Chapter 4: Trace Amount

Chapter 4: Trace Amount

A Chapter by Rachel

 

      I was back on the Am-trak again, the landscape out of the windows dark with night. I had spent all day flitting from one site to another, trying to find some trace of my man, when I thought of my sophomore world history class.

      We were talking about Russia at the time, and the downfall of the Czars. More importantly, we were talking about Gregori Rasputin. He was known as a demonic monk, a dark mystic, and, oddly, a lady’s man. He had dark, possibly black hair, and black piercing eyes that seemed irresistible. Eyes that matched the description of Dracula’s own. So I was on my way to the city of Tyumen, the birth place of Gregori Rasputin, and a good hiding place for a dark figure such as the one I sought. It was in the deep regions of northern Russia.

       So that’s where I was going. In recent years, I’d heard that there was a sect of people who respected Rasputin, and thought he was wrongly accused. If I would find any information as to his next whereabouts, it would be with them.

       I curled up on the seat, not to sleep, but because my mind was simmering with all kinds of memories. Ideas of what may come and what was.



© 2008 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the fact that you are keeping me on the edge of my seat and I just want to keep reading. Congrats you have engrossed me...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2008
Last Updated on December 13, 2008


Author

Rachel
Rachel

Ratcliff, AR



About
Well, I'm ever so slightly insane, to start with. In my opinion, insanity is a necessity for any artist, be they writer, singer, player, or doodle-bug. I love to write, though I often get stuck, and l.. more..

Writing