Raindancer

Raindancer

A Story by Randall Lestrange
"

A similar experience like this one had happened to me many years back. I felt as though such beauty should be shared with all of you. Hope you all enjoy!

"
   The storm pressed on. Rain pounded against Earth's floor, filling Mother Nature with Father Sky's seed of life. Animals that walked among Earth's surface hid from the act of love that brought life to plants, from which they gained sustenance.
   A youthful, brown-haired, blue eyed boy danced underneath the thunder and lightning. He felt as though he took part in the mating of the earth and sky. His movements matched the fluidity of the rain, while his body stood strong as the trees who caught the majority of the water. There was no music in the background, only the pit's and pat's of the droplets that lightly thudded against the green of Nature's children.
   Yet another crack of thunder emanated from the depths of the grey clouds overhead.
   In the young boy's mind, he imagined the sound signifying yet another of the sky's cries of ecstasy. Still, his dancing continued. The movements held no pattern, for in this beautiful moment the boy felt free to dance as he pleased.
   During the intensity of a storm was the only time the young boy felt free of scrutiny that was placed upon him by the mortals that walked in and out of his life
   Through the rain, one of life's many natural cycles that kept everything in balance since the beginning of time, the young boy found self-empowerment and self-acceptance. In the forest, he felt the same freedom of the wildlife that called the beautiful place home. He was alone in a place unfamiliar to him, but oddly enough he had never felt more at him than he did now.
   Suddenly, the boy's dance was brought to a halt. Having become, too lost in the ebb and flow of his movements he had ran into a tree. His eyes now open, he had to look up, for the oak that had brought him to his conscious state of mind towered him with all its beauty and majesty. It has to be at least hundreds of years old he thought. Placing his hand on the hard, moist bark he felt a strange vibration beyond the surface. For a brief second the boy swore the tree would uproot itself and begin dancing with him.
   How could a being so still hold such life and magick?
   What stories could the tree tell?
   How many times had it played a part in the mating of the earth and sky?
   To some, his questions would come off as silly, for not many people wondered at the magnificence that life brought. Looking upward the young boy smiled, the vibration he felt growing to its highest caliber.
   A lightning bolt filled the sky, dancing from cloud to cloud. Following in its beauty, the loudest crash of thunder yet had sounded across the land, signifying Father Sky's orgasm.
   The rain had ceased, along with the vibrations of life that filled the grand oak.
   Placing a soft kiss upon the hard bark, the boy turned on his heels and began to make his way home. Anxiously, he was awaiting for the day that the sky would rain unleash its love upon Mother Nature again. His hand tingled, reminding him all that he had felt was real, and would always go with him. He was addicted now, and knew that no drug on Earth would ever match the ecstasy of when he walked with the waters of the sky, and no feeling would ever surpass that of Earth's perfect love and perfect trust.

© 2014 Randall Lestrange


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014
Tags: Spritiual, Short Story, Personal, Fiction

Author

Randall Lestrange
Randall Lestrange

About
Merry meet! I am a solitary witch, I have been practicing the craft of the old and wise for seven years now. The God and Goddess are my inspiration, Spirit is the driving force that pushes me to writ.. more..

Writing