Creature Feature

Creature Feature

A Story by Mr Alednac

     It was a typical Friday night for Timmy Montemayor, his parents were out working late tonight, so Timmy was on his own as always.  The Montemayor family couldn't afford a babysitter but they managed to live quite comfortably which is all that mattered, that is until tonight.

     Friday night was where Timmy could stay up late and watch the weekly monster flick on the television, giant bugs, radioactive lizards, the red menace, and invaders from Mars.  Timmy loved all of it.  From the cheaply made films with non nonsensical violence to the more liberal and big budget sci-films with so many philosophical questions.  Tonight's film was going to be The War of the Radioactive Arachnids, a movie about Giant spiders fight Giant scorpions over a small town in the middle of nowhere and the winning species would devour the townsfolk, but the humans in the town learn to take a stand and fight off the spiders and scorpions.  With Timmy's weekly dollar, he would ride his bicycle into town and buy as much junk food as he can, a bottle of soda pop, Twinkies, candies, and basically anything with sugar.  Timmy prepared his cinema feast and turned on the tube, he manually changed the dial to the channel and sat back to watch his film.  

     The film had begun; Timmy was amazed about the movie's setting.  It took place in a town that looked his, it was a small town.  The kind where everyone knew everyone and no one had to lock their doors at night.  What a cool coincidence, thought Timmy as he watched the movie where the two Finklestein kids play out in the yard when all of a sudden a giant scorpion came out and snatched the kids and while the scorpion made off with the kids in his mandibles, a giant spider appeared and they began fighting over the cold lifeless bodies that hung out of the scorpion's mouth.  Jellyfied blood was oozing from the bodies as the scorpion clamped its insect teeth, Timmy had never such heavy images from a film before, he was thoroughly intrigued as he pumped whipped cream into his Twinkies.  The scorpion won the fight against the spider, and as the scorpion swallowed the mashed up pulp that used to be the Finklestein kids, he then began picking at the dead spider.  

     An hour and a half later the film ended with the townsfolk winning their battle against both the scorpions and the spiders.  Luckily, a scientist was in town when the ordeal began so he devised up plans on how to kill the creatures.  He planned to let the creatures fight each other and then that's when the humans would attack using gasoline bombs and fire, the battle with many casualties but the scientist and the attractive female survived along with a few others, but the film ended badly.  At the last minute both a baby scorpion and baby spider laid their radioactive eggs into the bodies of the dead, and those bodies were being transported to Washington to be further studied.  

     Timmy was scared witless; he began to feel paranoid, more than usual this time.  Every little crack and thump he heard was intensified.  It was 10:30 p.m., his folks should have been back home by now.  Then, Timmy heard something rustling in the bushes outside his house.  He went to his kitchen drawer and grabbed a flashlight and his bb gun from his room.  He slowly walked outside, it was darker than usual and to look for comfort, Timmy looked at the moon but he couldn't find the moon outside.  The rustling began again, he walked towards the bush and saw a hole, and Timmy was relieved to see what he believed to be a gopher hole.  Timmy looked away from the bush and noticed his parent's car in the driveway.  He eagerly ran to the car but his relieved state morphed into a hysterical state.  Timmy saw the car filled with webs and his parents were cocooned within the car!  Timmy ran away screaming towards his house, but before he could reach the front door a large scorpion burrowed out of Timmy's front lawn and he sank down the hole.  He frantically tried to climb out but a scorpion stinger tail wrapped around his waist and drew him further down into the scorpion's lair.  And little Timmy Montemayor was never seen again.        

 

© 2013 Mr Alednac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on May 20, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013
Tags: sci-fi, creatures, radioactive, cheesey, corny, 50's, movies, small town, monsters, spiders, scorpion, giant

Author

Mr Alednac
Mr Alednac

CA



About
I like to write scary stories, funny stories, and the occasional love poem. more..

Writing
Feelings Feelings

A Poem by Mr Alednac