Urban Madness

Urban Madness

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

While being locked up in the state hopsital, there's always a nightmare in every corners.

"

 

Somewhere Inside The Mental Institution

There Are Really Such Thing As Abomination

 

The Staffs Were The Way Of The Real Unholy

Even The Demon Disguised As The Orderly

 

Straightjackets Have Some Of The Chains

Sound Of The Long, Rustic Metals Are Pain

 

Make You Want To Cover Your Eyes And Scream

Wishing That It Was Nothing, Just Only A Dream

 

But, It's A Real Damn Nerve Wrecking Nightmare

And It Sure As Hell Definitely Will Not Go Anywhere

 

As The Countless Victims As Much Hapless

We All Are Very Lost And Totally Helpless

 

Until Came Along The Final Moment Of The Time

Ready To Die Rather Than Watching The Crimes

 

Never Will To Speak Any Of Those Unspeakable

Won't Be Able To Bear Closer To The Unbearable

 

Finally, All Freed Away From The Sadness

Also, There Will Be No More Of The Madness

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
There are much more to that, but if you really like it / love it, keep your eyes open for that there will be another one coming soon to the writerscafe.org near you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

oh my goodness that was simply superb! "make you want to cover your eyes and scream...wishing that it was nothing, only a dream" . I loved how intense it was. I felt like i was watching the whole institution go about its daily activities of insanity. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

man i'm feeling about not getting to these pieces earlier but another impressive piece...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a great write..wow...o.0

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

NIcely done. Interesting use of couplets to describe the chilling aspect of the institutionalized. It gives the piece an almost repetitive or chant like feel. Well written poetry

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
;
Ha your authors not was the only thing funny, Your crazy dude like "plz don't come into my house or come close to the property" crazy! Liked no Loved it My fave lines were " Finally, All were freedaway from the sadness, Also there will be no more madness" I know this person kills hisself...right? cause really once you go mad theirs no coming back!
Yea its me...The one you Envy,
Mistress E

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Love it, reminds me of someone walk ing around in a staright jacket. Very well written....Kim

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You certainly have a talent in a bunch of couplets, don't you? lol

For some reason, this mental institution you're describing reminds me a lot of those FLDS communities: "Demon Disguised as the Orderly", "Hell", "Countless Victims"... yeah... That pretty much describes it.

I always thought of mental institutions as quiet, yet silently corrupt, but I've never been chucked into one, so I wouldn't exactly know, and your poem is giving second thoughts on the subject. Judging by the tone, it sounds more intense or maybe frustrating (in the patients, point of view) than that. When it comes to the status of the patient, it must be kind of scary to feel alone, considering the "very lost and totally helpless" feeling... huh... you really got me thinking here...

Great job on this! Either you entered an institution yourself, or you're just a plain genius!... Or both!! lmao!!! jk

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

As if the staff is orgasmic from the inhumane treatment of another human!!!! I have seen this in the hospitals and jail. How ironic that behind the closed doors, bastardly people inflict torment. Well written piece and a unique subject to write about. Good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This reminds of my stint in the mental hospital and I have a portrait that I know you will like, documenting some of my stay. This poem is very real to me, and I'm gonna go on and read the second part as well. Mental institutions are very sickening. They close in on what we truly believe as a way out, and then they take it away from us. They are not fun places, there more like dungeons. Legal dungeons, ones where they can literally throw away the key and do horrible things. This poem brings back so many painful memories. I'm only 18 years old and it's like the life I have lived is suited for a person in their 40's and 50's.

This piece is powerful.

Thank You, and this one is going into my favorites as well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Paints a very dark picture. In some cases it's sad how the mentally insane, no matter how insane they are, get placed in the same hellish prison that the serial killers are. The abuse that takes place in the name of mental health, not to mention the orderlies who are driven insane by spending 8 of their 12 waking hours there every day does make it seem like death is the only escape. Some deserve, and some don't I reckon. Thanks for making me think a little and thanks for the review on The Valley of the Kings. Much Appreciated.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

really liked the elements of darkness, skillfully written

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1224 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing