Illusion of me

Illusion of me

A Poem by Revery
"

The need to express myself

"


I ache to splash my blood on the page,

to pour myself out, wonder, love and rage.
I am neatly put together, attempting perfect you see.
Few know the complex paradoxes of me.

© 2017 Revery


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome thoughts from a human.
The paradox in all of us is always a great topic.
Your few words here say a lot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Just brilliant! I was attacked with the outrageous honesty, simplicity and deepness of this piece! I am jealous the muse came to you not ME to give a birth to this masterpiece!


Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the passion and violent emotion in such a restrained, almost masquerade like quality of this piece. It emotes such a universal feeling in such a lovely way.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Few know the complex paradoxes of me"- hmm.. intriguing. a seemingly darkly conspiracy within self and scheming ego, and all for a yearning too much to hold. Smashing writing ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is absolutely amazing. Some of the best work I have read tonight! Keep up the great work!

~ Scandalous

Posted 11 Years Ago


A simply passionate statement of truth!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The frustration behind that yearning is expressed well here. It is the drive behind the pen. Thankyou.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I am sure..isn't that what poetry is all about? you give all of yourself..wonderful sentiment..

Posted 12 Years Ago


few know the complex paradoxes of me

Few...capitalize my friend! I'm giving you a hard time, you know my grammar sucks...so when I can find someone else to critique, it makes me feel better about myself. Hey...isn't that what bullies do? All writers and artist ache to put themselves on paper. They aren't satisfied with the average emotion...they feel the need to bleed...to satisfy...to feeeeeeeeed a never ending urge. We all fight to be understood, despite the complexities of being human...and you penned this emotion and frustration beautifully. It's natural to not feel satisfied!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2229 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 2, 2012
Last Updated on January 3, 2017

Author

Revery
Revery

TN



About
I am a technical writer by profession. I'm married with three wonderful children. My poetry deals with the struggles and contrasts between the spiritual and the sensual. My life has been rich and bl.. more..

Writing
Joanna Joanna

A Poem by Revery


Obscure Obscure

A Poem by Revery


Signs of life Signs of life

A Poem by Revery



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Once Once

A Poem by Revery