Chapter 14- Basement

Chapter 14- Basement

A Chapter by Rhonda

   My eyes opened. The tiredness wore off. I didn't know how long I slept for. I was still in the same dark room. I decided to look for a light switch. I stood up and walked very slowly to find a wall. As my hand was on the wall, I felt something. It was a light switch, that's what I thought. I flipped it on. The room was huge. There was nothing in it. The wallpaper on the top of the walls had flowers on it. The rest of the wall was painted white. I saw a window covered up with brown paper. I decided to look out the window to see if it was night or day. As I looked, I saw that it was still dark. I started to cry quietly.

   "I could be here forever." I thought. It brought more tears to my eyes. I got my school bag and took out my journal and pen.

   "Dear Journal,

    Where am I? Why am I here? I got kidnapped. I ran as fast as I could, but they caught up to me. I don't know what time it is or how long that I've slept.

    All I know is that I'm in a house far away and that Mike and his men kidnapped me. Julie has to be here.

                 Lina"

   "I wish I had a cellphone." I thought. I heard footsteps coming toward my room. My door quickly opened.

   "You found the light switch, huh?" Mike asked. "Follow me. We need to askk you a few questions." he grabbed me by the arms and brought me to a room next door to mine. There was a chair in the middle. After Mike sat me down in the chair, Julie came in.

   "Hi. I know you know who we are." she said.

   "Leave me alone! What do you want from me?" I yelled.

   "We just want to ask you some questions. It won't take very long. Now, did your mom ever tell you?"

   "That you guys were friends with her? Yes."

   "That's part of it, but did she tell you the other part?"

   "No."

   "Mike." he went over and slapped me very hardly on the cheek. I felt blood in my mouth and tears in my eyes.

   "Don't act stupid with me! I know you know." Julie yelled.

   "I don't know what you're talking about." Mike came up and slapped me on the other cheek the same way.

   "Send her in the basement. She'll think about what she has said and apologize. She won't come out unless she does." Mike took me by the arms to the basement. 

   "No! Let me go!" I yelled with tears in my eyes.

   "Shut up!" Mike yelled and threw me in the basement. I hit the ground very hard. After he closed the door, I walked to see if I could. Thankfully, I could still walk. This was like a horrible nightmare. I knew that this wasn't a dream, but I kept hoping it was. All I had in my school bag was my journal, paper, pencils, pens, erasers, and my school books. There was some candy too. I was getting hungry, so I ate a piece. I then got bored after some time, so I did my homework. If I had a phone, I'd be out of there by then. It was hopeless for me to get out of there. I kept crying. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I was even in Morocco anymore.

   "Are you ready to apologize?" Mike asked after he opened the door two hours later.

   "I have nothing to apologize for." he slammed the door.

   "How long am I gonna be here?" I asked myself in my head.

  

    

 



© 2010 Rhonda


Author's Note

Rhonda
ignore spelling mistakes if any

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Story is getting very interesting. She doesn't know their desire and purpose. I like the thought that are going through her head. A very good chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 6, 2010
Last Updated on March 6, 2010


Author

Rhonda
Rhonda

CA



About
I'm 13. I love to write and I love Arabic music and culture. No, my avatar is not a photo of me! It's a photo of my favorite singer, Nancy Ajram! Yes, I am American! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rhonda


Loneliness Loneliness

A Poem by Rhonda