30 Reasons NoT to give UP

30 Reasons NoT to give UP

A Poem by Reel Taulk

There is always gonna be a thorn that somehow gets in your side. A monkey wrench.....that ooops accidently knocks you down and stepping stones of all sizes to stumble on. But there is nothing like the feeling that you have when you have overcome! Overcome all that comes at you. The grand feeling that allows you to turn around and look back at the pasT that involved so many people, places and things. (exhale) But there is nothing like turning back around to have it all fade away so that you can continue on your merry way.


1. Because when you give up, you give in, disappointing those (whether visible or not) who stood firm by your side in every way in the name of change.

2. How will you ever know the end results, the thought of having to overcome pain to see a better day cannot compare to the fact that you have learned how to overcome it entirely.

3. Just remember that regardless of the circumstances or how dim things may seem, you have all the tools to turn that which seems difficult around. If you can find joy in smoking and drinking to temporarily take your problems away, just imagine what it feels like to passionately give all that you possess to plant that seed which will be rid of those "give in" weeds.

4. Birthed for a reason and purpose, just go and find it! For whatever it is whether it lies in negativity or positivity, something grand is hidden in the experience.

5. Someone is always looking, admiring whether from a distance or at close range, maybe a child, your sibling, a parent or someone in need of that which you possess and due to you putting yourself through the stress, you can't even see what you possess. It's not your job to be an example, but in some way, your strength may be someone's weakness and vice versa.

6. Giving up doesn't solve anything, just creates a list of painful unforgettable's and regrets.

7. Are you crazy to think you've lived in vain and don't find that thought to be crazy. All that you have done is down the drain, because you've considered your worth is equal to none. Why......because of what someone has said, done or believes........ please! Too many long days, sleepless nights, sacrifices made whether for the good or due to fright. Bad choices we've all tried to avoid this, but this is what should make not break you!

8. You're disappointing someone....... somewhere that really cares!!!!

9. So you've hit a road block....(envision you driving maserati mc12) and out of no where (ROAD BLOCK) do you sit and complain or find a way to be on your way. Road blocks gives you the opportunity to take detours (which sometimes by the way turn out for the better)

10. Giving in gets you a standing ovation.... from those waiting for you to fail. You're better off standing by yourself so once you've succeeded you can receive irrelevant applauds from those clones that were waiting for you to mourn.

11. Try setting some goals, regardless of hard they may seem to reach, they will be obtained. Focus and live for that purpose, even if you don't think you have any!

12. Outside of sadness happiness lingers near.......does the thought of losing happiness after you find it haunt you. It take the same amount of step to find happiness as it would take to give up!

13. The information one gathers of whether you had a mother or a father doesn't matter . Whether love existed in your life or is extinct. Yes these are all factors, but nevertheless these factors in time if needed will be addressed. Put your time and energies into being productive instead of counter productive due to someone else's short coming or be a cowards cover.

14. So you've been distracted, made a few wrong turns, made some bad decisions, allowed corrupted individuals to taint your mind through so called advice and mentoring. It happens for this is how the world turns, and will continue to turn just so you can get yours.

15. Where you going??? TIme is on your side, don't underestimate your worth, weight or the reason for the crime. Time has given you another chance to do it OveR and OveR and Over again... There's no stopping until you stop! Guilty or not?

16. Just in case you didn't know when you're at you're lowest low there is a reserve tank available. Once you're down it kicks into gear making you aware that what seem low can really be your high. So in knowing are you going or throwing, walking or running? Time is not in the business of being wasting any precious time.

17. Change- take the definition of this word and take it to HeIghTs like non other. Giving up doesn't bring change just unforgettable shame to the game! (The game of Life)

18. Yeah it's difficult....but it's difficult for everyone, in more ways than one.

19. Cross Roads can be deceptive, it can come in many forms, can you call it for what it is or give up without being intuitive.

20. Prove Me Wrong......I'm Nobody but what the heck Do it any............

21. So you can really learn, grow, mature as well as work on improving self. How can you grow up, if you give up, chance as well as opportunity is now available..........

22. Mind over matter hun.........allow your mind to supersede all that has been said and done. It can only truly harm you once through your mind you allow it to affect you.

23. How about accomplish something , just make sure it's amazing (to you that is)! after you've completed that task go ahead and call it quits I dare you.......this I gotta see!

24. ?????? Exactly! Question yourself and if you will answers those questions honestly the reason for the mascarade will be revealed....you'll see

25. So you blame it on being weak. The pressures of life and society has made you meek. Face it there's no such thing. Being weak didn't bring you this far, just rewind the hands of time and unwind all that you have done, decisions made, games played, close that book and start afresh as though none of the above ever took place. To no one but your self should you be a disgrace, and once you are fine no longer do you have to reminisce or rewind the hands of time.

26. Tell me who isn't guilty of sin, lets not be biblical although most that attend church behave angelical. That's a whole different subject I wont touch on that, I'll leave false pretenses to reveal whatever evidence lies therein. Why the shame this is your game, your heart and reason. In the end only you have to answer for the things you've done.

27. Some one once said I am sick of people telling me who I am. I'm too shy, I walk, too fast, I don't get hair cuts often enough! They didn't want anyone to tell them who they were but on their own wanted to find out. Sometimes we learn to become dependent on what others have to say. Before you know it you, are looking for the next compliment to confirm you look good, dependent on someone to give you advice, just doing all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons. WHo cares what the next man has to say. We tend to give up because we are always listening to someone's smoke screen, trusting that whatever advice they give you WilL work, and when it doesn't work for us failure seems to be evident. Ask yourself, outside of yapping what does this person do for me? Do they have my best interest at heart? Outside of yapping, If I really need them will they be there for me?

28. If you only use your mind you'll find a way, think about what you should so when all seems grey. Make sure to get some me time and the answers that you need (NoT WanT) will come right on time. So don't give up neither give in, adapt the phrase I'm playing to win

29. So in the end....The Real end when the fat lady has sang, you can look back, with tears of joy and know that it was well worth it, you've overcome, Arrived and still alive.....ciao

30. Last but not least, yeah yeah yeah I know you are responsible for you but a few words and good advice can assist in being responsible for you too...ciao



Vonda G. Nelson

© 2010 Reel Taulk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

610 Views
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 6, 2010
Tags: Endurance, Persistance, Tenacity, Dont give Up

Author

Reel  Taulk
Reel Taulk

NYC, NY



Writing
Deposits Deposits

A Story by Reel Taulk


Home Home

A Poem by Reel Taulk