I Run Away

I Run Away

A Poem by Rain
"

Tis a bit bout me

"
I run away
now and then
like a child
I've always been
I ran away when I was ten
when I heard her wish
I'd never been
 
I run away...I run away
I run away
 
I leave behind all the woe
never think just where I'll go
Even as a man I've found
I will leave without a sound
if I feel misunderstood
made to feel I'm no good
 
I run away...I run away
I run away
 
It is no-one's fault but mine
I run away, sometimes to find
I walk the sands
near the sea
and search the waves
for why I'm me
 I run away
when I'm afraid
I'll find the answer
of what I'm made
 
I run away...I run away
I run away
 
There comes a time
each ship must shore
the anchor dropped
to sail no more
What will I do...or say...or be
when there's no way
to run from me
 
I will run away...run away
I will run away

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I know how you feel Rain. We all want to run away now and then. I think that's where pride and stubborness can be a good thing. That's what they want, just want you to go away, submit to their pressures and attempts to break you. That's when you dont let them win, but stand up and say do your worse. I am not affraid.

I'm so glad to see you are back, and hopefully to stay. You are always missed my friend. :)

All my love dear friend

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think that at every point in our lives we have to run from what our realities are and take time to separate ourselves from the situations that we feel will change us. To protect ourselves we have to create that sort of a distance. I was very impressed by the rhyme scheme you used here. The rhyme scheme was impressive because it did not seem forced at all, but more like a relaxed flow washed over the poem. I enjoyed how this piece seemed to flow in and out like waves on the shore, which was doubly impressive because of the fact that a great deal of what you discussed was nautical. There was only one spot where the flow seemed a little off. The lines "if I feel misunderstood/made to feel I'm no good" is just not the same number of syllables. The second like can be fixed to better the flow if you put the one syllable in. I suggest the word that between feel and I'm. That may help. Otherwise, I enjoyed your piece a lot. Keep sending read requests!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hi Ray, yes I agree you can't run away from yourself and your thoughts. Your work is psychologically sound, I hope you realise that. You have the ability to help many by telling your stories.
Cheers, I hope you are well?
Helen :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i completely understand this, i never hang around where im not wanted or if i feel im misunderstood... like saying what is the f%#kin use of trying to explain myself to someone who does not care anyway, pointless...great write here rain.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good write, I feel like that all the time

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome write with the font and all...the simpleness of words it has the feel of a child. Especially since right off the bat you talk about ten years old. The depth of emotion...fear, longing for acceptance, and wanting to be understood well these are things that carry over into adulthood. Yes, we all want to run away at times, but most of us don't actually pick up and create new identities somewhere else. The piece gives the feel that when the man runs away it is for short periods of time. Perhaps to reflect on life and gain perspective. In which case, this could actually be something healthy. Love the originality in this poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've been running and hiding for weeks now - glad to see that you've returned. I had been gone for awhile, to return and see you'd left. Sometimes we need a break from life - or from the routine we've turned life into. I agree that this seems like a song - complete with chorus! It's true as you've written - in the end, we can't run from ourselves.

laura

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I felt much like this, earlier this week. Sometimes, I really feel alone...like I want someone else, other than God, to listen. We each need that, don't we?

You pen some of the most inspiring pieces...some of the best on this venue! What a pleasure to be among the many you call "friends"!

My best,
Kelly

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Written like a child, with the eyes of an adult, this is so very moving, mesmerizing with the repetition of the stanza run away. Thank you for posting this, Rain. It's good to read your work, as always.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The repetition was mesmerizing and I loved it. The story is perfectly unfolded. Great poem.

Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I used to run away when I was a little girl. I never made it longer than a couple hours hiding across the street in my neighbor's driveway. I like the way this poem reads. It's like a song and I could feel a definite beat behind your words. Very nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2684 Views
79 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 26, 2008
Last Updated on April 27, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


i don't know i don't know

A Poem by Rain


Finally Finally

A Poem by Natalie C