Falling in love with best friend.

Falling in love with best friend.

A Story by Amada
"

Love: What is like to fall in love with best friend?

"

We were sitting at a Coffee Shop . She and I had been best friends since we were in fifth grade. We two never felt the need of anyone else. We always had our secret talks and silly jokes.

But that day was special . That day was the start.

She : Hey Rahul, why don’t we try dating each other? We are so comfortable with each other .. and we know how to cheer each other up.

Me : Umm… But I don’t want to wreck our friendship. It really means a lot to me. And wouldn't it be awkward too ?

She : Haha , yeah to me too, but we can still give it a try.

Me : Hey look I always come to you when I have fights with others but if I break up with you, to whom would I go?

She : Er… but we both wouldn't be like any other couple, we know what hurts each other, so we can try it, right?

Me : All right, just one date, okay?

She : Alright Dumbo !! Finally !!


First time in my life was I concerned on how I look. I wore my roadster black shirt paired with denims. Thought of wearing aviators too , but it would just make her laugh , so went like this only.

When I reached, she was already there and that was the first reminder, that we are on a date. On usual days , I reach first . I entered and went straight to the spot.

I was numb at this moment. Took a pause for like 15 seconds before muttering these words.

Me : I don’t know the exact day I felt for you, but maybe each day I was falling for you a little bit. Each day I looked in your eyes I fell a little more in their depth, each time you shoved an arm in me playfully, I felt deep for you. It took time for me but well here we are.

She : Wow Romeo !! So how deep are you in love with me?

She chuckled while asking this question.

Me : You are enjoying this every bit, aren’t you? Remember who planned this date ?

She : Yeah Me !! And it turned out to be awesome.

Me : I'm all out of words now. I spoke my heart out.

She : So how about we discuss, how you feel about me?

Me : Ohh come on.

She : What ?

Me : Do you really think I am that big a fool? Have you ever dressed so elegantly for any other date? And I know how much you hate such dresses and make up. And pumps? Come on, you wanted me to fall in love with you, didn't you ?

Everything stopped in that moment. I just sat there blank . But then , she held my hand in conformation.

She stood up on seeing me and then I looked at her. Those hair curls, that beautiful dress literally everything was just perfect. She was perfect. We greeted formally and she was blushing a lot.

And I could feel the nervousness in the air, maybe a reflection of what I am feeling ?

We ordered our cappuccinos and two grilled sandwiches . Sat quiet, and I was looking here and there sometimes intently looking at her. Whenever our eyes met there was a moment of smile and various feelings rushing at the same time. How come had I never ever felt this before ? Something was truly different today. Finally , I broke the silence.

Me : You're looking very pretty, how come I haven’t seen you like this before ?

She : Oh umm.. actually It’s a new dress, and tada (pointing to her face ) I'm wearing makeup !!

Me : Yep !! You look like a … err girl ?

She : (eyeroll ) Yeah right, would you stop teasing me? I know I look weird, I shouldn’t have tried this.

And then I don't know what happened, but I just wrapped my hands around hers and looked straight in her eyes.

Me : You look lovely . I feel like a moron to not have seen your beauty before, I have always loved you as a best friend, but lately I felt much more than friendship.

She : I'm out of words right now , Rahul!!

Me : I know this would be a huge step , but I am ready to take it …. with you !!

She just went silent . I was getting goosebumps. I just had confessed everything , every single word just came out one after another. She broke the silence with the three most beautiful words I heard that day.

She : You love me?

Me : Yeah it seems so !!

I keep thinking about you. Whenever I am with a girl, I compare her with you and you win . When I am with friends, I miss you.

I don’t know how I started feeling this . I tried avoiding our study meets at your place, also our lunch. But I just can't behave normal anymore .

I wanted to hold you, play with your hair, be the reason for your laughs, and I felt jealous when someone else tries on you. I didn’t want to spoil our friendship but this new feeling is out of my hands and I can’t handle it anymore. There I said it.


At the very same moment , our order number flashed on the screen and I stood up smiling. I left the grip and went to get the order, so as to give her few moments of peace to process what happened a few moments back.

When I came back and sat down , she whispered.

She : How long have you been feeling this for me?

Me : Idk since the erm… start ?

She : Well !! Guess I'm all yours then !!

And she punched my left arm hinting we still would be best friends apart from being lovers, and we laughed. She got up and hugged me tightly.


To have a best friend and a lover is great, but to have those both in a single person is just amazing.


:-)

She above ? My Brain's creation :P . 

Because real life me esa kuch ni hota (There's nothing like this in real life) 

Just wanted to pen this down so !!

So where are you ? She XD ?

© 2019 Amada


Author's Note

Amada
Your little appreciation and honest feedback make me write even more. A person who feels appreciated will always do more than expected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sachi this is just a brain creation . That's amazing. But I believe in this , I think may , it happens sometimes naa. If we will think it logically then you are right but if we will think without any logic then I am right. Keep writing ((smiles )) 😊😊😊😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

I hope so 😂😂😂



Reviews

Bhai thoda grammatical mistakes hai vo shi kr lena...🙄

Posted 2 Years Ago


Interesting psychological study here. The author notes it is fiction, and I suspected so. Unfortunately, love affairs, because of their innate hopes and expectations, usually douse good friendships. Come to think of it, they can douse marriages, too.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I wish that someday you find such a person in your life and after years when you read this you feel happy and amazed at your life as to how a fragment of your imagination became a reality.
I loved this story a lot. Very heart touching and pure.
Keep up the good work.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Bs apk bdo ka aashirvaad chaie 😂
Najam Us Saher

5 Years Ago

Hahaha.... :D
First, please know I always welcome a read-request from you. This is by far one of your best-written stories. Sometimes the flow of your stories can feel a little sketchy or like you skip over necessary details & the reader has to fill in the blanks with imagination. In this story, it feels like you've taken more time & you show the flow in a slow & complete way. You do the conversation so well, letting us feel the awkwardness & shyness & being flustered. This is a childlike innocence & the two seem to be giddy in the first throes of discovering love. It's all done so realistically, yet also fresh & not cliche like the typical love stories (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much ma'am for visiting my page
Oh how wonderful- necer say never- u never know what tom brings- u truly hope u find what you orating for- wonderful reading🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Thanks ma'am
The Best friend and lover. Nice combination if it works. But if you break up. It will hurt to see them with someone else. Bitter sweet in the end.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

You may be right, but don't have that much of experiences
😂
It is true that having a best friend for a lover is really wonderful but at the same time, really scary because what if you guys broke up? Things will never be the same again, all your friendship together will be left only as a memory, which is I think is very sad. In my life, I am in love with my best friend but I dare not confess because I do not want to lose him. Well, this are just my thoughts. Reading your story somehow gave me hope and positivity so thanks for sharing this with us!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Thanks flowers of eternity
Sachi this is just a brain creation . That's amazing. But I believe in this , I think may , it happens sometimes naa. If we will think it logically then you are right but if we will think without any logic then I am right. Keep writing ((smiles )) 😊😊😊😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

I hope so 😂😂😂

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2019
Last Updated on January 10, 2019
Tags: fantasy., romentic, romance, Love

Author

Amada
Amada

India



About
About me? The lonely guy you just ignored because of his weird antics (talking to himself, poker face, cuddling stray animals, insure body language, smiling without any reason, blank stare, scanning.. more..

Writing
Teddy lover. Teddy lover.

A Story by Amada



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


It's Time It's Time

A Story by Joey Nizz