Safe Keeping?

Safe Keeping?

A Poem by RheaB
"

"Safety" is not a state of behavior and "Home" is but a figment of desire. So touched by .......

"
"Keep me safe until I can find my way home."  I awoke with these words stinging in my head, over and again. I wanted to reach out and touch them as though they were a talisman of white magic and would by my caress, silently disappear.
I know where I am; I am at home, cocooned in my own wool fleece warmed mattress, a low healing current is running through the upper throw of nylon that blankets my ever-chilled body.
Bolted are the heavy doors, I am safe; my windows are jammed with double brass locks. A blinking green and red light reminds me of the electronic alarm that aids the fragile and frightened. 
Now I am saying the words, a subtle mantra, over and again. "Keep me safe until I can find my way home." I arouse to a time of deep concentration, as only the night can allow.
Enlightenment comes as a shade of gray from the wall by my bed, reflected in the wavy silvered glass, framed in the antiquity of frozen mahogany, imprisoned are my eyes by stares of my own, mirrored by memories of times unrepentant.
"Safety" is not a state of behavior and "Home" is a figment of desire. So touched by God's formless hand, I long for the substance of encompassing space that empties my dependencies but fills my life with foundations, I am free but filled, No one can hurt me, I belong.
The words linger in rhythm with the pulse of the furnace, but only as a closing refrain, I turn, and I sleep in the silence, safe and at home.     

© 2010 RheaB


Author's Note

RheaB
This is one of those thought impressions that come quickly, and should perhaps be expressed slowly. I ask only for kindness, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love these lines, they are beautiful:

framed in the antiquity of frozen mahogany

mirrored by memories of times unrepentant

"Safety" is not a state of behavior and "Home" is a figment of desire

This piece is honest and there is such clarity to what you are writing about. Good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Some vivid and lovely images are painted here with your words. A nice piece of writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 30, 2010
Last Updated on October 31, 2010
Tags: Awake, nigh time, reflections

Author

RheaB
RheaB

Owensboro, KY



About
I am "a word doodler' and story teller. I draw on life experiences from my family, friends and geography. Recently, through much prodding, I have begun to record and share these through the written wo.. more..

Writing