Ignorant Angels

Ignorant Angels

A Story by Zeitgeist Manifesto
"

Love Overkill

"
Every Night I walk to the edge of my bed. I fall on my knees and thank the lord
for surviving another day. I pray that he will see me through the night.

As I open my eyes, four strands of light are cast down from Heaven. A Beam strikes
each corner of my bed.  I kneel there and watch them appear from thin air.
Their Armor shines in the moonlight.

Four Warriors....

Proud and Strong. They have a look in their eyes that could cut through steel,
but they also have a pulsating warmth radiating from within their bodies. Their skin is slightly lacking in color. Their hair is looks as if it is hotter than the flames of hell
itself. Their wings are beautiful and elegant. They glow. These warriors are Regal.
Their presence could only be remotely described with such a word.

They stand with their weapons at the ready. They don't lean or move an inch.
I lie in bed and wonder what is on the other side of these walls, ready to strike.
What could be so destructive that they can't even blink? They just stand there
looking like lifeless statues....watching...waiting...

I've said hello. I've told jokes. I've even insulted them. They never budge. I've tried
to talk to them about my problems, but they never reply. They are not here to make any friends. What kind of "Angels" are these? They have no concern for my feelings. They never take their eyes off of it. They stand in defiance of it. They are waiting for it to attack. They are determined to destroy it.

WHAT IN HELL IS IT!!?

They have me completely boxed in. How can I rest in this prison cell? Eternal damnation is only but an arms length away. This tiny Island of Heaven has turned into a personal Hell. I have the might of righteousness surrounding me, yet...I am forced to talk to my own shadow. I have never felt so lonely.

I'm growing tired of these Ignorant Archangels. What ever happened to the Blissful
Cherubs that would sing me to sleep every night?

Actions prove stronger than words. There is no greater love than the love that causes one to lay down his life for another,

 but sometimes it's just nice to hear it.

© 2010 Zeitgeist Manifesto


Author's Note

Zeitgeist Manifesto
This story is about the masculine archetype of love. This type of love drives one to protect the ones they care about. They don't want them to make mistakes. They can be so busy protecting them that they never bond. This is aka Tough Love. The cherub represents the feminine archetype of love. Many fathers are caring with small children, but as they grow into adults..the father can be so busy protecting them that they alienate them. This can drive a wedge between a father and a child.

The Archangels are warriors that slay demons. They are so busy protecting the person physically, they neglect them emotionally. This is misguided love..or
what i called Love Overkill. They love the person and show it with their loyalty as guards, but they have forgotten to protect the person's feelings as well. They don't even know what they are being protected from.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

loved this

you started out very strong in the beginning, but the last sentence still has me a tad confused.

overall, this is written fairly well and although i did vaguely pick up on a few grammar errors, i was so intrigued by what u had to say that i ignored them all together, which is something i don't do. you should be happy to know you were able to capture my attention and hold it all the way through to the end.
Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

-- you are extremely creative, mr. rellis... -- you created a fantastic parable-like piece... with a contemporary touch... -- i think there's a colossal difference between someone who just protects us without taking us into confidence about what they are protecting us from... and someone who is friends with us... and takes us into confidence about everything... and allows us to take them into confidence as well... allowing a reciprocal bond to be formed... -- when someone takes us into confidence, not only do we instinctively reciprocate, our confidence level also improves... -- this doesn't happen in the context that you described... and slowly... with the passage of time... such protection empties us of the confidence we possess... and we end up feeling small because the person who is protecting us doesn't consider us worthy enough... to share...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Zeitgeist Manifesto

8 Years Ago

Thank you. This poem is inspired by personal themes in my life.
. serah .

8 Years Ago

-- ah... i could tell... it's very heartfelt... -- and... you're very welcome... :)
very intense, well expressed
so very creative
i am shocked how you dare
to call them ignorant angels
hmmmm i wonder
how does it all fall into the grand scheme of things
each player has their part
in the grand scheme of things
thought provoking write
thank you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I didnt read any of the other comments yet because I didnt want to be influenced in anyway. I found this very powerful. The anger at the angels for standing there to protect you from God knows what- its almost like what has this world come to when I cant even have fun with the heavenly angels any more. what has it come to when they stand like gardians ready to attack something that I could not even fathem. Is it that bad now that even the angels have changed their tone. Yet this undisturbed gardianship and protection is loyalty to their and Gods love for you- I love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm growing tired of these Ignorant Archangels. What ever happened to the Blissful
Cherubs that would sing me to sleep every night?

that line actually did make me smile, in a black humour sort of way.

i really enjoyed this write. i could be wrong, but it feels as if you are displaying a very real view into how you see things, a rather intimate sharing. and as always, you use a very unique perspective and well honed imagery to do it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

After I read your Author's note I now completely understand the story. You make a great point. You can love a person so much that you do everything to protect them but sometimes that love is never expressed and that person may never really know. Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i must agree, it's a little confusing in the end. but it's still pretty good. nice work

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

loved this

you started out very strong in the beginning, but the last sentence still has me a tad confused.

overall, this is written fairly well and although i did vaguely pick up on a few grammar errors, i was so intrigued by what u had to say that i ignored them all together, which is something i don't do. you should be happy to know you were able to capture my attention and hold it all the way through to the end.
Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not only angels are that ignorant and cold, guess the most important line is "Action prove stronger ..." cause it shows that you didn't just wrote a nice story; you actually had some bigger thoughts=)

keep it up

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This sort of confused me until the end, it sort of gives you an idea...but i would prefer if there was a bit more explanation in this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

766 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 23, 2010
Tags: angel, guard, heaven, hell, holy war

Author

Zeitgeist Manifesto
Zeitgeist Manifesto

About
Writing....Thinking.... Most of my pieces are imagined as monologues. I've been a fan ever since I first saw my first live show as a kid. I consider myself pretty abstract. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..