GOD said, WHAT ?

GOD said, WHAT ?

A Story by Rain
"

One of my conversations with God.

"
 
 

 

GOD said, WHAT??
A Story by Rain
..

" I'm trying to talk with God, and he sends me this mist like figure ? I suppose I'm supposed to talk with you,? I asked, frustrated.

"He said He's tired of messing with you", the voice said.

"Tired of messing with me? He's God, I shouted. That's what Gods are supposed to do."
"And where does he get off calling it , Messing with me?"

"Look, I'm just telling you what HE said." The voice spoke.

"HE said the word "Messing?" I asked

"That's what HE said. HE said you were getting on his nerves,and that HE had more important things to deal with", the voice said,sounding disinterested.

I lit a cigarette, took a deep drag, then said in an angry voice.
"Oh, so just because HE'S God, HE can just pick and choose who HE talks to?"

"That appears to be how HE sees it", the voice said casually.

" Well,I think it's crap." HE created us, HE gave us all these damn unanswerable questions, and then when you demand to know why, HE can just say HE doesn't feel like messing with you!  "That's some God," I said, as I flipped my cigarette towards the heavens.
"Well, tell God....." the voice stopped me.

"I" don't TELL God anything. I only pass on what you say."

"I thought God was supposed to know everything. Why do you even have to be here?" I said,knowing he had no answer.

The voice seemed to giggle.

"What's so funny," I asked.

"God just said you were dumber than a dinosaur", then the voice busted out laughing.

Angry, I picked up a rock and tossed it into the sky.
"Tell God......Ooops, relay to God that HE made me, so if I'm dumb, HE'S the one to blame," I said, feeling I got my shot in.

The voice was silent.

"What's the matter God, stumped?" I grinned.

Finally, the voice spoke. " Sorry,God was busy trying to re-arrange this black hole to a better location."

"What?" He's got one of his children here, and He's playing with a black hole? What about my question? If I'm dumb, HE made me this way!"

The voice, which came from this odd shaped mist, spoke...

"God said for me to try and shoo you away."

"NO, I shouted. I think I deserve to know." If HE wants me to know all these things, why didn't HE  make me smarter? Just ask him that, and say... Please."

The odd shaped mist seemed to draw a bit closer, as if he was going to whisper something, then withdrew. Then he spoke... 
"God said for me to keep this simple, as it was obvious you had a limited comprehension level."

"Well, yippie, tell him I appreciate HIM  finally answering a simple question."

"God said you were born brilliant, with the wisdom and comprehension of your creator. As a child you possessed all the knowledge HE  had intended you to have, more wisdom than you would ever need."

"Ok, then what the hell happened?" I asked, hoping GOD had forgotten  about the black hole and was focusing on me.

God says that man left the childlike wisdom, and began to believe he could dissect His gift of life. They wrote books and gathered in small intellectual groups; they developed complex theories to His simplest mysteries, they wrote and challenged, until at last, the true wisdom they had, gave way to false philosophies, and gave birth to fake scholars.Wisdom became something people would try to teach, till the world became filled with those who thought they knew His gift, who knew Him.
I could tell the voice was not quite done.
God told me to tell you to beware of people who say they know,and keep their knowledge on shelves that can't be reached. The voice was done.

"That's it?" I asked, not sure I totally understood.

"There was one other thing, but I think you might want to stop here," the voice said, politely.

"Hey," I said in a stern voice, if GOD said something else, I want to know."

The voice hesitated a minute,then said, " Ok."
"God said he had a plaque waiting for you."

"NO WAY!!! I excitedly shouted, What does it say ?"
"Child with the most dumb questions." He laughed,

"Oh, that's cute God.."That's really cute."

© 2007 Rain

 

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really liked the concept of this and the technique you used to deliver it to us.
Any chance this messenger left a contact number? haha

No straight answers, huh? Figures.
Glad he didn't drop the black hole on your narrator though...could have been worse.

Thanks for sharing this Rain. Amusing and thoughtful read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Kudos!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was cute, and just like God to never give a direct answer to your questions. I thought for sure he was messing with the black hole so he could make him fall threw it. But after the strange story about the Branch Davidian cult this was amusing. I needed a good story about religion, even if it was a funny one like this.
sorry its taken so long to read- trying to catch up on all the old ones!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this! I needed this today more than any other day. Now I wonder? Hehehe...

Posted 14 Years Ago


I thought I had read this before but had to keep reading anyway. LOL Even better the second time around.
Thanks for the smile.

Hugs,
Lesa



Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G
Innovative delivery, entertaining to and a bit humerous. I wish my talks with God went so well. I usually get a talking cat.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Once again, another write I just loved to read from you. I just can't get enough of your wonderful talent. Please keep inking the pages, life would be boring without your words to read. P.W.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

One word: OUTSTANDING.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL Ray at your ending line. Quite a talk you had with God's messenger. Done in a way that readers could not help themselves but to read on. These lines are very true or at least they ring true to me ....

"God told me to tell you to beware of people who say they know,and keep their knowledge on shelves that can't be reached."

Great as always Ray.

Hugs,
Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was perfect and funny. I even liked the font you used. Deep in a way without being preachy. Nice job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this it's very witty and answers the question why? with why ask when you know the answer. Very deep thought provoking story, very creatively done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1701 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on April 5, 2008
Last Updated on December 12, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..