Treasures

Treasures

A Poem by Revery




Treasures of still simplicity
breed dignities tranquility
and it is well with my soul.

When a man knows how to stand
the ebb and flow will know
there's no moving destinies code.

I see, you see I now know
Not to fly too high or not too low
there's a strength in that which I subscribe
anger is chafe and blows away
wheat provides fertile energies new day.

So dance with me again among beautiful words
if not for but a moment at least two thirds of yesterday

© 2014 Revery


Author's Note

Revery






Some have said that is seems like I'm speaking to someone specific about something specific, but the truth is I'm actually not, or maybe to everyone I've connected with in the recent past. It's more of a conversation to myself. It's about remaining dignified and being centered in the midst of the ups and downs pertaining to our connections with others.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Revery,
"Treasures"
"The ebb and flow will know..anger is chaff and blows away."
This poem is a voice to the come and go, the tenuous transitional nature of our lives.
What can seem so important and all encompassing one minute and be forgotten with time.
We build our lives in layers. My hope is the layers are healthy.
I enjoy reading new work, new poets occasionally here on W.C. where I have some poetry-essays and one little story called Crow Conference.
This was really nice and thank you.
Blessings, Kathy
PS, Your video was lovely. I listen to classical music quite a bit and the vocals in this piece are precious.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Revery

6 Years Ago

Thank you Kathy. Sorry so long on a response. I come back her occasionally only.



Reviews

Revery,
"Treasures"
"The ebb and flow will know..anger is chaff and blows away."
This poem is a voice to the come and go, the tenuous transitional nature of our lives.
What can seem so important and all encompassing one minute and be forgotten with time.
We build our lives in layers. My hope is the layers are healthy.
I enjoy reading new work, new poets occasionally here on W.C. where I have some poetry-essays and one little story called Crow Conference.
This was really nice and thank you.
Blessings, Kathy
PS, Your video was lovely. I listen to classical music quite a bit and the vocals in this piece are precious.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Revery

6 Years Ago

Thank you Kathy. Sorry so long on a response. I come back her occasionally only.
Now theres a thought for the ages

Posted 8 Years Ago


Revery

8 Years Ago

Thank you Tate. Hope your well.
Tate Morgan

8 Years Ago

i am thank you I am doing fine hope you are too
The author's note is very helpful, now I can take the poem as a soliloquy.

The act of being firm and confident in what you think, what you believe in just show how gentleman you are. A courageous act to stand alone and do what must be done.

The last two lines is my favorite. Gracefully laid down. When we play with words we dive in to the vast depth of our past. What is there anyway to write, but almost the big portion of our yesterday.

I sensed a rebirth here. I hope to see you around with more new poems, my dearest friend.


Posted 10 Years Ago


This is nice, however increasing the font size would be better,
and more readable.
I like your picture with it,
and the color.
The first two stanzas are the strongest here for me and so lovely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Revery

10 Years Ago

I'm with you, the first two stanzas could stand alone. I'll probably rework the others as the muse .. read more
Josie E. Cook M. A.

10 Years Ago

Lovely picture and I like the font now!
So well balanced G. The dance, of maturity, of life, with your words, of nature, of joy, once accepted all rich failure, growth is the treasured fossil, left over, and if we are lucky, it becomes a life's pearl...

Brilliant writing here. Chapeau my sweet friend...
Always a great pleasure to be here, and sigh, the music... you've got me there :)

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


Revery

10 Years Ago

Your reviews are as sweet as your poems are lovely. Thank you so very much Elisa.

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome G. It's my honest pleasure to be here.
This is beautifully penned, G... your words are exquisite!!
....ever the gentleman...

You have a tender soul which speaks volumes...and I hold every word dear...
Such a captivating voice you have, and you know I have told you that many a time...

When you write, it sings... your STRENGTH....of dignity...

Eloquent penning!~xoxo~


Posted 10 Years Ago


Revery

10 Years Ago

Thank you Robbie, you know how I cherish your words. Thank you for your review and the sweet comple.. read more
Robbie~xoxo~

10 Years Ago

and I cherish yours, my dear friend. ~xoxo~
always a pleasure! :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
I like the flow to this a lot, and the message. It feels like an apology of sorts, I could be wrong. But like you learned from a mistake and want things back to how they were. That's my take, I liked reading it like that. I want to stop reading after the word "thirds" however. I think because it rhymes with "words". But that's just me. "I see, you see I now know" It is good when someone can see that you have learned, or changed.

Is that your photo? It's very fitting, either way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Revery

10 Years Ago

Thank you Dye, I appreciate your review. Others have also said that is seems like I'm speaking to s.. read more
Revery

10 Years Ago

P.S. yes the photo is one of mine. :)
You deal well with paradox and I like your healthy respect for fate in this piece. My favorite line was:

So dance with me again among beautiful words

Posted 10 Years Ago


Revery

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your comments.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

993 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2014

Author

Revery
Revery

TN



About
I am a technical writer by profession. I'm married with three wonderful children. My poetry deals with the struggles and contrasts between the spiritual and the sensual. My life has been rich and bl.. more..

Writing
Joanna Joanna

A Poem by Revery


Obscure Obscure

A Poem by Revery


Signs of life Signs of life

A Poem by Revery



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sea E'scape Sea E'scape

A Poem by Frieda P