The doctor's  Assessment of Barerin

The doctor's Assessment of Barerin

A Story by Luna Lucretia Lawson
"

This is the Assessment of Barerin, in the point of view of the doctor, this is his evaluation and a bit like a journal about meeting Barerin the first few times. This is for the Guardians book.

"
Subject Name: Barerin
Subject age:19
Info: I first met the subject for my first of many routine evaluations, Before i assess him properly i wanted to assess how interacts with others. First i watched him in the market, he seemed to try and avoid crowds and not interact with people. He focused on staying to the sidelines and in the shadows. He then proceeded to sit alone on a bench in the courtyard, this wouldn't have been of import, but when he started talking to himself and fidgeting all i could hear was  "They are out there, they are out to get me, they think they are better than me" From this and the social withdrawal, it is quite possible the boy has a mental disorder, schizophrenia is the safest bet. But i can't be sure of it yet, his father did happen to mention the boy lacks motivation in activities and prefers his own company, he also said that he oversleeps and barely concentrates on tasks, the boy's father thought nothing of it as teenage boys are often lazy but this also points to schizophrenia. 
The statement earlier "They out there, they are out to get me, they think they are better than me" i think may be possible Delusions of persecution, he may think that people are trying to hurt him to hinder him, it is possible that this is due to immense pressure of being the son of the king. Also the last part of the statement" They think they are better than me" it is possible he has narcissistic tendencies, probably because he is the king's son, so he believes he is of high importance and that he can do no wrong. From the blank emotionless facial expression, i gather he shows less or has no emotional responses, just a blank face with those cold eyes. Quite frightening to behold and frankly,  those eyes that a bare a flat and expressionless gaze are unsettling. 
Tomorrow i shall be doing a quick introduction to Barerin and i will start to assess him more personally.Today Barerin entered my office, still with Inexpressive face. He sat far away from me and avoided eye contact with me, i asked how he was feeling and his response was "I will tell you nothing, you and they just want to get inside my head, but none of you have the power that i have, you lack the skill to even comprehend my greatness" I was shocked at his outburst to say the least, but he said it in flat voice, completely monotone and calm.  My previous  assessment was correct he truly believes that people are out to get him and he believes he has powers, i know for sure he is no mage so he doesn't possess any magic. So he has Delusions of grandeur believing he has a power no one else has.
I asked him "What do you think of the city of Argon?" i was trying to get him to speak about his surroundings and what he thought about them, so he could start to feel comfortable around me he replied with " I care not for the city or the vermin that plague it, they swarm the city selling their wares, pathetic" i wasn't expecting such a rude comment calling the city folk vermin. This shows me two things one a lack of interest and not caring about anything and two a lack of interest in the outside world, he doesn't care about the environment, he doesn't care about the people and this is probably why he withdrew socially, he feels nothing for anyone.He has a complete lack of empathy. 
I then asked "What is your relationship with your father like?" this got a reaction from him, one i didn't expect, his body became tense and he clenched his fists and rage filled him he yelled "Don't speak about my father" and he lashed out, he got defensive and must have anger problems not only that he might have relationship problems because he isolates himself, this may lead to  Paranoia and may become suspicious of friends and family. He seemed to have calmed down after a few minutes, it's surprising how quickly he became hostile and at such a simple question. I inquired "What do you like?" he replied with a sadistic smirk "I like blood, i like to watch people get beat up and watching them scream in pain, it excites me. I like humiliating the weak and pathetic, such as yourself, i am a god among mortals, i am better than all of you. I have goals, i wanted nothing more than my fathers approval for him to notice me and finally  now he is, just because he worries about me and the only reason he cares now is because i am his heir and future leader of the kingdom. There is nothing wrong with me, i am the greatest son he could ever have. They think they can get me they are wrong, i will accomplish my goal, to become the best king ever and have everyone kiss the ground before me and i will prove to my father that don't need him, i might of needed him when i was younger but now i am my own man"
"You are sick young man and you need help, i am going to inform your father of my evaluation"
"Don't you dare try to poison my father's mind with your filth, you disgust me"
"Lad you need to calm down"
"No i will not let you ruin my plans" This was my final assessment, i got all i needed from this boy, i thought this would a quick little meeting, turns out i don't need to ask anymore questions, he was getting angry i could tell his demeanor , the whole conversation was off. He became sadistic and violent, and i became incredibly alarmed but also fascinated,by him i had to subdue him with a sleep drug, luckily  i always carry a few syringes with me when i am with a subject, just as a precaution you can never be to careful these days. I want to run some more extreme tests on him, but i will have to convince his father to let me have him, i doubt it will be easy but life never is. I will just explain that i can 'help' him get better. He will a most interesting subject for my experiments. 
My Final analysis
Subject exhibits the following:
Schizophrenia
Extreme narcissism
Sadistic tendencies
Extreme Temper issues
Psychopathic tendencies

© 2014 Luna Lucretia Lawson


Author's Note

Luna Lucretia Lawson
There might be a few mistakes, sorry

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 5, 2014

Author

Luna Lucretia Lawson
Luna Lucretia Lawson

littlehampton, United Kingdom



About
Hey my name is Luna, i am 19 and i like writing, drawing and painting and reading, i like manga and anime also i love video games. I love doing research on mythology, languages superpowers. My favori.. more..

Writing