The bet - My contest story

The bet - My contest story

A Story by Random Peter
"

How I finished this story (468 words)

"

                Josh was driving violently, still wondering if anyone was chasing him. He was so freaked out that he almost missed the gas station which he has been looking for about one and a half an hour. He checked the back once again, then took the car to the gas station. The minutes were passing by and the time in his mind was running faster than the speed of light. After a while he discovered that the workers on the gas station who were not assertive and they accidentally put Diesel instead of Regular oil. He tried to ignite the engine, but it just did not start because that diesel was stored for a couple of decades in the storage.

                He ran out from his car, took a bag with documents and started running towards Downtown hoping to catch the nearest bus at the bus stop. He got inside the bus #35 that was going to Downtown, but the gay parade on the Main Street blocked the route, so the bus stopped and the driver asked the passangers to leave the bus. Other people were running on the same street and he joined them. These runners were his potential enemies. Some people were skilled runners who were preparing for this event; others were just giving up on half way.

                Josh courageously started sprinting following runners with the same goal as he had. Some girls were so excited due to this exceptional date. But Josh did not listen to them chatting. He was running. All the business, troubles, work were simply flown away. He had his goal. And he was ready to achieve it.

                Two days before he heard that on the busiest intersection in the town, the sewage is going to be overfilled and they are almost ready to blow up and all the stuff that is inside will be flushed on the street. He was aware and totally prepared. He was planning for this and that day he recalls even today as his greatest triumph in his entire life. He jumped across the fence and continued running inside the narrow and dark streets. This was the only way to run safely and not being hit by the exploding sewage system.

                All the runners got flushed by the dirty, honestly, very dirty water, and had no chance to get into. Josh had the last 400 meters to run. His shoes were completely torn so he threw them away with the socks and ran on is bare feet. In 2 minutes he reached his destination " The royal arena. He showed his ticked to the security and they let him in. After he walked in the hall, He immediately looked at the third row. He was delighted. He came faster than his sister to the One Direction performance. He won the bet.

© 2013 Random Peter


Author's Note

Random Peter
This is how I think the story needs to end

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting...:) So you like One Direction?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Aarea

10 Years Ago

I never have the patience to read novels on here. If I'm going to read a long story, I need it in fr.. read more
Random Peter

10 Years Ago

I know, it is very tireful reading something on the computer screen
Aarea

10 Years Ago

Ya there is no difference or changes or anything. Hey, I have to go for a while, if you want to talk.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013

Author

Random Peter
Random Peter

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada



About
Hi my name is Peter. Welcome to my profile page. I am a casual and a common writer, and my main specialization in writing novels. Don't like short stuff. Roses are red Violets are blue I am also.. more..

Writing
Screw Screw

A Poem by Random Peter