I'm 18 and I'm still young.

I'm 18 and I'm still young.

A Story by Rassoul
"

to the young people, be strong.

"
I'm such a young soul, a young soul who has to take a lot of mature decisions at a young age. I have to take decisions about my current and my future life, like school, you've to choose what to study and depends on it you'll have your future job. You're not even sure if your decisions is wrong or right, you just have to decide because your decision will shape your entire future life. Isn't it weird? A person's mature life depends on an Eighteen years old kid's decision, word up.
They tell you what is wrong and what is right, they tell you what to eat, where to sit and what you should do about a lot of things when you're young, and one year later, when you're 'mature' enough as they say, you take your own decisions, wrong or right? who cares, as long as the results will only mess you up.
You've to choose the love of your life, the one who is going to live more than twenty years with you, the one who's going to share every moment with you and you've to decide if this person is right or wrong for you, your call.
You'll get into some relationships, real love or fake one you just have to go through it, you'll have a lot of heartbreaks, it is a normal thing for a teen but you're still young for all this pain. Pain changes people.
I'm eighteen, I'm still going through a lot of stuff to have more experience about everything, so when I take a decision, I hope it's right. I'm eighteen and I'm still young.
-Rassoul.

© 2017 Rassoul


Author's Note

Rassoul
Just some opinions about teenage stuff.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I will review in Arabic just for once because I wanna speak from my heart 😢
اول مقطع صح جداااااا و الثانوية العامة خير دليل ، بيخلونا نختار مستقبلنا و حياتنا كلها واحنا لسه مش عارفين اي حاجه ف الدنيا
تاني مقطع تحفة وفعلا هو ده اللي بيحصل للاسف تحكم ف كل شيء
الخلاصة المقطع جميل ومعبر وصادق جدا
Keep it up 😃✌

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aside from school the mistakes we make provide us with the best education. None of us, I'm sure, always make the "right" choices, but learning from the "wrong" ones is probably the most important thing. As to love, it will come and go you will test it and it will surely test you. Still you must seek it and when you find it, really find it, cherish it and be thankful.
Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


You are young my friend.
"I'm eighteen, I'm still going through a lot of stuff to have more experience about everything, so when I take a decision, I hope it's right. I'm eighteen and I'm still young."
You have a long journey. I hope at least 90 years. Thank you Rassoul for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote


Posted 6 Years Ago


You are still young and that's what life is about, making mistakes, chasing hearts that aren't meant for you, feeling pain you didn't know was even a feeling, all this makes you a unique character to the world

Posted 6 Years Ago


life is about making choices, doesn't matter right or wrong, it's about living fully.
you can fix mistakes and you learn from them, you grow .
forget what say and listen to you heart and inner self it will lead the way.
you always surprise me with your writings.


Posted 6 Years Ago


I relate so much to this poem! T_T I'm not even 18 but I always see the expectant looks of people telling me I should decide fast and sure... but what if I wanted to change paths? Your work has really help ease my troubles thank you.


Posted 6 Years Ago


I think you've done a great job of showing us the scramble of worries in a young person's head. Even tho I have learned all these worries are not necessary, when you're 18, it's very real. I remember choosing my college studies -- I picked something I hate (engineering), but when I went to work later on, I ended up becoming a technical writer, which I very much love. So even if you do make a mistake, life has a way of leading you to the right outcome anyway. You'll learn to be less hard on yourself for making mistakes. I never learned anything when life was easy. Your writing is nicely honest & straightforward & full of relatable feelings. I reviewed something else of yours this morning & I laughed when you wrote that it had been created a long time ago (18 months!) Now that I know you're 18, I can understand why 18 months feels like a long time! (((HUGS)))

Posted 6 Years Ago


Yep, you pretty much pointed out the flaws in society.

"You hit the nail right on the hammer,"
No More Dead Dogs, Gordan Korman.

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
So true. You can't buy cigarettes but you can join the army or school your entire future careers layout.

We really have a fucked up way about society.

Posted 6 Years Ago


love it!!! so honest, so pure!! love it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CMC
Our future is entirely shaped by our decisions and our character. We have to choose a lot of things, stick to them, and we have to learn that we will mess up in the process. Being young is the most powerful burden because you're oblivious to the future that you spend years preparing for. Exceptional writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1341 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2017
Last Updated on June 17, 2017
Tags: Young, Eighteen, People

Author

Rassoul
Rassoul

Cairo, Egypt



About
I write to survive, I write to satisfy the devil inside. Omar Ashraf who also known as Rassoul. more..

Writing
I can't I can't

A Story by Rassoul



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Photograph.... Photograph....

A Poem by Surya