The Alpha Squad:  The Aftermath!

The Alpha Squad: The Aftermath!

A Story by Michael Gill

Prologue

 

 

 

Erica’s tears fell upon his coffin as they lowered into the ground. It wasn’t even 12 hours since his death. Her boyfriend, the team’s leader, The Dark-Rider…Michael Black was dead. She looked at those around her, his family who raised him, his friends The Alpha Squad, those whom he trusted with his life…and now look where it got him. Molder stuck out his hand and commanded the soil to cover the grave. 


Even though Mike had said that he would come back, but now at this point they had their doubts. Erica didn’t want to leave his grave, she wanted to die right there and be laid beside him, but her sister Erin grabbed her by the arm to lead her to the car. They drove away looking back hoping that God would command him to return, but it didn’t happen.


They returned to The Big House and gathered around I.Q. per Jacobs’ request. “Dark-Rider had told me to play this video clip in case he ever was slain in battle.” He typed in the keys and Mike’s image appeared on the screen.


“Hello my friends, hello Erica my love…” She choked on her tears as he said that, “If you are watching this, it means that I am either MIA or KIA. Either way God has assured me if I have died that He will bring me back at an appointed time. Until then these are my commands: Jacob is in charge of all teams and will hand out assignments to each team. Until my return Shieldra shall be in charge of The Alpha Squad, her second in command shall be my best friend Molder. Now each team leader will meet with Jacob on a daily basis for briefings. The Beta Force shall cover all of The New York area. The Continentals shall cover any assignment around the world. The Banished of course will protect their Island. If my father wishes, him and our parents and bring back The Ghost Squadron.


“The number one priority is protecting the world from Superior and The Society. Most likely by now they have already begun their invasion of many different areas of the earth. The second is to find and recruit as many more allies that we can find throughout the world. I know you will not let me down, until God brings me back, may God be with you, and God speed my friends.”


“So what’s the plan Jacob?” Frank Black asked.


“I need 24 hours to gather Intel, so until then I ask that everyone get some rest, for once I start handing out assignments there’s no telling how long those missions could last.” Jacob informed.


“You heard the man team let’s head home and get some rest.” Cookie announced, him and his wife kissed Clara good-bye and the parents left.


“We’re heading back to New York, I’m sure we’ll be needed there.” Boom Box told the others and The Beta Force took their leave. Next The Banished left and then finally The Continentals.


All who remained was The Alpha Squad. “Looks like we got 24 hours to kill, I suggest we get some rest team.” Shieldra told the others. They nodded and went to their rooms. Shieldra looked at her Uncle, “Why did he have to die?” She ran into her Uncles’ arms and he held her. “Why couldn’t Superior be the one that fell in battle?”


“Only God knows those reasons.”


Samhain now possessing the body of Superior looked at those of who had remained loyal to his vessel. “I am not like my sniveling vessel.” He addressed them, “I shall rule this world in a way it had not been seen in thousands of years. You shall continue to address me as Superior if you wish. However I shall not accept failure like my predecessor, for the punishment for failure shall be death! Are we clear?” They nodded. “Excellent, I shall address the world within the hour. I will demand the leaders of this world to not only acknowledge me as The Emperor of this world and for those who refuse to bow to me shall be put into Judgment Camps. Not only that but I will demand that all those that are now in prison to be set free to serve me in my new army of evil! And that is just the beginning my evil minions.”


“What else shall we do my master?” Cykrill asked.


“If The Alpha Squad or any other of their friends decided to dare show their faces, they are to be eliminated. Also I want someone to go to these coordinates.” He handed Cykrill a piece of paper and once he read them he looked at Superior in amazement, “Yes that is exactly what I want you to do.” He referred to the instructions written on the paper. “Now we broadcast in one hour.”


 

Chapter 1

 

He knew exactly where he was, he’d been here before.  This was the place where he had met Michael The Archangel the first time.  Michael Black looked towards The Golden Gates leading to The Kingdom of God!  “So this is heaven.”   He stated.  He looked towards his right and saw both Michael and Gabriel.  “So may I ask how long I’ve been gone from the earth?”


“It has been 14 hours young one.”  Michael answered.


“What have I missed?”  He asked as he joined them.


“We have been given permission to show you all that has transpired thus far.”  Gabriel told him and they showed all that had happened in the last 14 hours.


“I can’t believe how quickly Samhain is working.”  Mike said in amazement.


“This is just the beginning young one; it is now up to your friends.”  Michael stated.


“Can I see what they are doing?”


“Yes, of course.”  Gabriel waved his hand and they were now in The Big House Headquarters.  “Please know they cannot hear you or see you or us.”


“Thanks but I kind of figured that out.”  Mike assured him.  He watched as they now gathered around I.Q. for The Alpha Alarm had gone off.


“What’s going on?”  Molder asked.


“Superior has taken over all the worlds’ communications and is planning on making a speech.”  Jacob answered.


They all watched the screen as Superiors’ face filled the screen, “People of the world, I am Superior!  For those who have not heard, the leader of The Alpha Squad; The Dark-Rider is now dead.  I demand that all the leaders of the world to meet me in The United Nations Building in DC in four hours.  There I shall command them to submit all their nations to fall under one ruler, and that shall be me!  I will also demand that all prisons are to release all of their prisoners, for they shall be used for my purposes and my alone.  Those whom are released are more than welcome to join my army!  Those who do not bow before me as the ruler of this world shall be put into prison and Judgment Camps.  And a word to The Alpha Squad and their allies; if you interfere in my plans you there shall be consequences for those actions.”  The screen went blank. 


“Frezor prep The Alpha Jet, we’re going to Washington DC!”  Shieldra commanded.


“Belay that order!”  Jacob overruled.


“Under what grounds?”  Shieldra challenged.


“Your intentions are not to bring him to justice but to claim vengeance.”  Jacob answered her sternly, “Do not forget that I am above you in the chain in command.  Now let’s all get some rest.”  They all murmured as they left.


“Well done Jacob.”  Mike told him though he knew he couldn’t be heard.


“You approve of his action though they could’ve gone and obtained Superior?”  Michael asked.


“He was right in what he said.  Vengeance is the only thing on Shieldra’s mind and he knew that would tarnish everything that The Alpha Squad stands for.  Besides no matter how much I have faith in them, I do not feel that they can take on Samhain on their own.”


“Well said young Dark-Rider.”  Gabriel nodded.


“I want to follow them around for a while if you don’t mind.”  Mike told them and they nodded.  His first stop was Nicole’s room where she, Ally, Clara was discussing what had just transpired.


“I can’t believe my Uncle!  We have a chance to take out Superior once and for all, and he overrules me.”


“I don’t blame him!”  Clara piped up, “We just lost Dark-Rider, and I highly doubt he’s ready to lose any more of us.”


“I agree.”  Ally spoke up next, “We would be going there with the intentions on killing him for all we want to do is do to him what he did to Dark-Rider.”


“I know you’re both right and so is Uncle Jacob, but each time I think of Superior and The Society all I feel is hate!”


“Then maybe we should pray about it.”  Clara took hold of Nicole’s hand as well as Ally’s and they prayed that God would help them.


Mike then walked over to Dan’s room where he was meeting with the guys.  “You know I feel Jacob made the right call.”  Dave told them.


“Yeah, the last thing we need to do is tarnish everything that Dark-Rider stood for.”  Dan agreed.


“No matter how bad we want to we cannot give into the flesh.”  John advised them.


“Then let us be men of God and get on our knees!”  Dan told them, and they got on their knees and began to pray.


Mike then went into the room where Erica and Erin were…his room.  “Erica you need to come to bed.”  Her sister pleaded.


“This is where I want to be right now.”  She cried into a pillow.


“You’re not helping yourself if you’re going to spend your entire time in here.”  Erin told her.


“I know you’re trying to help dear sister, but the last thing I want to do right now is move on.” 


“I can’t force you, but I will say this, what would Mike prefer you to do?  Or better yet what would he do?”  Erin asked her those questions knowing that she wasn’t going to answer but wanted her to ponder on them and she left to her room.


Erica looked at the picture by Mike’s bed and saw it was of him and her at The Prom.  They didn’t win King and Queen but as far as they were concerned they were.  She suddenly got up and went back down to the underground headquarters where Jacob was working on I.Q. and was getting nowhere.  She gestured for her to take over and he allowed her.  She went to the password screen and typed in King and Queen.  The screen flashed with pages of information.  “How did you know the password?”  Jacob asked her.


“I had to think like Dark-Rider did.”  She answered and they began to research.


“She’s very resourceful.”  Michael complimented.


“Yeah, one of the many reasons of why I love her like I do.”  He turned to them, “I want to watch the meeting that Superior is having with the leaders of the world.”  Within seconds they were in the same room as Superior/Samhain.  He was there with Ruthers and Cykrill. 


“I wish to be alone for a few moments.”  He commanded them and they left his presence.  He turned to Dark-Rider and the two Angels, “If you’re two body guards don’t mind I would like to talk with you in private.”  He saw the shock on Dark-Riders’ face, “Yes I can see you.”  Dark-Rider nodded to the two angels and they disappeared.  “I see you haven’t gone through the pearly gates?”


“You won’t get away with this Samhain, my friends will stop you one way or another.”  Dark-Rider promised.


“Such heroic words, strange coming from a dead man.”  Superior taunted.


“If I were you I’d be more worried about the living.”  Dark-Rider told him, “The Alpha Squad will do what they need to do in effort of defeating you and the rest of The Society.”


“I don’t doubt that, but know this young Dark-Rider.”  Superior looked him in his eyes, “When and if you do come back to this plane of existence the world you once knew will be nothing but a memory when I’m done here.”


“And you are to know this…When I do return I will send you back to the abyss where you belong!”


“I’ll keep that in mind the next time I kill you.”  Superior turned his back on him, “Now if you don’t mind I have a world to begin to rule.”  He left into the meeting room.


Dark-Rider returned back to where he began his journey with Michael and Gabriel.  “Now let’s see what happens.”  Dark-Rider said as they looked into the well.


 

Chapter 2

 

Superior took the stand and spoke, “Leaders of the world, I Superior demand that you relinquish all the nations of world to me.   If you do not, I will release all my forces upon this world.  Every weapon at my disposal will be unleashed until you do!”


“We will not heed to your idle threats!”  The United States President declared.


“You think my threats are idle do you?”  Superior sounded amused, “Very well, then allow me to show you that my threats are anything but idle.”  He activated his communicator on his right hand gauntlet, “Cykrill destroy The White House!”  There was a hushed silence as he made the order and within seconds there was loud explosion and those who looked upon the monitor to see the greatest house in the world blown to bits.  “Now do you take me seriously?  Those who don’t surrender to me at this moment, their nations’ monuments shall be destroyed and you don’t believe me, just look at the monitor.”  It showed that various places in the world were being targeted.   Within minutes different leaders of the world submitted themselves and their nation into the hands of Superior.  “You’ve made the right decision.”


“What are your commands Superior?”  Asked one of the former leaders.


“Those whom don’t bow before me right now are to be shot on sight.”  Within seconds the order was carried out.  “Now my next order is for those whom are in prison are to be released immediately.  And those who wish as I have mentioned can be part of my army.  Those whom from this day forward that do not bow before me as The Master of this world then they shall be the ones put into prison!  And all religious groups that do not consider me their god I will have them put in Judgment Camps.  And all the worlds’ military shall now be a part of The army of Superior.”


Within a matter of hours every prisoner that was released boarded airships to become a member of Superiors army.  Those who chose not to take part went their own way without hostile action towards them.  By morning the world woke up under a new rule, the rule of Superior.


 

Chapter 3

 

The Alpha Squad met together in their underground headquarters and found that Light-Blader had stayed up all night with Jacob researching all of the Intel that they had uncovered.  Once the others had joined them they began their briefing.  “According to this Dark-Rider has left us enough information of what Superior was most likely was going to do, and from the watching the news throughout the night it would appear that all that Dark-Rider had predicted has come to pass.”  Jacob opened the meeting.


“But why would Dark-Rider want to predict what was or has happened?”  Metallacia asked.


“I believe he was trying to get into the mind of Superior.”  Jacob answered.


“Most importantly he was leaving us a worst case scenario guide.”  Light-Blader added.


“What else did he leave us?”  Frezor asked.


“Areas in the world where he believed that will be used as fortresses for The Society, strategic places for camps or prisons, and even facilities like ones that you were housed in.”  Jacob informed.


“Plus strategies on how to defeat The Society in different situations if they were to arise.”  Light-Blader finished.


“So what’s our first mission?”  Molder asked.


“I’m bringing it up on the monitor right now.”  Jacob answered as he punched in a few keys into the computer and the monitor showed a facility that was already being in use.  “This place has been under Dark-Riders’ microscope so to speak.  The place according to this information houses three individuals whom can aide us in our fight against The Society.” 


“But before we get into that, it might be best to bring you up to speed on what has happened over the last few hours.”  Light-Blader brought up and they watched on what had transpired as Superior has now become the ruler of the world.


“So while we sleep Superior/Samhain becomes the worlds’ new ruler and people are already being put into Judgment Camps.”  Shieldra complained, “Well aren’t we a bunch of slackers when it comes to being heroes.”


“Hey we’re only human Shieldra, there’s no way we can be at all places in the world all the time.”  Sparks told her.


“Right now we need to focus on the present instead of the past.”  Mindra told the group.


“Mindra’s right.”  Jacob acknowledged, “Now as I said your first assignment is a facility in Arizona.  It’s twenty-five miles from Phoenix and heavily guarded.”


“You said there are three people there that could join us?”  Star Girl asked.


“That is correct.   Their abilities were spotted months ago by our search grid.  However it would appear that Dark-Rider had his reasons for hiding this from us until now.  Shieldra will lead you into the fray, and Molder of course is her second in command.  Any questions?”  He looked around and saw that everyone was ready for action.  “Good, suit up and you leave in thirty minutes.  Once you have left I will contact the other teams.”


Thirty minutes later The Alpha Squad took off in The Raven and headed to their newest assignment hoping that whomever they were to rescue was going to be a big help in their fight against The Society.


 

Chapter 4

 

The Alpha Squad touched down two miles away from their target.  As they exited out of The Raven, Shieldra shared her plan to the others.  “We’ll split into two teams.  Team one will go inside and team two will stay outside to take out any outside interference.  Team one will include me, Mindra, Light-Blader, Metallacia, Sparks and Frezor.  The others will remain outside.  If we need help inside then we’ll call for back up otherwise stay out here and secure the area.  Any questions…good, now let’s save us some new recruits.”


The facility ahead of them was a bit bigger than the one of they had escaped from when they are kids.  There were guard towers surrounding the fence which was no doubt electric.  The towers were forty feet apart from each other and after Sparks took five seconds to scout the rest of the area and told them that there were Techno-Drones and Cyber-Drones surrounding the outside area of the main building.  “Molder and Frezor switch places.  Molder I need you to dig a tunnel to the inside of that building.”


“On it boss lady.”  Molder acknowledged and commanded the ground below them to open up and made a walk way through a tunnel. 


“Frezor begin the attack!”  Shieldra ordered.


“Team two let’s go.”  Frezor waved his frozen hand and they moved forward.  Blaze took to the skies and began setting the guard towers on fire as Frezor froze the fence.  The fence shattered and the others entered in.  “Star-Girl help Blaze take down the guard towers!  The rest of us will take care of these drones.”


Down below the battle Mindra and the others continued their way below the facility…until they got to a metal wall.  “Metallacia you’re up.”  Molder said stepping aside to allow the metallic female to take over.  She rose up her hands to the wall and melted the door to form a doorway.  Shieldra stepped in front of her and led the team into building.  She looked around and saw that there was no one around.  There were red lights flashing around and klaxon alarms going off warning the staff that the place was under attack.  “Coast is clear, let’s move.”  They double timed down the hallway until they reached an elevator.  “According to Dark-Riders’ Intel the prisoners should be one floor above us.”  They took the elevator up one floor and exited out…to nothing.

 

They walked out of the elevator and headed down the hallway.  They found a control room that was locked down.  Sparks shorted out the lock and the door opened.  There were two men in lab coats and they were stunned by Mindra as soon as they door was opened. Sparks studied the controls and found four young people in four different cells.  “I thought there were three?”  Metallacia asked.


“Well it would appear the Intel was a bit old.”  Light-Blader said as headed out towards the cells.  She walked up to them and sliced through the locks.  The others helped them out of their cells. 


“Shieldra to Frezor, packages acquired.”  Shieldra said through her communicator.


“Good to hear!  We sure do need some help out here.”  Frezor told them.


“We’ll be up in a few minutes.”  Shieldra assured him.  “Frezor and the others need our help.  Let’s get these guys to safety.”


“No.”  Said one of the young men, “We want to help.”


“Are you sure you’re all strong enough?”  Light-Blader asked.


“Yes we’re sure.”  Another answered and the female with them nodded.


“Okay then let’s go.”  Shieldra nodded and they led them outside. 


When they reached above ground and saw that the others were in need of help.  “You guys know what you need to do.”  Shieldra told the rest of the team and they headed out.  “What can you guys do?”  She asked the four.


“I can ignite my body like a rocket and can fly.”  Said one of the young men.


“I’m like a human lie detector.”  Said the second.


“Then stay close to me.”  Shieldra told him.


“I can’t be seen in dark places and can’t be heard no matter how quickly I’m moving.”  The third young man mentioned.


“I can teleport from place to place and long distances if I know exactly where I want to go.”  The girl said.


“Good now let’s help the others.”  Shieldra motioned them to follow her as she put a shield around her and the human lie detector.  The first young man took to the air and grabbed a gun out of one of the guards’ hands and knocked him out and took once again to the skies to shoot upon the Cyber-Drones.  The third young man took the darker sides of the building and ambushed a few guards.  The girl teleported the drones from the ground into the air and dropped them.  Within moments the only ones left standing was The Alpha Squad.  “Good work everyone.  Let’s go home.”

 

When they returned to The Big House they showed the new four recruits around their new home.  “The question is would you like to become part of our team?”  Jacob asked them.


“I know I do.”  The first young man stepped up, “My name is Jeremiah Cagney…”


“Wait, Cagney?  That’s my last name…Jeremy?”  Jacob questioned.


“Do I know you?”  Jeremy asked.


“Yes, you and your sister were at first to be taken under my care, but your father gave you to his brother.”  Jacob explained.


“I have a sister?”  He asked.


“Yes, and you’ve already met her.”  Jacob hinted towards Shieldra and beckoned her to join them.  “Shieldra take off your mask.”  She did so and Jeremy’s face turned white.


“You’re dead; dad said that you were killed.”  Jeremy stuttered.


“I don’t believe it, I have a brother?”  She looked at her Uncle in disbelief.  “Why didn’t you tell me?”


“I was instructed by your mother not to.  But it would appear that promise is now null and void.”  Jacob stated.


“Well looks like we got a lot of catching up to do sis.  But you can call me Bottle Rocket!”


“And my name is Charlie Taniel but you can call me Lie Detector.”


“My name is Patrick Knight, but you can call me Nightshade.”


“And my name is Amanda Towers but you can call me Spot Check.”


“Well then allow me to welcome you to The Alpha Squad!”  Jacob announced.

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

At building site of Superiors’ new castle where The White House once stood, Superior was sitting on his throne watching the building project.  “Soon the place of where the power of this country once stood will now be a place of power for the whole world.”


“Superior please forgive me for the interruption.”  Cykrill approached, “It would appear I bring you bad news.”

            

        “And what would that be?”  Superior asked.

            

“The Alpha Squad has attacked one of our facilities, and has recovered the four prisoners that were being housed in there.”

            

“So they did not heed my warning…then it would best to carry out my threat saying that there would be consequences.”  He stood up and walked to a bunker near-by that was their place of operations until the new castle was done.  He sat before a camera and pushed a button to begin broadcasting.

            

The Alpha Alarm rang throughout The Big House.  The members of The Alpha Squad met in front of I.Q. and saw Superior on the monitor.  “Attention people of the earth.  I am Superior your world ruler.  And it would appear that The Alpha Squad did not heed my warning.  Therefore I have no choice but to go through with what I said that there would be consequences.  On your televisions and monitors throughout the world you should see a Judgment Camp that is already filled with prisoners.  I have had all of my people evacuated, and now say good-bye to the lives of those whom are now to be destroyed!”  Within seconds a beam of light came down from the sky and the Judgment was replaced with a bright light and once it was gone, all that was left was burnt earth.  “Now I hope that The Alpha Squad realizes that I am serious!  If they continue to defy me then I will next time not destroy one but ten.  Thank you for watching.”

            

Superior turned to Cykrill, “Please let me know if they show up again.”

            

“As you command my master.”  Cykrill bowed.

            

Superior sat down on his throne and continued to watch the builders.  “I know they will interfere again, but that’s what I’m counting on.”

 

Chapter 6

 

            

The Alpha Squad watched in horror as they watched The Judgment Camp being burnt to a cinder.  A couple of the girls cried while the other girls comforted them.  “That monster!”  Bottle Rocket exclaimed.

            

“What do we do now?”  Blaze asked.

            

“What do you think Dark-Rider would do in this situation?”  Jacob asked.

            

“Who’s this Dark-Rider you keep mentioning?”  Spot Check asked and they told her and the others who Dark-Rider was and that he had been killed by Samhain who now possess Superiors’ body.

            

“So I was right when I said he’s a monster.”  Bottle Rocket concluded.

            

“And rightly so.”  Mindra agreed.

            

“But Jacob is right; I wonder what Dark-Rider would do.”  Star-Girl repeated and looked at her sister.

            

“I think he would try to find out what kind of weapon that was used to destroy that place.”  Light-Blader mentioned.

            

“I.Q. begin projectory scan.”  Sparks commanded as he started to key in commands into The Alpha Squads super computer.  The computer started at where the beam had hit The Judgment Camp and it followed it up into what looked like outer space.  “The beam appears to have come from space.”

            

“Is that possible?”  Molder asked.

            

“One way to find out, and that’s to check with The Alpha Satellite.”  Frezor said as he took over the controls.  He typed in the coordinates where the beam of light had come and had The Alpha Satellite to travel near enough to see a space station.

            

“I don’t think that’s NASA approved.”  Mindra said.

            

“It must belong to The Society.”  Jacob concluded.

            

“Great how are we supposed to get up there?”  Blaze complained.

            

“Yeah it’s not like we have a space ship lying around here!”  Shieldra exclaimed.

            

“I wonder if Dark-Rider had that in his manual?”   Frezor asked.

            

“I think we should be careful of what words we say.”  Light-Blader mentioned.

            

“Why do you say that?”  Her sister asked.

            

“Cause something is going on with I.Q.”  Light-Blader pointed at the monitor and the words space shuttle and Dark-Rider were underlined and it scanned through the files until a wall near The Alpha Jet and Raven was stored.  They walked to where the sound was and before them was a space ship.  It was looked like something out of an old Sci-Fi show.

            

“Once again he seems to have everything we need.”  Jacob commented, “Let’s take a look inside shall we?”  They went in and they looked around the bridge.  It looked like cockpit area of The Raven and The Alpha Jet.  A place for a pilot and co-pilot, a tactical station, communications, even a small medical bay, and places for extra seating.

            

“I can’t believe he built this!”  Shieldra exclaimed.

            

“Yeah no kidding.”  Frezor agreed.

            

“When did he have the time to build this?”  Bottle Rocket asked.

            

“Dark-Rider couldn’t sleep so he would do things, just like this.”  Light-Blader said proudly.

            

“Well I have to say he knew what he was doing.”  Jacob admitted, “Now I guess I know what is going to happen next.”

            

“Yes, we’re going to space!”  Shieldra declared.


 

Chapter 7

 

           

 Dark-Rider admired the fact that his friends had found the space shuttle that he had left for them.  “Why did you build them that?”  Michael asked.

            

“I had a lot of free time on my hands and I knew one of these days our adventures would lead us into space.  I was just hoping to be there for the maiden voyage.”  Dark-Rider explained.

            

“What do you think their plan shall be?”  Gabriel asked.

            

“Just watch and see.”  Dark-Rider told them as they looked on.

            

Two hours after The Alpha Squad had found the space shuttle they had looked over the tutorials that was left for them.  “Wow one of thing about your Dark-Rider friend he sure was thorough.”  Lie Detector whistled.

            

“He was anything but that.”  Frezor laughed, “But he was always making sure we were ready for just about anything.  One of the things I really miss about him.”

            

“You should see the weapons he’s got on this baby!”  Molder said with excitement, “There’s lasers, shielded missiles that stay shielded until they hit their target.”

            

“You think that’s hot, this thing comes with a cloaking device!”  Blaze exclaimed.

            

“Are you serious?”  Shieldra asked in disbelief.

            

“You sound surprised.”  Light-Blader answered.


“Now all we need is for this ship to talk.”  Molder mentioned.


“I was wonder when I was going to be able to introduce myself.”  An electronic voice spoke up.


“Oh no…”  Molder moaned.

“So did Dark-Rider have a name for you?”  Shieldra asked.


“My name is Night Star.”  It answered.  “I am ready for lift off when you are.”

“Remind me when Dark-Rider does come back to tell him no more A.I.’s.”  Molder told the others as they prepared for lift off.


The Alpha Squad got into their seats and buckled in.  “We’re ready Night Star.”  Frezor announced. 


“Opening skylight.”  Night Star told them and once it opened the ship shot into space.  Within moments they were in sight of the satellite. 


“Night Star activate Cloaking.”  Shieldra commanded.


“Cloaking engaged.”  Night Star responded.


Frezor piloted the ship towards the satellite.  Shieldra then told him to join her and the others at the tactical station.  “There are three docking bays on the satellite.  Two of them are being used right now which leaves one vacant.  We’ll dock to the vacant one cloaked.”


“By doing that,” Sparks took over, “they will see that on their monitors and consider it a glitch.  They will most likely have the docking bay depressurized within thirty seconds of us entering it.  This means we all need to move fast.”


“Once inside, we need to make our way to the main control room.”  Shieldra took over again, “We’ll need to be ready for any traps or resistance that may come our way.  Any questions?”  No said anything which meant all was understood.  “Frezor you may return to your station and begin docking sequence.”


Minutes later they docked to the satellite.  They went into the docking bay after it was pressurized and entered quickly. 


Inside of the control room a warning light lit up on a console of an operators’ station, “Centurion docking bay 2 is pressurizing.”


“And what’s so odd about that?”  Centurion asked him.


“There’s no ship there.”  The young man answered.


“Must be a malfunction, depressurize it.”


“As you command sir.”  The young man responded as he pressed in a few keys to begin depressurizing the docking bay.


In the docking bay The Alpha Squad was beginning to exit out of the bay when a warning light came on saying that was beginning to be depressurized.  “We need to move now!”  Shieldra ordered and they double timed it to the exit.  Just as the door in front of them began to shut Shieldra placed a shied forcing it open.  “Hurry I don’t know how long I can hold it!”  The others ran passed her until it was her and Bottle Rocket left, who picked her up and flew into the room and the door slammed behind them.


“That was a close call sis.”  Bottle Rocket breathed.


“I’ve had worse trust me bro."


“Where to now Sparks?”  Molder asked.


“This way.”  Sparks pointed and they followed him.


Inside the control room Centurion noticed on the monitors that there was a malfunction with the docking bay door and put up a video and saw that The Alpha Squad had infiltrated the station.  “It would appear that we have visitors.”  He told the men and women around him, “Let’s see how long they last against my Space Drones.”


 

Chapter 8


The Alpha Squad felt like they had stepped into one of Dark-Riders’ old sci-fi movies.  The inside of the station looked like it had been here for decades.  The tech was old but still usable.  “Is it just me or does it feel like as if we’re walking into a trap?”  Molder asked.


“I’m having the same feeling.”  Shieldra agreed, and others nodded.


“Should I scout ahead?”  Sparks asked.


“No, I want you to start planting the bombs.”  Shieldra instructed.


“I’ll get right on it.”  Sparks saluted and sped out of the area.


“While he’s doing that we’ll go to the control room to see if we can shut off the laser cannon.”  Shieldra continued and they followed her, until they came face to face with Centurions’ Space Drones.


“More robots?”  Frezor asked in disbelief.  “You would think they would stop making these tin cans.”


“Stop complaining and start putting them on ice!”  Blaze told him as she threw fire balls at their mechanical foes.


Shieldra placed a shield over her body and began punching The Space Drones.  Frezor threw ice spikes; Metallacia turned her arms into swords and began slicing through the lines.  Molder threw mud balls over the faces as Star Girl shot them with her Star Bolts.  The others used their abilities until the last one went down.


“That seems to be the last of them.”  Light-Blader observed.


“Did I miss anything?”  Sparks asked as he caught up with them, and after looking around he said, “Well looks like I did.”


“I’ll fill you in on the details later.”  Metallacia promised.


“Let’s move it team.”  Shieldra ordered and they followed her down the hall until they got to the room marked “Control Room”.  “Talk about a total give away.”


The door opened and before them were men and women armed to the teeth ready to take down The Alpha Squad.



Chapter 9

 

“Oh how, nice a welcoming committee.”  Molder joked as he began throwing mud balls onto the floor which caused some of the men and women up front to fall as they rushed towards their super powered foes. 


“Take them down fast team!”  Shieldra shouted. 


Bottle Rocket activated his ability with a thought and made a bee line down a path of guards.  Nightshade followed after him and began attacking a group of guards using his martial arts.  Spot Check would teleport from place to place punching and kicking her opponents.  Lie Detector also went into the fray shooting stun bolts.  The Alpha Squad took down all but Centurion within a matter of minutes. 


“You may have beaten my men, but if you take one more step I will unleash destruction upon random places on earth!”  Centurion threatened.


“He’s lying!”  Lie Detector spoke up.


“How would you know?”  Centurion asked.


“Because I have the ability to know when someone is telling the truth or a lie!  And you sir are lying!”


“You are right!  I cannot do so without a password only to be given to me by Superior.”  Centurion confessed.


“Then surrender.”  Shieldra told him.


“I’d rather die!”  Centurion stated as he pressed a button, and klaxons began going off throughout the station.  “You have one minute to get out of here.”


“There’s no way we can make it back to The Night Star in time.”  Blaze cried.


“Not unless I can teleport everyone.”  Spot Check offered.


“Can you do that?”  Mindra asked.


“No time to argue, do it.”  Shieldra ordered, and within seconds they found themselves back in The Night Star!  But Spot Check passed out.  “Get her buckled in.  Frezor get us out of here.”


“You don’t have to tell me twice!”  He agreed as he took the controls and they began their escape.


“We got thirty seconds!”  Molder told them from the tactical station.


“Thrusters are at full blast!”  Frezor reported.


“I’ll put a shield around the ship.  That should double the shields we have already.”  Shieldra informed them.  She put a shield around The Night Star and fifteen seconds later there was a blast from behind them and the shields absorbed all of the shock effect.  “Ugh, that’s done.  Frezor take us home.”


“Setting course for The Big House.”


Inside the newly built Castle Superior, Samhain sat upon his throne as Cykrill entered the room.  “I am sorry to once again to be the bearer of bad news my lord.  The space station which held the laser was destroyed moments ago.”


“How is that possible?”  Superior asked.


“The Alpha Squad destroyed it.  They had found a way to get into space, and Centurion fearing your wrath activated the self-destruction.”


“A wise decision on his part.” 


“What shall we do?”  Cykrill asked.


“Nothing for now, we must continue our globalization forces.”  Superior told him, “Is there anything else to report?”


“Yes, we have recovered the package and it is hidden away safely.”


“Excellent!  That will be all.”  Superior dismissed him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

Dark-Rider looked proudly upon his friends as they returned to The Big House.  Once they had debriefed Jacob on their mission they went to their separate rooms, except Spot Check and Frezor who took her to the medical station to be looked after.  Nicole was looking through a photo album when her brother came in.  “What are you looking at sis?”


“I’m looking through some photos from a couple of years ago.”  Nicole answered and patted on her bed for him to sit next to her.  “These are photos of Mike and I when we were dating.”


“You both look happy.”   He pointed at a photo.


“That was taken in Italy after had flew me there for dinner after our first mission together against The Society.”


“What happened between you do?”  He asked.


“I was in New York for a short time and during that time I chose to break up with him thinking I was going to be living there for a long time.  But now that’s in the past, it’s best to look forward to the future.”


“There’s something else bugging you isn’t there?”  He asked seeing the look on her face.


“Yes, I should be getting ready to start packing for college, but now thanks to Samhain I now have to lead this group instead of The Beta Force!”


“But you’re doing such a good job…”


“Are you sure about that?”  She asked him.


“Yeah, cause I ‘m sure no matter where Dark-Rider is, I am sure that he proud of how you are handling things.”


“Maybe your right.”


In the medical station Frezor ran some tests on Spot Check, “It would appear that you are going to be just fine.”  He told her after looking at the tests.  “I would suggest not doing anything like teleporting anyone for a few days.”


“Thanks doc.”  She joked.


“At least your sense of humor is well.”  He joked right back, “I would also not have you do any strenuous teleporting of any kind for a few days.”


“I’ll do my best.”  She thanked him.


Dan and the rest of the guys sat around and played video games.  “I’m glad we have you around Lie Detector.”


“How so?”   He asked.


“Without you we would have never known that Centurion was bluffing when he did.”  John told him.


“Well I’m glad I could help; there are times I don’t think my ability makes a difference.”  He admitted.


“And this is where Mike would say that everyone’s abilities no matter how great or how small is still an ability to be used to help.”  Dan told him.


“Thanks guys.  Now let me see if I can kick your butt on this game!”


Dark-Rider then moved to Erica’s room and saw her looking at a video that he made with her when they went to prom.  She was crying but yet smiling.  He sat down next to her on the bed and stroke her cheek that just went through her face.  “I miss you.”  She said out loud.


“I miss you too.  I’ll be back as soon as God allows me, I promise.  He told her even though she couldn’t hear him; he kissed her on the cheek as she lay down to sleep.  He walked out of the room and returned to the angels.

© 2015 Michael Gill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on October 25, 2012
Last Updated on November 11, 2015

Author

Michael Gill
Michael Gill

Eugene, OR



About
I write Christian Sci-fi stories and am looking forward someday in getting them published for all who wish to read it. more..

Writing