Weeping Willow

Weeping Willow

A Poem by Perry
"

A change of tune for me, more naturalistic spiritual flare.

"

Weeping Willow

Watching this world be destroyed,

without a voice to deploy.

Weeping willow dry your tears,

still so wise beyond your years.

 

With roots grounded in Mother Earth

this humble, wise willow tree.

With weeping branches that touch the ground,

she's a circuit for natural energy.

 

To grow with all her might,

trying to reach the heaven's in the sky,

she radiates and glimmers,

like she has reached the stars

in her mind's eye.

 

Great is her size,

wide are her eyes,

to watch the earth live and die.

Deep her roots run, reaching for the sun

this is what it is to truly be alive.

 

 

 

© 2009 Perry


Author's Note

Perry
Idk one day I was just chillin outside looking at the trees and i just thought, you know some people may think being a tree would be boring as hell, cant really move around or walk, talk, or anything really. But I was thinking and it's like mann, a tree is givin one sole mission in it's life and that's to reach for the stars, the heavens in the sky and all though they dont get quite that high, i just one day had this feeling like a true spiritual intuitional feeling as i was gazing upon this tree it just kinda glimmered and shined like in that tree's conscience it has reached her goal, reaching the heavens in the sky...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
I've always figured that nature had it right, keeping each life simple. Not fogging over its purpose with self-interest. I thought that you've captured this bit of my personal belief supremely well and I thank you for it (even though it wasn't for me that you wrote this!)

I like your little forray into the "naturalistic spiritual flare."

~Que

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow such a beautiful poem. I love Weeping Willows they're so beautiful. Good job, and keep writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Weeping willows are my favorite trees --- you've captured them beautifully here. This is a wonderfully inspiring piece, good job. The picture is perfect, as well, as its got a sort of sulky (wrong word, I know, but at present I can't think of anything better) look, not just the cheery, sun-dappled palm tree look, you know?
Anyway, the only bad thing I have to say is that you jumped back and forth from ideas a bit. That might be the point, but I just thought I should point it out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I gain so much inspiration from looking around me and seeing the beauty of nature. Just a shame that man is destroying our beautiful planet. Really liked this, excellent write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
H
Humble, wise willow tree. That's what I always think when I see one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting piece. Did you mean to use "he's" in the second stanza (last line)? I wrote one called "The Willow Weeps" years ago. Much different. I like how you gave yours a purpose. Mine is a bit depressing. Kudos.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. It gives me a new perspective of trees.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like the way you put everything in there so eligantly. i like your creativity. its unique.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2009
Last Updated on August 13, 2009

Author

Perry
Perry

Platteville, WI



About
My name is Perry Moore, I'd describe myself as just a soul truly trying to find my higher self, my soul so I can describe who I am truly to myself. I don't consider myself a poet or writer, I like.. more..

Writing
Perception Perception

A Poem by Perry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Always. Always.

A Poem by saviorys