Arch

Arch

A Story by Rana Adalwolfa Simon
"

Something random I wrote a while back. I think it was supposed to be the first chapter of a book I was going to just let write itself. Just never let it write the next chapter...

"

December 7th, 2076

3:28 a.m.

 

I don’t remember the plane ride.  I’m starting to think I’m scared of heights.  Blacked out and now that I’m on the ground I’ll be good.  The security officer gave me his pen while he calls his boss.  As a security guard, when you find a girl standing in the middle of the exit ramp gate, staring at nowhere and silently crying, you pretty much have to do something.  Especially if she can’t even tell you her name.  Or age.  Or anything else for that matter.  I’m actually pretty damn surprised I can talk and write at all.  Reassured, but surprised. 

The guard’s name is Frank.  Bought me this notebook so I could try to think, remember things.  Easy for him to say.  It’s one thing to not remember, it’s another to have a really bad feeling that the thing you can’t remember is really important. 

 

 

7:49 a.m.

 

Managed to sneak away from Frank.  I figure the only thing I have right now is instinct, so go with it until I have something better to rely on.  Also, I think I’m on a time limit here… at least I assume so.  Found a calendar with today circled on it.  And the 10th.  And every other Wednesday and Saturday of the month.  Fabulous.  I have deadlines and no idea for what.  And I suppose I’m also left to assume that my deadline for the day has something to do with Tokyo and Zephyr?  Whoever gave me this junk could have left instructions.

 

 

12:37 p.m.

 

Guess who found Tokyo?  Yep, there’s a restaurant in the airport called Now in Tokyo.  Either convenient or completely planned.  I’ll once again assume the latter.  It’s a shame I’m apparently allergic to seafood.  Got a whiff of someone’s scallops passing by and now my face is becoming progressively itchy from the nose out.  Funny, I’m more intrigued by the fact I don’t care if I look like I’m having an allergic reaction than the fact I’m allergic at all.  Waitress is here.

 

 

12:52 p.m.

 

Found the Zephyr.  Her name is Celina “Gentle Wind” Carter, waitress of Now in Tokyo.  Interesting she’s a Navaho working in a Japanese restaurant that’s serving only Chinese and Thai food.  Apparently I’m rehearsed in Asian cuisine. 

She wouldn’t let me order.  Not like I could have eaten anything in here as it is.  But really, not even a menu?  Offer me a drink?  Nope.  Just a piece of receipt paper.  With a very well-detailed stone archway sketched on the back with Enter Here in Sharpie in the middle.  Odd, it’s almost like the words are moving.

This has got to become less subtle at some point, righ…

© 2015 Rana Adalwolfa Simon


Author's Note

Rana Adalwolfa Simon
Critique is always appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on October 20, 2015
Last Updated on October 20, 2015
Tags: random, Alice in Wonderland, arch, Tokyo, seafood, allergies, panic, amnesia

Author

Rana Adalwolfa Simon
Rana Adalwolfa Simon

About
Writing is both my profession and hobby. I hope to have a novel or two published before I die, hopefully far before then. I enjoy poetry and short stories, and novels are both a personal passion and s.. more..

Writing