Paint My Heart

Paint My Heart

A Poem by Joseph - Michael
"

Just another of those "down times" and just need to express the feeling out again.

"


At First,

In The Beginning After We Met

You Started Painting My Heart Red

With A Fresh Fluffiness Paintbrush

You've Shown Me Your Softness

Gave Me All Of Your Tenderness



I Loved Those Affections

 



Then,

Later When There's Some Changes In You

You Suddenly Began Painting My Heart Blue

With A Dry And Worn Out Paintbrush

You Showed Me Part Of Your Craziness

Left Me In The World Of The Sadness



I Hated Those Afflictions

 



Now,

At Last To This Moment Of The Lacks

You've Been Painting My Heart Black

With A Stiff Razor-Like Paintbrush
 
You're Showing Me The True Darkness

Giving Me Great Deal Of The Madness



I Understand Those Inflictions

 



But, It's Too Much Of The Pain

Because My Heart Is Breaking

Like My Heart Is Locked In Chains

Will You Please Stop Painting?

 

© 2013 Joseph - Michael


Author's Note

Joseph - Michael
I know it's depressing, but I just want to write another pain out, so I can feel a little bit better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Isn't that what having the gift of ink is all about? The ability to express one's emotions? It is so much harder to say than it is to ink sometimes... Maybe because we know the page won't talk back? :)
The symbolism in this piece by usage of the paint and the paintbrush guides the reader through the emotions and give us an understanding of what you are feeling....

Well done! :p

Leaving a hug... :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Brilliant work here! Yes it is painful and makes me sad, so that way you have done a great job. Love the paintbrush usage here. Wonderful thinking!

The flow is good, there is this welling up of emotions that can move any reader....keep them coming!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent :) I like your style

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
:)
:)

You have an interesting way of writing....
The greatest gift the painter can give you is freedom....
It's hard for us to realize that at times, but it's always true if only we will believe it...

I do hope the depth of your pain is surfacing like skin pushing out a splinter..

:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The choice of color to represent emotions is really well done. Usually, black is chosen for conveying sadness, but here it works really well. Good job

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this, great concept. The colors relate well to the emotions and descriptions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
*faint*stirs, sits back on chair, picking up jaw with it*

WOW. I am amazed, stunned... This is AMAZING, truly amazing, beyond amazing. i find a lot of poems that leave me feelings like this, utterly speechless. You are up there with the top writers, believe you me!

This a brilliant, creative, lovely, stunning poem that i ADORE, and i am definitely adding this to my Library in my favorites on here. Because, WOW.

And don't worry about it being depressing, because the best poems always come from our heart, and our heart is allowed to be depressed now and again, isn't it?

I love the imagery especially, with the paintbrushes and the different colors, especially the black, when you understand it and it's razor-sharp. Adore this poem more than i have words to say. I'm sure there are millions of people out there who can truly, wholeheartedly relate to this poem.

And, okay, i'll stop rambling on about how good this poem is now, haha. Sorry to give you such a long review to read! But I love this poem, SO MUCH! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We all need to get the pain out of us and you did a wonderful job, love the imagery and words you used to create the feelings of pain and the different levels of it. And the ending is perfect.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a good write. I enjoyed this. It is depressing, but it is moving in away. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Most of my writing is a purging of emotions of sorts, so I can relate to this. I like the use of "colors"...red, blue and black, all very powerful and emotional in my book. The last line hooked me...and really make me think; a plea worthy of an ear.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do you feel better? I bet you do! I love depressing poetry as funny as that sounds. I just love it when you can take something so eerie and turn it into a work of beauty. Youre mind is lovely thing, even when it holds terrible thoughts that make you suffer. I LOVE the emotion! Each line is powerful, and it hurts! Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3008 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on November 27, 2008
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Joseph - Michael
Joseph - Michael

Detroit, MI



About
I'm no one special. I'm just a single father in the MMA training to kill the anger and the personal pain in order to move on. Whenever I'm not busy, even with the damn procrastination issue, I try my .. more..

Writing