Failure is Inevitable

Failure is Inevitable

A Story by Gerr
"

A writing from my personal collection expressing my passion for change and hope for the future. A reality check for myself, and hopefully any who read.

"

Failure is inevitable.  The fear of failure is paralyzing.  The fear of failure is a poison that is slowly killing me and my dreams because it is taking away my time of living my dream.  Failure will happen.  Failure will hurt.  Death is inevitable.  Death will happen.  Death will suck.  The longer I keep fear between me and death, the less likely I am to achieve my dreams, my goals, and my full potential.  The sand is ever moving. 


The concept of death is hard to fully understand.  I will run out of time one day and all of my unaccomplished dreams will go forever unfulfilled.  Fulfillment equals happiness.  I need to get out of my own way.  Exploratory creativity is something that will someday cease to exist within me.  I have so much potential within that is going without being released.  Complacency is such an easy route, but it so unsatisfying.  It is better for me to allow myself to go down the less traveled; no matter how much more difficult it looks than the well-worn path I am continuing down.  It will no doubt have slippery slopes, towering peaks, falling rocks, and beautiful scenery and it will lead to a better adventure even if it doesn’t reach the summit.  There is so much inside of me that I need to just let it go.


This will be the hardest transformation I have ever done in my life.  I have survived all of my failures in the past and even though I can recall them, they have been for the most part short lived.  I have learned more from my failures than from my successes.  I am fully committing myself to transforming my thought process and allow myself to achieve great successes and suffer massive failures; and I will learn from it, enjoy it, and live it all. 


My mind will be freed, my soul will not go untouched, my spirits will be continually strengthened and lifted, and my life will be fuller.  I will be happier.  I will search many avenues to find my true self.  I will no longer float through life.  I will take the time to smell the roses.  I will watch the sun set, feel the wind on my face, hear those who speak, taste the privilege of fresh food; I will appreciate the little things in life that comprise this wonderful life.  I will leave things better than when I found them.  Things that are out of my control will not cause negativity in my life. 


This is my new way of life and thinking.  It will be a fantastic journey and I am so ready to begin.  I already feel more hope than I ever have before and it is all because of my personal frame of mind.  Not one thing around me has changed, but everything looks and feels different.  Everything around me is no longer there just because; it has more potential than it ever has before.   I was blessed with an imaginative mind.  I literally dream stories and wake up so excited when I am able to recall them.  It is time to take advantage of my God given gifts and to stop wasting precious time.  The time is now. 


I am so thankful that I have made it this far and have the people around me that I do.  I am not so naive to think I have been completely blinded my whole life and have just had the veil removed, but I can definitely see clearer now.  I look forward to my vision becoming clearer and clearer as time passes as I continue with my new perspective.  This adventure will not be a linear road, but rather a winding path full of exploration and discovery.  I hope to blaze a new trail.  So here I go with a deep breath and wide eyes.  This should be good.

© 2015 Gerr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

scrip scrip scribbles

be wise and listen to the old lizard yes
mr lizard man mr lizard man
open your eyes
pay attention to a lizard ( WE ARE ALL MADE OF STARS HAPPY HAPPY YAY!) scrip scripling his scriples
then watch lizard die
cause only sith deal in absolutes
THIS ISNT REAL THIS MEANS SOMETHING ETC ETC

get it now
good


scrip scrip scribbles
love from the mangroves
love from the mangroves
im a lizard and the government has my balls

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015
Tags: Hope, Future, Inspire

Author

Gerr
Gerr

Minneapolis, MN



Writing
Last Man Last Man

A Story by Gerr