Chapter 4 - The Unknown savior

Chapter 4 - The Unknown savior

A Chapter by Random Peter
"

Travelling back to the past at looking at the different perspective on the MIND experiment.

"

CHAPTER 4 �" UNKNOWN SAVIOR

October 15, 2019 Days go by so quickly and time cannot be returned back. Today my struggle for paper continues. This is my last sheet of paper that Brandon gave to me and this day, I need to go back to Downtown and get myself like hundred papers bundle. Computer would let me write this thing faster, but where am I supposed to switch it on and my talons are too big to press those tiny buttons.

Downtown was the main field for massive destruction and open warfare. Now it is absolutely calm. The aftermath of our battle left some black cars, burned by fire, corpses of soldiers and just ordinary breathlessly lying people. The UICC building was safe because of its shield, designed, obviously, by UICC. It prevented any attempts to enter the building and the fire or blast shots would reflect from it. I was approaching to it, meanwhile exploring some other houses and offices nearby.

The thoughts about Brandon could not leave me even today, but who has time to think about the past. One very wise human once said “Kill all the dead people in your mind and destroy the thoughts about those dead people.” Absolutely right. You cannot reborn them. It is out of my and our powers.

I hid in the debris and commenced hopelessly looking at the back door of UICC building. Why? Who knows why? Spontaneous and unexpected things sometimes happen and have a tendency to co-create our future on the same level as predictable motions. Something unexpected stays in our memories forever. It is same as watching a horror movie and when you get scared, sometimes almost to death, this picture from that particular movie stays forever in a memory bank. But this situation was a bit different. As I said, everything is done on purpose, it was not like “I just want to watch the door.”

Mr. Klebnitz was on the top floor with his co-workers. He had an enormous military base located up there, however, the shield can protect them even from a small nuclear explosion. All of the people were scared to death and nobody wanted to leave the penthouse. After a week of staying there, their food supplies probably ran out, but nobody desired to exit the vault. All these science geeks, who made tons of materials about dragons are scared even more, because they know what happens when a dragon makes a blast shot into the body. Under perfect conditions, the body gets all the energy and explodes. That is why, I never kill with a shot. It creates a mess, and as I am a guy, I do not prefer to clean after myself. Also, I need to mention, that I do not like to deal with fat people, if you read the sentence above, you will understand.

The hours were passing by, the dark night was approaching to the city. The silence, that specific silence is the scariest. You do not know what is going to happen next. My big stack of paper is sealed in the small suitcase that I have found in the office building. I left it there, not to keep it with me all the time. Nobody will ever find it.

I was playing a safe waiting game, patience is the clue to win. Patience, have you ever thought about it. Sometimes, the desire to get something blocks the blood flow to the brain, figuratively, of course, and a person cannot think bright. He just wants something. Knowing WHAT you want and WHY is the clue to our survival. As a matter of fact, it strictly depends on purpose: WHAT FOR?

The back door slightly opened and a blurry person went out of the building. I was watching the man from far away and at the same time silently crouching and following the mysterious figure.

“Who is here?” A women’s voice resonated from the debris. “I know I am not alone here. Who are you?” I was silently hiding across the street on the rooftop. “Who are you?” She repeated “I have a gun!” She suddenly yelled so I got that much scared that I instantaneously jumped back and the roof crashed underneath so I fell 4 floors down and crashed into the concrete street. “I knew that!” She yelled again and led her way to me.

“Wait, you do not understand!” I told her “I won’t harm you!”

She came closer to me and the dusty fog gradually disappeared.  The lady instantly recognized me and her smile appeared on her face.

“Holy Molly! Ish, is that you?” She exclaimed in delight

“Kendra, I have not seen you for a while.” I responded with the same smile.

“Ish, you just cannot be that close to UICC, there are cameras everywhere. If they see us together, that’s it, we are both dead.

“Kendra, I am sorry to ask you that, but do you have some paper?” I showed her all my handwriting and she definitely got interested in it.

“What is that?” She asked me

“It is the ancient holy script written by the first dragon leader!” I replied with an exciting facial expression, trying to show how valuable this thing is. She stood still and was continuously staring at the paper pile. “Hah, I’m just kidding! It is my autobiography!”

She stepped aside laughing at me and then said “So you need more paper to continue writing? Why did not you just say so?”

“Kendra, I just asked this question a minute ago.” After that, she became sober again, and tried to say something but then changed her mind.

“No you did not!” She yelled “You asked me if I have some paper, but you did not mention your writing!” Oh, arguing with Kendra has no sense.

“Okay, you win.” I confessed

“Fine, I will try to get you some.” She smiled again and went back to the building.

Twelve minutes later, on the sixty ninth floor, the glass broke and an average sized bag, which was thrown out of it, commenced free falling from the sky. It was flying for a long time until it reached the ground; I caught it right before it landed on the concrete street. I promptly flew away and not it is time to see what is inside.

* * *

Perhaps it is not a big deal for you, but what I have seen right now, excites me more than 99% discount for Bugatti. Anyway, it will cost you ten to seventeen thousand dollars, so even if it was real, I still would not buy it. Oh, wait, how much was it again?

 

The bag was piled with paper, and I am sure that I will have enough to get his thing done. So now I do not need to worry about getting outside and taking risk on getting killed. Why won’t I just go back, to my home, to the Island of Hope? I infer that the city gives me more inspiration than dragons do. The daylight vanished and the Downtown became covered in darkness. I am not able to write properly so why not take a nap...

October 16, 2019 Early morning right now, I have found a new pen, so now it is easier to write. Yesterday, I have not checked the back pockets, and now, I have found one thing that I have not expected to see. A compact disk. I do not have a computer, to check what is inside, but I will try to find one.

This just cannot be, I cannot believe in what I see, no, it must be fake. The recordings, cameras in the tube lab, when I was inside my mind, how? How did they get on this disk? And why? Right beside the disk I found and envelope which says "Ish, discover the truth. - Kendra"

I cannot show it to you, unfortunately, but what I see! It is just unbelievable, amazing, I did not expect to even see that. Nevermind, I am simply too nervous. Although, I have no idea who are you it is still frightening to tell the truth about myself.

That day, when it all started, I went inside the tube...

* * *

Mr. Klebnitz went from side to side, checking the monitors and looking after other workers, who did not seem to be involved in the process. Jeffrey was an operator, Kendra was sitting on the side, reading the materials about the machine. After a while, the monitors started beeping and the flashes started to appear on the screens. Then, everyone was watching the screens turn colorful and show objects. Next, they saw me, lying in my bed, in the exact same room, where I woke up for the first time inside my mind.

"Success..." Boss delightfully whispered "Guys!" He turned to his co-workers "This is our success! We did it." People started applauding, with numerous smiles on their faces

<...>

I was giving my speech to the dragons, all of the workers were fascinated by my ability to express myself. Probable, they were all nerds, without a simple ability to show a variety of emotions. I was an ideal person for them to look and borrow important features.

"This boy," Jeffrey started "Has so many dragons in his mind!"

Kendra joined the conversation "Look!" She pointed at the screen "Look, how well are all of them detailed! Something is wrong here, because humans are lack some details."

"It is very obvious!" Mr. Klebnitz responded "He is basically obsessed with them. That's it!"

"Nice opinion, but too bad that it does not match mine." A tall and intelligent person said with a smile sitting in the back of the lab "Sydney, he was always an outcast from his family. He found that dragons were closer to him than his parents, and now he has an imaginary world full of them."

"But why did he choose dragons?" Jeffrey got involved too "Why not furries?" The whole lab got caught by this joke and everybody started laughing including even Mr. Klebnitz and that man.

"Ask that by yourself when he gets out" the same man angrily replied “It is his right to believe in what he wants to believe.”

“So you mean that he thinks that dragons are real? Nonsense!” Jeffrey yelled “Do you even know who am I?” he continued “I know the history better than everybody in this room. Dragons have never existed!”

“But what if they just did not show up?!” The mysterious man yelled back waving with his hands

Mr. Klebnitz stood up from his chair and came between the arguing couple “Ladies, ladies, calm down. I understand that we have so much pressure coming on us right now, but still, let’s be quiet.” He stopped and looked at Jeff with a cute and humorous smile. “Who are you?” Boss asked the man at the back

“Does it matter? You are going to fire me right now anyway.” He lit up a new pipe and continued smoking his aroma herbs. “What if I told you, that I know more about this machine than you do all combined.”

“Stop saying s**t, b*****d!” Jeff screamed and then immediately calmed down after Klebnitz punched him into the stomach and threw back on his chair.

“I am sorry,” The man addressed to Jeffrey “But my name is not b*****d.” He came to the boss and made a handshake “George Caver, doctoral in phycology and master in behavior prediction, that was a strange course, wasn’t it? And I was a navy seal too.”

Jeff turned back on and again joined the conversation “It is so immature! You believe that crazy boy and this retarded seal?”

“Did you believe in Santa when you were young, Jeff?”

“No!” He yelled “He does not exist!”

“Wrong answer, we were best friends in our elementary, but suddenly you decided to show off in front of your friends and started bulling me. You were obsessed with that man with a white beard and his elves.”

The group laughed at Jeffrey and he obviously got pretty mad “You are all retarded!” he screamed.

“Why don’t you just shut up.” George said and punched Jeff one more time in his stomach. Jeff lied in his chair without any want to move.

“That is very nice of you,” Boss replied “Now, I would like everybody to get back to work and do not screw up our project of all time.”

<…>

My first death match with a dragon ended as a win on my side, which made the workers feel better. At UICC every single person was shocked so much like they gave birth to 3 children in one day; this is how they were shocked. Would you be less exited? The machine showed an extreme overload and an overpowered system that can generate past, present in real time and generate a complete complex characters and sequences of events. The staff was constantly monitoring my health and my survival potential. I was losing blood and my hand was so injured and broken that I thought about cutting it out that time.

The whole office was silent, looking at me being carried by a red dragon; they couldn’t do anything. If there was a chance to interrupt the sequence and extract me, of course they would use this opportunity, but fortunately they decided to continue.

“Jeffrey!” Mr. Klebnitz said “Call the priest, ask him to prey for Sydney.”

Jeffery immediately left the office. Kendra then asked Mr. Klebnitz

“Boss, will this actually help? Prays?”

“I am not sure, I just made up a reason for Jeff to leave the lab, that’s it.”

The personnel got back their honest smiles and continued working. Kendra asked again “how can we end the sequence so Sydney will not die?”

“I have no idea…” Mr. Klebnitz sad with a depressed face. “We were not prepared for this type of the situation.”

“So, Sydney will die inside his ideal reality. It is incredible.” The lab assistant said “He is such a poor boy.”

“How about we end it now?” Another person stood up from the tables “Why does he need to suffer? The dragons will tear him into pieces. How about we disconnect the power?”

“We have no other choice, Kendra, disconnect him” Boss moaned approaching to his seat. He sat down and opened the protection for his red button designed to disconnect the power.

“Boss!” George shouted from the back rows “I think I know what to do.”

“Go for it, my science fellow.” Klebnitz sadly replied

“You said that the mouse enjoyed the cheese planet and escaped when the time ran out, right?”

“Yes, so what?”

“The MIND works on his side. It is his ideal reality!!! The machine created it for him to enjoy it!”

“And?”

“He needs to fix everything! And then, when he becomes satisfied of his reality and the time runs out he will come back to this world!”

Kendra stood up and interrupted George “But what if he will not be able to do that? What if?”

Mr. Klebnitz answered “If not, the memory will run out and his mind will be formatted inside the processor. In other words, he will become a total idiot with IQ less than a butterfly has.

“Sounds very optimistic.” She added turning back to the screens

“Wait!” George yelled at the personnel “Why are you all giving up?”

Boss approached George and whispered “Now, we can only pray” He went to the switchboard and turned off the lights in the lab. “George, you already saved his life, there is nothing else that we can do. If you will be right about it, I will give you ten percent of the money that we receive.”

“Are you making money right now, how?” George curiously asked

“No…” Boss replied “Not even a cent”

Lab got absolutely mad “So what? Is this volunteering? We stay here for fifteen hours a day just to have fun?” The worker cried at Mr. Klebnitz. Most of the staff members stood up and commenced a riot heading to their boss “We want our money!!!”

“Stop that!” George yelled at the crowd “Shut up! Let’s think of something that can generate a lot of money via this project.”

“What are you talking about? This was the last chance for UICC to get into positive budget.” The worker said “If they will not make profits in this arrangement, we will stay without our paychecks!”

George started thinking and he looked like an old scientist trying to prove something extremely hard “Think guys, think!”

“What do you want, George?” Boss asked him

“Cooperation… Investments… MEDIA!!!” George happily screamed and started dancing in a hip-hop style, however he looked like seventy years old. “We can sell it to the TV channels with the highest rating!”

“Brilliant…” Klebnitz lost his ability to speak “George, send a request mail to all of the national channels and tell them about this thing. If it works out, we will get millions and millions of dollars.”

“So what do we need to do now?” Another staff member asked the boss.

 “Nobody is dismissed, half of you may sleep, half will work. We have a movie to watch.”

The staff ordered coffee and stayed in the lab. The lights were off and the atmosphere of death was capturing the minds of workers. The movie was still on.

<…>

After my encounter with the dragons, I fell asleep in my new room.

“Guys,” George started “We have received a mail from couple of the government channels.”

“What did they say?” Klebnitz went closer to George

“We can broadcast it. On the news, on the channel, anywhere. It is a profit of couple of millions each second. Everybody will watch!” - George stopped for a moment, stared at the screen and then continued - “Everything that happens on the screen is uncontrollable. He, and I mean Sydney, will not discover that and will continue behaving as he is. He can become popular, we become rich. We get money; he gets glory and a part of our revenue. We both benefit!”

Mr. Klebnitz was staring at the floor with his arms locked behind “Deal with it. Tell all the information it to the channel that agrees to pay the highest price for broadcasting this show live. If we succeed, you all will get double salary.”

Everybody in the lab started vigorously applauding and got extremely delighted by this unexpected news. George went back to his workplace and other workers numerous times said “thank you” to him. “Now,” Mr. Klebnitz interfered into the party “Enjoy the movie!” The staff bought some popcorn and pizza from the local shop and started eating, but still watching me on the screen.

<…>

The recording stopped for a couple of seconds. I almost thought that it was the end, but…

The Hellrigh airport, the place where I was reborn, George was there. The fire was everywhere, people were screaming. I fell down, I was lying pressed my a concrete panel and was hardly staying alive. George was at the office, watching everyone, and being aware of what and where was the fight happening. He came to the place where I was buried and dropped a letter into the crack.

<…>

My life is a complete mystery, I know less than I should have known. Who knew that, that I live right now, simply because the unknown Mr. Caver saved my life twice, or even three times. How many more unsung heroes are we going to meet on our way to the present time. Nobody knows, neither do I.



© 2013 Random Peter


Author's Note

Random Peter
Hey, readers, enjoy my new chapter,
Do not forget to be critical and show off my mistakes as my English sucks!
Thanks,
~Random Peter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013


Author

Random Peter
Random Peter

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada



About
Hi my name is Peter. Welcome to my profile page. I am a casual and a common writer, and my main specialization in writing novels. Don't like short stuff. Roses are red Violets are blue I am also.. more..

Writing
Screw Screw

A Poem by Random Peter