The Prejudgment

The Prejudgment

A Story by Reema Alt

Once upon a time, there was a boy who lived in a small town with his parents. He was 15 years old and his name was John. His parents loved him too much because he was the one and only son. One day, a call came to John’s father, that he should travel to France so, he took his family with him and traveled.
After a period of time, John and his family were sitting on the train back from their trip. The train was full of passengers. John was so excited sitting between his parents. His mother was so tired from the trip so, she decided to sleep, his father was reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee in his hand, and John was eating mixed vanilla and chocolate ice cream. When the train start moving, suddenly, John screamed out and told his father: “dad look! the trees are following us!!” No one understood what did he mean. Again he said: “the people outside are following us too!! Everything outside runs fast in order to follow us! Isn’t that an amazing dad?!” Everyone on the train looked at him strangely and he still screaming in enthusiasm. After a while, John went to the bathroom. He came from the bathroom running and said: “dad dad!! I saw someone look exactly like me! Do I have a twin dad?!” His dad went to the bathroom with him to see what he saw. The chock was that John saw himself on the mirror! John couldn’t understand that what he saw was only his reflection on the mirror. The people started whispering and the whispers were getting louder! “why is he screaming like that? He’s crazy!, Look at him!, He’s weird!, etc...”. However, a woman came and sat beside the boy’s family, she looked at them sadly and told them: “why don’t you take him to a doctor to see him?” The father felt angry, stood and answered: “I actually took him to a doctor and he had an eye surgery before we got up for that train! My son was blind since his birth! This is the first day he sees the world! The train become completely quiet. Everyone regretted what they did.
At the end, “don’t judge someone without knowing the whole story. You may think you understand, but you don’t”. there’s a story behind every person. There’s a reason why they are the way they are. Think about that before you judge someone. You can break people in a few short, simple words so, be careful for what you say because your words can leave wounds that will be hard to heal.

© 2017 Reema Alt


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very descriptive, and so true, never judge anyone unless you know. Love that part.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 2, 2017
Last Updated on December 2, 2017

Author

Reema Alt
Reema Alt

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia



About
Writing is the painting of the voice.. more..