I've Moved

I've Moved

A Poem by Reel Taulk
"

Change and all that it brings

"

I've moved, I've taken up residency elsewhere, it doesn't matter who knows, I really don't care! I've moved not to escape, but things have changed so my environment has to relate. A new found family, not royalty, but one that consist of consistency as well as loyalty. No strings attached, neither conditions, no manipulation or convenient playing of positions. This has been done not to please the Jones or the Yanceys, I have moved neither to impress or to tickle anyone's fancy. Those games once played to upstage has become so lame, I've left that where it belongs, you're more than welcome to take the stage. Come to think of it, I competed against no one, due to insecurity and my ego, I competed with a pretentious zero. This is my story no need to explain for reasons beyond ones comprehension or science, I'll never be the same. The allegiance to my home cannot compare to any alliance. I've decided to do the math for where I once resided wasn't adding up and it wasn't by chance. When addition didn't work due to desperation I multiplied, because of desperation, I reverted to division, come to find out that which I wasn't expecting, was a given. For what it was worth everything went in different directions, something I wasn't really expecting. Sulked and wined because reality kicked in, a reality that was meant to be because precious time and money I had been wasting. All the time I was settling for a house not understanding the value of having a home. So I've relocated to be on my own. No landlord with rent expectations, no neighbors pretending to be nice, but instead secretly hating. No issues with safety, for I'm the builder, landlord and security, so intruders and strangers are not welcome, neither have access for entry. Although it's 2010, in my eyes it's a new century.


Vonda G. Nelson

© 2010 Reel Taulk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010
Tags: moved, loyalty, consistency

Author

Reel  Taulk
Reel Taulk

NYC, NY



Writing
Deposits Deposits

A Story by Reel Taulk


Home Home

A Poem by Reel Taulk