Our Lives..

Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain
"

Just thoughts on life,and this New Year..

"

"Having a terminal cancer has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing.

"I'm not sure why life goes like that. But often in those moments when our life seems to be at its lowest, we are taught the most profound lessons. Life can be so unforgiving and cruel, and yet still possess a breathtaking beauty. As humans, we tend to separate ourselves for the most shallow and selfish of reasons. But in the end, our sameness should always erode away our differences. We all will experience pain and loss on this journey. We all will have our brief moments of chest-pounding triumph, to be followed by the crushing reality that we are also the frailest and weakest of beings.

"My hope for the New Year is for people to understand how fleeting our health, our wealth and our social status can be; that life is a blend of all things, both good and bad, for all people. I hope that we learn to see that sameness - and know that, all in all, life is good.''

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bless you Rain for that brave and true Poem, I wish you many years of joy with your wonderful family and friends, the watch your life and situation with so much brave, you admire the good part of life, and you willing to forget the bad. Life is so fragile, everything you got can be changed, I always say, health is the most imortant thing, all come after.

Happy and healthy new year, enjoy your grandchildren they are wonderful Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't really consider this a poem, but I do consider life itself poetry, and this however much we would not like it to be, is life. Have you read the book Tuesdays with Morrie?

Happy new year to you too,
J.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"As humans, we tend to separate ourselves for the most shallow and selfish of reasons.
But in the end, our sameness should always erode away our differences."

I am in awe. How eloquently you have expressed what I have always held to be a universal truth - that we are really all the same no matter what labels are put on us.

And I don't know why it is that only through suffering comes enlightenment, but it is certainly true.

I really enjoyed reading this beautiful reminder to love and laugh and live in the moment. To know that no matter the color of our skin, who we pray to, or where we live, we are all the same.

Thanks, you made my day.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Words of beauty. :) We should all appreciate life so much. I especially appreciated the part where you said that its when you are at your lowest points that you learn the most profound lessons. I have found this to be infinitly true. My life has been anything but happy, but I wouldn't be who I am today had those things not happened. Life is a beautiful "blend" and each one of us should take that incredible beauty in. Thank You for such an awe-inspiring statement.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great and I guess this is exactly what we should think on the occasion of new year.
It is a very well written piece of writing and as a reader I can get that idea very well!

Have a happy and prosperous new year! :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rain, those who have been given a sentence like yours at least have the time to right themselves with God..I pity those who die with no warning and are out in sin drunk driving or on drugs etc..I told you I am praying for you every day and night..Trust in Him..He is a miracle worker..I am still here and beat the odds so far..With faith hon..you can too,,have a super Christmas and spend it letting all of those you love just how much you love and appreciate them..I wish I had let my brothers know more of how much I love them..lol and God bless...Kathie Valentine

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This hits me deep and hard, since I just went through it with my father. I cry tears of sorrow and tears of joy for you. Yes, it can be so cruel, but like you said there are golden nuggets to be found in those times of crisis. With the positive attitude you possess, you have a leg up to beat this cancer. The love of family and friends amaze me and the way that people pull from far and wide to support the loss. Yes, even now the grieving has started for you...loss of health. This piece is so well written that it blesses and brings life to all that read it. My prayers are with you, Rain.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sincere and thoughtful sentiments. Extremely moving. Thank you for sharing your strength and dedication. Many blessings to you and yours over the holidays.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I dont know what I can say that hasn't been said already. I wonderful piece my friend, and a great message. Life is good if we remain positive and focused and not dwell on the negative. Your words are truely insparational!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am with you. Morality sets in with diagnosis, of terminal and chronic illnesses. You see life for what life truly is and that is to live. Embrace the good times, morn the lost(s), and hope for the future. We need to bury the cynical thoughts and uplift the joys in life.

Well-expressed Rain and you know I'm one to the spread good will around the world too.


Posted 15 Years Ago


a powerful silent wish for the coming new year. every word is perfect in it's place. Maybe we are taught those profound lessions because we are vulnerable to accept them in our weakened states. When we are healthy, with money in our pockets and people in our corner.. we can afford to be wasteful.. or so we think. We'd all be suprised if we ever had to find out just how little we could live on. And we'd realize the things that really keep us going.

beautiful words from a beautiful soul, Rain.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2539 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2008
Last Updated on December 17, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..