Crows

Crows

A Chapter by Robin
"

inebriated

"

when I was younger, I had the chance to meet a fellow who had a still - Cornmash whiskey .

   one day we happened to be there, when he had diposed of the alchohol laden mash into nearby field behind his rural home.  we sat out there talking , me listening, when he said , "here they come ",  pointing to a flock of crows .  They soon found the mash  and began consuming it - and getting drunk . 

    it was happy hour for these birds . we sat their laughing with them , I swear they would look at each other and in their now inebriated call,  poke fun at each other - You are soooo drunk , nooo , you are soooo drunk .  they would waddle around , tripping over their feet  , and once and awhile one would decide to try and fly - with predictable result -  up it would go circling and then one could tell, it realized this was a bad, bad idea and attempt a soft landing - keyword attempt.  the poor bird usually came in hard and fast , crashing into a few others on the ground trying to wave off their drunk friend.

eventually,  they all waddled off to the shade of the walnut trees and managed to find roost and sleep it off .  memories .



© 2010 Robin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A murder of drunken crows! That is priceless.. what a great memory and so funny.
I saw a documentary about monkeys drinking they were hilarious!
Great memory..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


i admit (shamefully) that i once served peanuts and beer to my dog - and the image of that poor dog sitting on its butt and not being able to focus and then snoring like hell all night long...and the obvious hangover it suffered from the next morning...i think i'll burn in hell for that :))))))))))

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's funny--drunken crows. Dad and his brothers made moonshine back in the twenties and thirties, and he said they'd always feed the mash solids to the pigs. Same thing--drunken pigs.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i remember a few nights out with the boys...oh, the ways of crows are more than caw caw caw

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

`````
"don't drink and fly"

cute!
This was funny, thank you for sharing!
*giggles*

Posted 13 Years Ago


Brilliant, that image of drunk birds will stay with me all day and keep me smiling.........I bet it was the best time they had, and you wrote it so beautifully with great description!Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL!!!!~ don't drink and fly!!!~

seriously I have always found crows and ravens to be imbued with rich personality~ we had a slew of them in Rumany when I was coming up~they congregated around the berry orchards and the brandy stills~ lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
7 Reviews
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010


Author

Robin
Robin

CA



About
I am a man , I breathe nature , I listen to the stars , I speak dream , music is my life blood , my words pour from my heart . I observe , my hands express . Feel my words , look as deeply into yo.. more..

Writing
Saudade Saudade

A Poem by Robin


Instinct Instinct

A Poem by Robin


Listening ~ Listening ~

A Poem by Robin