SHOULD JERUSALEM BE SPLIT BETWEEN THE ISRAELIS & THE PALESTINIANS?

SHOULD JERUSALEM BE SPLIT BETWEEN THE ISRAELIS & THE PALESTINIANS?

A Story by Rashir

In a word - absolutely not. Although the notion has been tossed around University campuses worldwide (probably more so outside of Israel, than in Israel itself), as well as many coffee houses and pubs, this issue was considered "taboo" for decades. Israelis from the entire spectrum from the religious right to the secular left, have for the most part agreed on perhaps two things since the re-establishment of the Jewish state. The two of them being:

a) bringing more Jewish children into the world is a very good thing and b) Jerusalem is the eternal and undivided capital of Israel and the Jewish people. Fullstop. Period. Over & Out.

Why? Well, many reasons. First of all, I'm going to assume that most people who will take the time out to read this are American. Being that this assumption may be so, I'm going to respond to this question with a question, "would any American even dare consider to carve up Washington DC into seperate capitals, one being for Americans and one being for another people"?

I know, it sounds mad. Well, it IS mad. Its absolutely insane. The home of American Justice, The Bill of Rights, The President, The House of Representatives, Congress, and everything else that has to do with the very foundation of the USA, 50% of which should be given over to an enemy entity whose sole purpose is to wipe out the USA?

Are you with me now?

Oh..and I nearly forgot to touch upon my last statement, "a people whose sole purpose is to wipe out the USA". Now, put it in perspective and state it this way, "a people whose sole purpose is to push all of the Jews into the Mediterranean Sea". This statement, though paraphrased was in the Palestinian National Charter. To my knowledge, its sentiment still remains amongst many Palestinian statesmen. Furthermore Arab children throughout P.A. controlled areas in the Shomron, Judea and in eastern Jerusalem read how evil Jews and Israel are. Its read everyday as its written in their school textbooks. Though its been a while and we Israelis have survived at least two wars since the Oslo Accords, these antizionist sentiments were supposed to be erased from Palestinian textbooks as well as the Palestinian Charter many years ago once the late Yitzchak Rabin and his Partner in Peace, Yasir Arafat shook hands and smiled at one another so sweetly on the White House lawn.

To date, though I'm sure that there are exceptions to the rule, Arabs who are known as Palestinians still have vehement and venomous attitudes towards Israelis, Jews and Israel. Bombs are shot into Sderot somewhat regularly, though theres been some improvement and this was AFTER Israelis were dragged out of their homes in neighborhoods like Gush Qatif and Nof Yam in Gaza. We were supposed to have peace afterwards and Kindergardens in Sderot are still used as targets by well armed Palestinian terrorists in Gaza.

Now we're supposed to give up part of Jerusalem?

Peoples..are you mad?

© 2014 Rashir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014
Tags: Jerusalem, Israel, Palestine

Author

Rashir
Rashir

Ra'anana, HaSharon, Israel



About
Hi. I'm Rashi, nearly 47 years old living in Ra'anana with my wife, 4 sons and the family dog. I'm in Affiliate and Network Marketing and I'm also an actor. Originally from New York we moved to Isra.. more..

Writing
"Stay Focused"! "Stay Focused"!

A Story by Rashir