ran away! He came back to his bench...where his wife was waiting for him....it has become such a proclivity for them that they rejuvenate their journey of life together...don't know why....their memories too peep upon only when they linger upon each other....maybe the recollection of their fleck moments also wanted their counterpart!

Flashback:

Ram...flipping reverse....snoozed out....Priya kept turning around....sometimes, looking at the childlike smile on Ram's face....sometimes the wall she was straddling against...she was somehow happy or let's say content...at that moment, she had almost everything she would ask from life...her father...and a mother also....some people around who treat her more like a family than just a sister-in-law! Today's series of events kept reoccupying her mind...but above all, those words of Ram kept echoing on her ears.... "He is my father also"...she felt like, life got sorted within a day...altogether, it was too dreamy to believe in! After ages, she dozes into a carefree nap...

A while later, Ram rouses up...the thought that grasped his mind was if Sudhir is doing fine...he turns out of the bed to get a check on it! On his way, he finds Priya slumbering on the sofa...Ram checks on his nasal strip...it was on its place....then why is she sleeping on the sofa? He anticipates...maybe she doesn't find enough space to lie down on the bed once he lays down! Kneading on his drowsy eyes....he heads toward Sudhir's bedroom....near to Natasha's one...the nurse on duty was also getting a nap...sitting on the chair alongside the bed...so is Sudhir!

Suddenly, Priya wakes up....the first thing that comes to her mind: if her father was doing okay...she rushes out toward his room....on her way, she finds Natasha's door open...her hand was laying on floor....head pillow is misplaced just above her mouth...she smiles....as she found Natasha sleeping just like her brother...she adjusts her pillow below her head....and also places her hand on the bed....while she was leaving the room...she finds Ram coming out of Sudhir's room...both keep silent for a moment....then smile at each other...and make their way to the bedroom! Priya notices the nasal strip that Ram had put on his nose....Ram also observes that she was turning around the bed sofa....both wanted to say something to each other....but din't! Sometimes, it happens nah? That we want to ensure the comfort of the other one next to us....but just don't want to express it? But why? Life is too short....why we indulge in such unnecessary thoughts? Priya asks herself....

There was pin drop silence in the room....which was a bit agonizing too....Priya decides to get up....looks for the nasal strips Ram had brought...where could he keep those? Maybe in the side drawer....or in the cupboard? For her convenience, she finds those only in the table...near to the bed...she takes the packet....and throws it in the trash bin! Still, she wasn't satisfied...she looks back...toward the bed...finds Ram in deep sleep....she consciously takes out the strips he had put on....and throws them out too! She heaving a deep sigh of relief...soon drowses off...as Ram starts snoring away to glory!

Next Morning:

Ram extending his arms wide....makes yawn! What a peaceful sleep it was! Even those nasal strips couldn't distract his sleep...! He presses his nose...to take those out, but couldn't find them! oh maybe he misplaced that in sleep...that's why he could sleep so comfortably, he remarks! He wakes up...changes into a casual kurta...strolls around! He felt quite afresh....he looks at his white kurta....why not to try the new yellow T-Shirt that Neha had gifted him? He unpacks it...presses the trash bin to place the wrapper....for his surprise, he finds the packet of strips there...who could do this..Priya? He smiles...he looks out for Priya in the corridor...but stops in front of Sudhir's room...Seeing Ram, he attempts to get up...Ram goes near...Babaa...Ram stops in the middle....he was about to call him papa...but why did he called him like that he used to call his babuji? Why he felt a connection with this man? Some things just had got no answer!

Baba...you please keep resting! He sees a plate full of almonds...the nurse comes forward...Sir, I would peel it out...Ram takes the plate....starts peeling it out...Sudhir exclaims, beta, let it be nah! Ram calms him down....it okay baba! While peeling the shell out, he declares: it's too hard yaa! Sudhir comments: but the inner portion is quite soft, no? You too like nuts, Ram asks smilingly...yes I do! There are certain things...in life....beta....that would seem hard at first glance...but if you observe carefully, they too would always have a softer side! Ram gives an observing look at Sudhir....this man too talks like his Father! Ram keeps recalling Sudhir's lines....which reminds him of Priya...

Maa...he calls out....where is Priya....

KK: She has gone to Sharma house to bring some other necessary stuffs for Sudhirji.

Ram: oh! I would be leaving for office soon! Sharma house is on my way to office, should I check out if she needs any help? KK laughs...yeah, you should!

Sharma house:

Priya hurriedly packs some stuffs...uff...Priya...hurry up! You need to return Home! She thinks for a while, Home? This is her home na? then why she urges to go back to Kapoor mansion? Maybe because Papa is staying there, that's why...she concludes to herself! She strolls down the memory lane for a while...her dressing table...her cupboards....most importantly, her mini library! She takes out some of her clothes too....and decides to take a bath in her well-furnished bathroom! Mr. Kapoor's one is too messy, even if she arranges things for a couple of minutes, he messes it up within a second! She gets a quick shower and comes out in her bathrobe...massaging her wet hair! At that moment, Ram steps in, Priyaaa! She hesitates for a while, what this man is doing here...she blubbers out! Ram realizes that he had make an entry at the wrong time....now the Sherni may burst out! But he doesn't take a step back...he acts normal..Priya...do you need any help in packing the stuffs? Priya replies: I guess, no! She looks at the full sleeve upper coat kept in the bed...before she could grab it, Ram holds the piece of the clothes...puts it on her....making a direct eye contact! There was no hesitance, there was no confusion, there was no discomfort in his eyes....not at all...Priya notices....he din't even observe her while putting on the long vest....wasn't she looking appealing enough? She looks at the adjacent mirror....she was!

Wouldn't you like to take some books along...he inquires....observing the book rack kept in her room. There are certain things, that would always remain yours...no matter wherever you keep them...she gives a firm reply!

*****************************************************************

The couple laughs aloud....there are always two sides of the same coin...some perceive that you should grab your claim at the first place on the things which are yours whereas some feel that if it is yours, then there is no need to grab your rights on it....it would always remain yours only! The couple would choose the second option if given, they had no hurry to be each other's....since they belonged to each other...since always!  

Rightfully yours!

During their era, they could not recall watching any film based on the concept "love is friendship" like we all did while growing up...still, they felt and   believed that friendship should be the vital base to any relationship...be it a married couple or simply two souls who are not materialistically hooked to any connection...after all, friendship is such a bond which is free from any worldly strings...a tie unflattering by any kind of social pressure....the couple on their eighties, seemingly share a strong bond of friendship...their interconnection progressed being in the journey of camaraderie...as it says, the more you get to know a person, the better you start admiring the fellow!

*****************************************************************************************

Flashback: 

Priya kept tossing around the couch...the morning scene flashed upon her mind...the fact that it din't catch Ram's gape when she was in her bathrobe, wondered her! Somewhere it did hurt a little bit too! She continued to turn around in malaise...a moment later, a twinkle forms upon her face...along with her duvet & pillow, she headed toward the bed...cautiously, she makes a place in the fraction of remaining space of the double sized bed...she smiles looking at the composed face of Ram...who had been capturing the one third of the bed...sleeping in a kind of awkward position....throwing each of his legs throughout the bed...a texture of pride peeps upon her mind...she found a new bond of Trust sharing with the man sleeping next to her...and luckily, the man was her husband...!Before she could come on a term with her mixed set of emotions...she cozily goes inside the duvet and dozes off to a peaceful sleep...

Next morning...Ram arouses up finding Priya next to him...though he couldn't figure out that what could make her shift from couch to bed...a positive vibe hooks around...he couldn't help but smiled!

Later on the day, since everybody had a plan of their own for the weekend...Krishna Ji was insisting RaYa too to go out...she assured that she would supervise the nurse on duty for Sudhir Ji to make sure that everything runs smoothly...though Priya was reluctant in the beginning, she had to agree to Krishna Ji eventually....

A nearby beach, Mumbai:

Ram simply responding to the nature, let his feet moist...Priya remains calm....sitting in a nearby fence...indulged in a vain attempt to concentrate on her half-finished novel... whenever she visits such a place...a sense of emptiness grasps her mind...only the toddlers playing around with their respective parents catch her attention...maybe an incomplete childhood haunts her...? While coming in a term with her thoughts...she decides that someday she would visit the beach with Krishna Ji...her newly found love and respect for her was escalating with each passing day...

She observes that everything about the sea was so peaceful...be it the efflux of the beach...or the soothing climate....or the continual noise from the visitors...altogether, each & everything was complementing the relaxing atmosphere... suddenly, she notices Ram's tranquil move enjoying the wave...she notes the page on which she was in...folds the book and makes a walk toward the sea! She makes a place beside the spot where he was standing....looks upon the sea...it felt like that the salty wave had so much to shed upon its own story of grief...but somewhere it was also bearing the certitude that it had much more in its treasure to share.......and it had proudly chose to spread happiness over the misery...Priya too chose the moment to live...she took a deep breath...surrendering herself fully to the nature...she didn't realize exactly when Ram started to stare at her....but she no longer tried to keep her emotions within herself...she let go all her distress....Ram observes a dew drop forming up in his pair of eyes which doesn't fail to grab Priya's regard too....both kept gazing at the same direction of the sea for a while....letting the ceaseless wave tickling their toes....neither they shared a word...there was no need for words either!

A moment later, Priya returns to the fence...resumes from where she left the story...one of the lines comes to her notice: "The best friend you can have is the one you can sit on the porch with and don't say a word...and then get up and feel like that was the best conversation you have ever had". Those words made sense to her...maybe they opened up the door to a new layer of their relationship also....

Upon their return to home, Ram finds Natasha nowhere in the house....he kept waiting till late evening when Nutz came back...on her way to the room, she faces Ram...the questioning look on his face was quite clear to her...she steals an eye lock...and remained standing frightened...Priya, who was passing across, could sense the arising anxiety between the duo..She invites a sudden conversation...

Priya: Natasha, did you bring my clothes?

Natasha (confused): which one Bhabhi?

Priya (pretends): the one I asked you to collect?

Natasha (guessing the sign) oh yaa, that one? The tailor told its not been ready yet! 

Ram clearly understanding the silent conversation between Priya and Nutz, heaves a sigh...on his way to his room, he overhears how Priya forbidding Nutz not to be late next time...making her realize that even if she does, she should notify her family members...to which Natasha obediently nods..he makes a slight laugh of satisfaction....he felt like expressing his gratitude to Priya...but he couldn't find any proper word which could support his exact frame of mind...after all, "thank you" wouldn't be good enough for all those lady figures of the kin who silently contribute the most to keep the bond of a family strong without expecting anything in return! Right? 

A few days pass in moderate comfort...while knowing each other a bit closely...Sudhir ji also made an improvement by that time....a fine evening it was...everybody enjoying the light chit chat over the coffee...Priya who was reading quite an interesting tale...was thoroughly enjoying the jokes that Rishabh was throwing on her side...since they all were in a delighted mood, anybody could not notice when the night came down...slowly, Priya started losing interest from the book...unknowingly, she kept waiting for Ram since it was already past the time Ram usually comes back from office...she excused herself from the dinner table stating that she was not really hungry...though the reality was different! Actually, she wanted a quiet time for herself...so that she could attempt to balance out her own thoughts..Was she waiting for Ram? But why? He din't even feel the necessity to inform her that he would get late, and she was skipping her dinner for him? It was hurting her extensively pointing out that he doesn't consider her a part of HIS life even after so many days of their marriage...she decides to confront him soon after his return!

It was past 11 o'clock...everybody was asleep when Ram came back...he was making his way to the restroom....he kind of slipped on his way...which wakes Priya up...seeing Ram, she was about to question him...but going near to him, she realized that for some reasons or the other, he was not keeping well! While looking upon him, she noticed his reddish eyes...he blinked barely...with a nod that he was doing okay...Priya clutched his wrist to balance the footing...he mummers: I am doing fine...may be my blood pressure did fluctuate a bit...I will be fine once I get a shower...no worries! Priya couldn't figure out which actually could raise the BP of such a composed person like Ram...before she could conclude to anything, he stumbled upon his knees... awakened by this, shesomehow manages to hold him in the circle of her arms...he dragged himself inside the bathroom...even before he could lock the door...he makes his way to the basin...first, Priya thought to stand outside the washroom....hearing a distinct sound of throwing up, she rushes inside...finds Ram in front of the wash basin rinsing water on his face....Priya rubbed his back smoothly...he somehow felt a bit lighter after throwing it off! 

Few moments later, Priya gets the hand pump so that she could wash off his scalp...a moment later, while massaging his wet hair...she slides in the damp floor...Ram grabs her elbow quickly....by the sudden take, both slide against the wall behind them...Priya leans against the wall behind her taken aback by their proximity...her back stirs the shower knob and the water wave starts splashing upon them....in an attempt to take her out from below the shower, he ends up getting even more close to her....finally....he releases his head on her shoulder...ends up finding peace!

*****************************************************************************************

As people say, we can share our happiness with all the people around....but we can share our sorrows only with a few chosen ones! Sometimes, whatever the people say, it feels so true...no? Ram and Priya also felt the same that night...the couple still admire how that night revealed a fragment of their past...and how that reinforced their present and also the future...! 

Always the same!!

Few moments pass in absolute solace...though Priya was startled by this sudden course of action....for some unknown impetus, she goes closer....tendering upon his nasal bit...feeling his warm breath...once she read that people shut eyes only during the most trustful events...while seeking for a prayer or shaping out the form of a dream...but she found her eyes shut in neat desire...or solid devotion it could be! Most amazingly, even with the closed eyes she could feel that the person opposite to her had his eyes shut in absolute sanctity! Probably for the first time, she didn't try to reasoning it out! After all, magic shall never be explained!!

A moment later, both squishing their wet hair...view the dressing mirror...a slender frame of a lady was peeping behind a comparatively plump sight of a gentleman...they both smile viewing at the sight...

Ram: ....i am sorry...! you had to get wet all because of me!

Priya: its fine, had you have dinner? You feel like having something?

Ram: not really, moreover, everyone must have had dinner, and I don't feel like eating alone!

Priya: (twisting her fingers) ...actually, I also had skipped dinner...since I was engrossed into a novel...

Ram: oh!

Again silence prevails in...

Priya: I would like to have a glass of warm milk, why don't u have a sip of juice?

They concentrate on gulping down the liquids on their respective containers...both had an uncanny knack to kick off a conversation...but they just did not! Soon they made their place on each side of the bed...Priya pondering into a deep thought...what could make Ram react this way? Unknown to the fact that Ram is also engaged in a totally emotional ride...his mind goes back to today's business event...how the lady named Isha bumped into him...someone who claimed to love him immensely during his college days....later on, who just left him as she did not want to accept a man with the moral responsibility of his entire family...came back to haunt him tonight...if it was known that Isha was somehow related to the association, he would simply deny the deal going on with that company...but yeah..it should actually be okay that he had the chance to confront her..as it says, sooner or later...every question finds its answer...his mind went back to the heated conversation they had...how Isha mocked at him...or more clearly at his appearance...

Isha: so Ram, you still couldn't love yourself? Still that chunky?

Ram (smirks): my enthusiasm and my family's love for me never stop growing Isha!

Isha: what about your spouse? Didn't join you for the party?

Ram: I know to separate my professional duties from my personal priorities...hopefully you would also learn that someday! He was about to turn back and leave while Isha continues bickering...in some point Isha made a comment that how Ram was subjected to an arranged marriage and could never find his love interest....which left Ram furious...he almost instinctively replied that how he found his soulmate in his wife...Isha scorned back: has your soulmate found its counterpart? Did you ever try to know? She ridiculed...! I have my answers Isha...he spilled out in an innate pride!

What wondering him more was why did he confess that he found his soulmate in Priya? But felt so right pouring it out...was she right? He never really tried to know what's in Priya's mind...but why and how could he...before today...he never really imagined that such a statement would come out from him...so spontaneously...

He turned back to face Priya...she also turned around sensing him....in a longing to hear something from him....he battling with his own apprehension, finally looks directly into her eyes...Priya...I had something to share with you...Priya looked intently to know what's going on his mind....Priya, do u remember the first night of our marriage....you asked me if I had ever been in love? She felt disquiet hearing after this line...what was he up to? Priya...I was in a relationship..with somebody...years back...Priya swigging in silence...Ram continues: i did not reveal this to you earlier because it was no longer important to me...Priya retorted: so why are you digging into it now? Does it matter to you at this moment? Ram replied firmly...NO..it doesn't...it never will....it just that what I learnt today is sometimes some insignificant past of yours makes you realize something so significant...which may change your life forever....Priya inquires in uncertainty: and that is? He gives a prompt reply: that "the FIRST love is not always in order"! There was a comforting solace in the room thereafter...which rocked them into a soothing sleep!

Next morning:

The sun ray creeped upon...with the aspiration of a new morning...Ram blinks his eyes...doesn't find Priya on bed...it was only 6.30 a.m in the morning...where could she go? He finds her nowhere in the restroom or kitchen area...suddenly a thought peeped upon his mind...did she misunderstand him?

On the other hand, Priya made her way to KK's room...who was already up doing her morning prayer...Priya greeted her...Krishna Kapoor welcomes her with gentle smile...is everything alright baby? Yes, Maa....she puts a little smile on her face..why are you up so early in the morning...? Just for nothing Maa...I just got up suddenly...so thought to come here...she goes near to KK...who comes closer to her...suddenly...she keeps her head on her lap..she caresses her hair with genuine affection initiating a conversation of warmth...Priya shares some of her treasured memories with her mother to KK...she recollects that hazy impression of her Mother's protecting hand gripping her finger into her palm...while she was playing with sand near the sea beach...KK commemorates how her beloved husband once offered her his own shawl to wrap around her so that she doesn't feel cold...when they made a walk near the seashore...both the events bring a peaceful smile on their faces...Priya wakes up from her lap abruptly...Maa...you know....once me and Ram had visited the nearby beach...and what I felt is like having you beside me...KK laughs out to glory...

Half an hour later:


A middle aged women walks around the seaside, with the support of a young lady...one providing the tenderness while the latter offering hearted assistance..you know Priya...your father-in-law and me used to walk besides the seashore most often...each ocean has so much love, warmth, care, affection in its store...that whenever you come to it...you would never feel out of love...the term 'Love' catches her attention...Maa....i don't understand...what is this love all about? KK laughs in amusement...she pats on Priya's back...mad girl you are! Everything around you is love Priya!! we came here...because we love the efflux...I wake up early in the morning since I love the fresh air! Priya gets a bit restless...no..Maa...all I meant to say is these all are so objective...is it ever possible to start loving a person who you had never known earlier, with whom you don't really share a bond since your birth? KK understanding the underlying meaning...looks at her with rightful regards, Priya...few bonding are such which are above any sort of biological tie...such is yours and mine! Such was in between me and your father-in-law...Priya asked with pure innocence: when did you exactly feel that you love Babuji? KK smiles flashing out her upper jaw...I don't really remember Priya! It never really had any accurate timing...after all, love is a journey, not a destination! Priya seemed even more confuse...how did it really feel like Maa!!! Priya, whenever you feel that the person next to you is allowing you to grow without any dominance even though having the rights to do so, that is love! And whenever you start loving what he loves, that is also love!! Her each line keeps resonating in the air...Priya recalls the first night of their marriage....how Ram said to her that to love your inner self is the first step to love somebody else...she looks at KK near to her...the vital tie of this Mother-in-law & Daughter-in-Law connection was Ram only! KK reading the expression on her face, clearly understands that she is fighting a battle with her own mind and soul...observing her, KK speaks out firmly: you know Priya, in the matter of emotion, people always emphasize on heart...but always remember that you don't really need to prioritize anything...if your mind is positive, soul shall always follow!

******************************************************************************************

The grey-haired lady looks intensely at her confidant...amazing it's a feeling na when you do not realize how time flies having a person beside you?....together they lived a lifetime...she goes near and asks her soulmate dearly....we were so old school type na? The elderly man makes his grip tighter and brings the lady closer to his shoulder...old? Love is love...it remained the same over the decades....it never changed or ever will...it's still that intense, warm, genuine emotion....and shall remain so....the approach of expression may get different...but the fervor never reforms! 

And the forever begins!

Ram strolls around the house....peeps in Sudhir's room in an anticipation...for his surprise, finds Priya nowhere around...Sudhir stirs up...Ram? What's the matter? Couldn't you sleep well? His concern made Ram flashing a genuine smile....i slept really well Baba! No worries! Sudhir observes Ram's unusual expression...little later, he sends his attendant out to bring his hot water bag! Ram settles the back pillow so that Sudhir can recumbent comfortably...in a course to offer easement, Ram finds his palm in Sudhir's grip...Sudhir escalating the grab, looks affectionately at Ram...so? What made you up so early? Baba....oooh...actually, I could not find Priya beside me! Sudhir laughs out loud...Ram joins in stating: Just imagine Baba...if Priya hears our conversation...she would kill me! Sudhir laughs even harder!

S: So you are well aware of her Sherni avatar!

R: I better be! Once I inquired her whereabouts and she turned into an angry bird!

S: (noting the point): and what did you say in return?

R: I replied that some things only the time could answer!

S: absolutely! Different personalities have different approach to express, some do not even express, and that does not mean that they do not feel enough!

R: but how can the other one be aware of what do you feel about them?

S: Trust your instinct! Keep faith in your faith! After all, all sort of emotions are a two-way communication! As it says, what you reap is what you sow! If your emotions are intense yet consecrate, it shall always resonate, eventually!

Ram listens with full pledge....you know Ram, Priya's mother always used to pinch me in public, and appreciated me in person! Ram frowns a little...his mind visits back the incidents where Priya did the same! You know Ram, whenever I used to be with her, I were a different person altogether... each moment I lived with her, a different shade of my personality I discovered! It provoked a deep though into Ram's mind...Priya was so loving, caring, compassionate....he could see that in her....whenever he saw her with other people...be it his family or her father....she was graciously gentle! But when she was with him, whenever she looked into his eyes, he found there was a little bit of gripe...an urge...but for what? Was Priya different with him, only him? But why? Sudhir breaks his layer of introspection....you know Ram, I hardly saw your mother-in-law crying...not even when she was battling with her life....nor does Priya, she didn't grieve even for a moment though she was just a little child! Ram heaves a deep sigh....he has a hard nut to crack! Though the conversation formed some more questions, it healed his mind even to a greater extent! After all, few things have its answers within the queries itself!

The carer enters the room with a heating gel, Ram gets up...ooooh...baba....i forgot to tell you, I have got an urgent meeting in Pune....i need to start my journey by now....would you please inform Maa & Priya...once they are back? She left her phone back home...I couldn't find Maa as well in her room, I may return late night...Sudhir laughs mysteriously....Yes, Ram. I will pass your message to them...

***********************************************************************************

The aged lady gazes at her husband....he never did say those "three magical words" to her....nor did she...not only because it was not needed in their equation....actually, none of them endeavor to say or hear...as it was imminent...after all, stating a feeling is different....and sticking to it at your own consent is a whole different thing....but in their case? "Sticking" would be a wrong state even...they remained together...they intermixed together....by not allowing the other part to unite such a way that it would lose its uniqueness....though their congruence is incomparable even after epochs...what made them achieve that? Their love for each other? No! Only love is never enough....just because they wanted to stay together? No! Desire to survive is not good enough to survive...you need to make efforts to contribute toward a relationship's existence...they did Let Go whenever needed....let go their ego...anger...their complexities....they let their individuality grow...even knowing that both their eccentricity are poles apart...they never tried to form a "complete" view under-joining their scattered individual thoughts....essentially, you cannot expect to filch the fine parts of two different individual souls...to keep a relationship pleasant in the name of marriage....so what about the inferiority? Shall we "accept" it as it is to make a relationship sustain? Maybe No! Doesn't "accept" sound as if we are making a favour? They never did any favour to each other....they recognized the value of the imperfections....they allowed their flaws to exist in its own way....otherwise, their virtue would cease to breathe....without those flaws how would they cherish their excellence?... why do we always expect a "right one" or "good one"....can't we just opt to someone or something without joining any scale to it? Yes, we absolutely can...as they did! Without a disaster, how would we acknowledge the tranquility?

*************************************************************************************

Yes, a disaster of emotions it was for Priya....and Ram too...that day....Ram left the house in hurry....as soon as KK and Priya returns, Sudhir passed the message to KK, and both deliberately did not pass the message to Priya....she felt lonely....rejected in a crowd....Ram couldn't even tell her that he would leave early? Was she expecting too much from Ram? Her mind trails back the day soon after their marriage....when she also left for her Father's place...without informing Ram! What she could conclude is that to expect, you need to incorporate as well, expecting without resonating is actually too much! But was Ram taking a revenge? She laughed at her own thoughts...that is just not possible! That is so unlikely of him...but is she claiming that she knows Ram well? A lifetime seems too short to know a person well....then how can she even think that she knows her spouse within such a short span of time? She pacifies her mind; she has a life ahead to know the person beside her....her mind counters: is it sufficient only to know? Does the time limit really matters to "know" a person? Then why people remain unknown to each other even after a lifetime? Why their opinions remain unfamiliar to each other even after an epoch? Her subconscious mind replies to her hesitation: she understands Ram! She feels lighter finding the appropriate determiner....her happiness doubles as soon as she sees Ram's car in the doorway from the window....she hastily makes her way to the downstairs...for her utter shock, she found Ram limping with a crepe bandage on his right ankle! In the commotion of the entire Kapoor clan, all she could figure out is that he banged his car with a trunk (he did not reveal that he knocked the car down while balancing out his thoughts). Priya swallowed the lump in her throat...suppressing her filled eyes!

After an hour or so, Priya goes upstairs...to check on Ram...she did the same even 20 minutes back...Ram was sound asleep then...now, he has just got up from sleep.... He took a moment to recall the happenings...Vikram & Neha were complaining....that he should pay heed while driving...even Bansi Kaka (their house help) was grieving for his accident....only Priya remained quiet! All he could recall is Rishabh and Natasha brought him upstairs...here...in his room....while Priya was standing at the corner of the door ...staring at three of the Kapoor siblings...with a blank look!

He stirs from the bed...in an attempt to get up....Priya frowns from the door corner, he struggles to make a stable move....Priya also walks toward him....Ram took 2/3 baby steps....Priya stands in front him....looks at him straight...he glares at her with a dear glace ....noticing the hurting lump on her throat line...he attempts to go near her...she also comes closer ...she ruffles his hair...then goes a bit closer....they both could hear each of them breathing heavily...a tiny drop of tear flows down the corner of her eyes...Ram heaves slightly... she enter joins her nose with his one....they remained there for a while...living that moment!

***********************************************************************************

That day, they made love...they did not get intimate...even a bit...still...they made love...a psychic consummation it was! A psychological accomplishment where you attain solace battling your own thoughts out...registering that it is divine to have a soulmate...who you don't share a genetic tie with...who does not necessarily get compatible with your inclination, someone...who you would not get jealous with if they share the love of your family for you...or the attention that your closest friend offers you...someone who you would allow to enjoy their achievements alone with their inner self...and someone....whose grief you would share equally....a psychic consummation empowered them to realize that it is going to be OKAY to share your entire life with someone...your space...your thoughts...all your prized possessions. And that day gave them the ability to let go each other's flaws...look beyond their own insecurities to accommodate a whole new person in their respective lives as a better half!

On that day, their unconscious...subconscious...and conscious minds...supported all their emotions at its peak level...! Though all those conversations they had with Sudhir Sharma & Krishna Kapoor in that morning, came back in force in their thoughts, they could not instantly realize if they loved each other....if they could ever love each other... after all, no one can figure out the journey you are in for you....specially, if it is a journey for a lifetime....you need to create your own way...you need to define your emotions with your own words as love has never got a definition nor it ever will!

All they could feel is that their minds were thinking in the same direction....echoing the same thoughts... reasoning out that they would walk the journey together....to understand...to feel....to discover...what is it exactly called...Friendship...? Fascination? Empathy? Attraction? Trust? Respect? Bonding? Achievement? Peace? Or only a Marriage? And today, a few decades later, when they look back, all they can figure out is love! Maybe it was a combination of all those attributes? Yes, love is the combination of all possible qualifiers together...a divine state of accomplishment that enables to you to give back...to let go...and to create! Together, they created three more beautiful souls...Peehu...Pari...Myra...their daughters...their soulmates! And today, on their 40th marriage anniversary, an entire new journey awaits them....the journey of life...the journey of fulfillment...the journey to achieve the ultimate destination...

The old man gets up....feels a little irate not finding his walking stick...maybe he left that on the place where the toddler stumbled? He waddles a little far....the old lady offers her hand to him....will you walk beside me? He smiles with satisfaction....after all, love is not only about accomplishing a goal to create and extend...its all about walking the journey together even when you have no materialistic goal to achieve....to stay together even after reaching your journey! 

© 2019 RaYaForever


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
Added on March 14, 2019
Last Updated on March 14, 2019
Tags: RaYa, BALH, RamPriya, BadeAccheLagteHain, FanFiction