Shards of madness

Shards of madness

A Story by Razer990
"

This is the beginning of what I hope to be a very compelling, Hunter S. Thompson esc story of poisonous love and reckless abandon.

"
I still don’t know how any of us survived, for we railed against life itself. Drunkenly staggering on bare feet across the jagged shards of madness.
Relentlessly stalked by sobriety. Lost in a world so mundane and trivial that we lashed out like frantic wild things at everything and anyone around us.
Never really knowing what it was that we so desperately sought, only that it was not this. Only that we had no dreams for ourselves except for dreams of escape. Only that, we had to get out!
I can’t speak for the others, but for my part, I was filled to the brim with illusion and contempt.
Contempt for all of the people who stood around us in a mindless cluster, because in their weakness, they had resigned to this stagnant pseudo-reality that had been placed before us like a bland, flavorless plate of prison food. As if the entire world fully expected us to just swallow the pointlessness of their shabby, makeshift society, and shamble along quietly as pure, simple joy and the freedom of unfettered philosophy fell through our hands like smoke.
Truth be told, in my own weakness, I wanted only to smother it all. To hold beneath the surface and drown the entire world in liquor, sex and drugs, until the bubbles waned and I burned alive in my own skin.
I did a lot of things I had never thought I was capable of.
I lied for the sake of it, reveling in the deceit. I stole for a thrill, seeking in vain hope for the feeling of possession. I fought in the streets, with no regard for my life or the life of others and I broke the hearts of those who wanted nothing more than to save me from myself. I was a faithless conman, a brilliant savage and a careless fool, and despite all of the regret I’ve swallowed in my blatant avarice, at the time…I loved every minuet of it.

© 2017 Razer990


Author's Note

Razer990
Feel free to speak your mind

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, I love it. I often wonder

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Razer990

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2017
Last Updated on May 15, 2017

Author

Razer990
Razer990

Oakville, WA



About
I am an aspiring, currently unschooled writer. I write everything from poetry to fantasy, sci-fy and even music. I don't really have any other writer friends to discuss my work with. I'm an amateur at.. more..

Writing