Xanthippe

Xanthippe

A Poem by PianoandPage
"

this won me an award. yay! contest "alphabet soup" where each word started with the next letter of the alpabet.

"

amber bangs curl,

demurely evocative

follicles gracing honed

innocence.

 

just killing

lecherous me.

nervous,

obviously petulant,

quietly restrained,

seduced, tortured, unvieled,

venom warped.

 

xanthippe, you zendik!

© 2008 PianoandPage


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really dug this piece. Congrats on the win!

Posted 16 Years Ago


rather well done, my friend! great imagery!
Sandra♥

Posted 16 Years Ago


OK well I had to look up Xanthippe and Zendik and now it makes sense! Oh poor Socrates, well that'll teach him huh apparently he said "Marry or marry not, in any case you'll regret it" in contemplation of his wife.

Nice images here, I could see the demure innocent looking beauty in the first stanza and I had the second stanza down as the poor tortured soul in love but unable to speak of it, then I looked up Xanthippe and realised it was the brow beaten Socrates. And each word written using the next letter of the alphabet. Very well done indeed, tis a good poem in its own right but even better for being written within the constraints of the form!

I think you rose well to this challenge. Good luck in the contest

Posted 16 Years Ago


That was a scream, Brian. You had me rolling on the floor. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny, but that last line just shot straight to the heart. Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yay, I like it. I cannot imagine sitting down and doing this. Kudos to you for attempting and accomplishing it. It's a good poem, even without the challenge part. There is a story and.... *drumroll* .... there is punctuation. Woot! You make a momma bear proud. xoxo.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2008
Last Updated on July 11, 2008

Author

PianoandPage
PianoandPage

san jose, CA



About
My name is Amy and I am a 35 year old creative poet, writer, pianist, and lover of life and nature. I tend to write about my passions both good and bad. I love to challenge myself and improve my style.. more..

Writing
AUTOPSY AUTOPSY

A Poem by PianoandPage



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..