The Journey

The Journey

A Poem by Raymond Federle
"

The Journey

"


From what country of thought, seeks a man, the Devil.

Twilight, while the failing sun lies sinister and tiny on his face.


Beyond the shadows the Devil keeps walking, brooding and darkening in his demeanor.


He's a long way from home and camps lightly on his thoughts this night.


Arid signs before the fire of his youth, he burns memories like kindle wood.


He sees the signs in the smokey ashes of his life and would atone for the misgivings of his faith.


From what country of thought, could such a man seek the road back to his heart?


Nameless and trying to recall his thoughts, he has grown old all through his life.


He wonders what memories God would take comfort in to seek shelter from the last of days.


When the world was new and death stayed his hand.

© 2014 Raymond Federle


Author's Note

Raymond Federle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You're a master of horror and myth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me, this poem is about sin and purification. I may be wrong, but I can't be wrong about the writing. It's a great mix of poetry, horror, and myth, which in turns gives it a mystical essence. Great poem!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raymond Federle

10 Years Ago

thx.......insert smiley face here>>>>>



Reviews

Very deep and thought creating in my mind. I really enjoyed this one today.

Posted 9 Years Ago


That was very well done.
good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Raymond Federle

10 Years Ago

thank you!!!!! :)
stars are far

10 Years Ago

my pleasure :)
I congratulate you as a fellow writer. I like how you explore the unknown and the taboo and bend it to your will. There are many juxtapositions in life which go unnoticed. Thank you for sharing this Raymond Federle.

- sonnetmoon

Posted 10 Years Ago


Raymond Federle

10 Years Ago

thanks sonnet
You're a master of horror and myth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me, this poem is about sin and purification. I may be wrong, but I can't be wrong about the writing. It's a great mix of poetry, horror, and myth, which in turns gives it a mystical essence. Great poem!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raymond Federle

10 Years Ago

thx.......insert smiley face here>>>>>
Well, he's been a bit of a devil so no cookies for him lol ;) Powerful wording hon x

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very original thought about how the devil might feel. Is he lamenting over the decisions that have made him infamous; or, does he not regret a thing he's done, and is only ruminating o the inevitable fate of his choices? A new favorite for me!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Atmospheric and eerie, this is a very cool write, Ray. Some images here that will stay with me...

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a great story...I've always been fascinated by the way Satan has been portrayed historically in art. Wherever a direct dialogue with God is involved, guess who always gets the cool lines. In movies, guess who gets the cool scenes. In fine art, guess who always gets the most vivid colours. Seduction is said to be the Devil's greatest attribute, and it's kind of eerie how that plays out in art, and our acceptance and enjoyment of it. But maybe this is an everyman-type metaphor for a jaded old man reflecting on his chances of salvation. Lots of food for thought in this one, very cool piece :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very much an adventure, isn't it? To travel so far from home only to wonder wear to go next after all that has happened.
I believe whether or not you can find your way back depends on the person.
First you have to be willing, then you have to find your way.
Well done! ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


This really stands out and sounds epic, it could be the intro to a story, the sinister overtones do remind me of the Stand by Stephen King. You have created great atmosphere and intrigue with this alone, write on please

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

742 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 18, 2014

Author

Raymond Federle
Raymond Federle

Cumberland, MD



About
I've always been a jack of all trades. I've been a poet, author, social commentator, comedian, online gamer, pod cast host, and Youtuber. I've had a class A license to drive semi truck over the road. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..