A respite in shadow

A respite in shadow

A Poem by Razer990

"The entire world felt like a shallow grave, and I simply couldn't bear the pressure any longer. I grew claustrophobic and violent, frantically trying to claw my way to the glassy surface. This ocean of humanity was trying to drag me under, to drown me, and I feared it would inevitably succeed. When I finally came to the far edge of sanity, something stirred in the darkness. In desperation I reached out, and against all rationality and hope, I felt an echo in the stillness. I heard your heart beating, and in that moment I knew...you were in the darkness with me..."

© 2017 Razer990


Author's Note

Razer990
Any feedback is appreciated. Share if you enjoyed it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loneliness kills and it is good to have somebody who will understand us...
The entire narrative is well-penned making the readers almost feel the desperation of the character.
Keep it up and keep sharing your work....:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Razer990

6 Years Ago

Thank you Naat
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

My pleasure......
Razer990

6 Years Ago

If you like that one might enjoy my piece Solitudes paradox.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 11, 2017
Last Updated on May 11, 2017

Author

Razer990
Razer990

Oakville, WA



About
I am an aspiring, currently unschooled writer. I write everything from poetry to fantasy, sci-fy and even music. I don't really have any other writer friends to discuss my work with. I'm an amateur at.. more..

Writing