Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Satan's Daughter

As I had anticipated, the door only swung open part way, despite the number of people rushing in. I took a moment to be glad of this fact because, had it opened completely, I would have been trapped or squished behind it, and neither sounded too appealing. Thank God for small favors.
There was an angry shout from the guards as they realized the cage was unoccupied. I heard a guard near me grab a walkie-talkie off of his belt and press the button. He spoke into it rapidly, telling the person on the other end that “the mutt” had escaped and that they should lock the whole place down. I felt my hackles rise not only at the derogatory name, but also at the fact that my escape attempt may very well have been thwarted. 
Another shout arose, and the guards began to file out of the room, their boots slapping on the tile floor. Holding my breath as they filed out the door mere inches in front of me, I waited until I couldn't hear their running steps before I breathed a sigh of relief. Slipping out of my hiding place, I was about to sprint out of the still open door when I realized I wasn't alone in the room. I cursed myself for not smelling him, even though the scent of antiseptic and floor cleaner had overpowered most other smells. 
He leaned against the wall next to my cage, beefy arms crossed over his broad chest. He was tall, maybe six foot, with spiky brown hair and hard grey eyes. His features were hard, with a strong jaw and straight nose. He wore a black shirt that hugged his torso and shoulders, and camo cargo pants. I had no doubt in my mind that he was a guard of some kind. He had an air of cockiness around him that suggested he was used to getting what he wanted. The question running through my head and on the tip of my tongue was what he wanted now. 
Before I could ask, however, he spoke. He pushed off the wall and uncrossed his arms. I watched his arm muscled flex, thinking about how easy it would be to strangle me with them. Giving me a once over that had me wanting to take a shower, he said, “So this is the pup that’s causing so much trouble around here? Funny, I was expecting more.” He sneered, his deep voice full of patronism.   
I felt a growl forcing it's way up my throat, but I swallowed it. I couldn't let this guy deter me from my escape plans. I needed to dispose of him quickly, then get the hell out of here. But killing him would give these people- whoever the hell they are- more incentive to come after me, so i decided against it, much to my disappointment. I didn't want to leave behind any loose ends. 
"More?" I asked, keeping my voice calm, and only letting a hint of mocking slip through. "I could show you my claws. I've been told they're killer." I glared, the thinly veiled threat not lost on him. But instead of shrinking back in fear like everyone else, his smirk grew.
"Feisty. I like that in a woman. But be careful Red, you aren't the only one around here with claws." To prove his point, his eyes flashed black, so fast I almost missed it. But then his scent hit me. The smell of musky pine and crushed leaves assaulted my nose, a combination I haven't smelled in years. 
He's a werewolf.
Before I could recover from the shock of meeting another of my kind, he stalked towards me. Normally, i would have been on full alert, my body tense and ready for a fight, but something about his gaze had me rooted to the spot. His grey eyes captured my attention and, if I looked close enough, I could see his wolf lurking just behind them, strong and silent. 
He stopped when he stood to my left, so close that his muscular arm brushed mine, a tingle of energy passing between us. His scent once again invading my nose. Unconsciously, I took a deep breath, pulling it deep into my lungs, where it settled. Even though he was a bad guy and he had threatened me, there was something intoxicating about being close to another were after so long alone. I frowned.
He must have noticed my dilemma, because his smirk widened into a grin. He leaned down, his cool breath fanning out across my neck and cheek as he spoke, making me shiver. I tried to tell myself that it was because he was an enemy, but the lie sounded hollow, even to me. "See you around, Red."
Then he walked out the door, making no move to close it behind him. 


© 2013 Satan's Daughter


Author's Note

Satan's Daughter
So I need a bad ass name for this guy. Suggestions? I was thinking Kane. More information about "Red", who's name is Shay, in case you were wondering, will be leaked throughout the story. Thank you for reading and please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow its getting good. Just wondering about the eyes. It sounds like there is a connection to the divided a little.... But it sounds good. I'm wouldn't change it. Great Chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to write more!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aren?
Sampson?
Wonderful write, girly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


LOVE IT!!!! WRITE FASTER DAMN IT!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Satan's Daughter

11 Years Ago

CALM YO TITS WOMAN!!!!
Harley Rose

11 Years Ago

NEVER!
Darkening Shadow

11 Years Ago

Now you see how it feels.. ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

Satan's Daughter
Satan's Daughter

Tarturus



About
“I don't damsel well. Distress, I can do. Damseling? Not so much.” -Maximum Ride "There's no monster in the closet, no shadow under your bed. Just the normal whispers, sending darkness.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..