Cherry On Top

Cherry On Top

A Story by Aehr

Cherry on Top

 


“ OMG Aren’t you supposed to be Niall Horan, where is everybody?”

 

He tilted his head up and raised one eyebrow at me. His dirty-blond hair was messed up, and his gaze was fixed right at me.

 

I mentally kicked myself for saying what I had, and squeezed my eyes shut. My limbs almost automatically began to tremble, and I could feel jitters down my spine. Almost suddenly, my throat seemed so dry, as if longing for that elixir called water since the beginning of time.

 

It was the middle of September, and I was at the Glasgow airport waiting for my flight to India, which unfortunately, had been delayed by a few minutes due to some ‘geographical aspect’ I didn’t understand. My little four year old brother wanted to go to the washroom, and was afraid of getting lost in the boys toilet, so I was supposed to stand outside at the door for his…safety. Don’t ask me why, because I still don’t know myself. Mom’s instructions.

 

And, to my COMPLETE surprise, Mr Niall Horan, my long term celebrity crush was there, by the door, tying his shoe laces, before entering the washroom with a bag slung on his shoulder. He was breath-taking from the beginning of course, but there was a certain charm in his eyes which I had never felt or even seen in his photographs. Being an Indian, I was never able to see 1D anywhere except photographs and videos, because they never ever came to my country, and never ever was I able to go where they went. At that point of time, I was in Glasgow to meet my elder sister, and I was there only for a day because I had to take my exams back home, and they were starting in a week.

 

What I said to him was certainly the result of my absolute love for him, and of my impatience and impulsivity too, of course. I mean, he was a 1D member! What was he doing there without any bodyguards or anything? My face was literally cherry red and I had no idea what he was going to say. I thought that he was probably thinking that I was completely berserk, or was going to say something rude to me.

 

Be gone, Anjili, I thought to myself, and I was just going to turn my face away, when I heard his musical voice make its way to my ears.

 

“And aren’t you supposed to be by the Girl’s washroom instead of here?”

I sighed. “My brother’s in. He’s… afraid of going alone”

“How old is he… five?” he laughed.

“Four”

“Oh” He continued doing his laces.

“So, how come you’re here without… girls around?”

“Not entirely true. You’re around, right?”

My cheeks flushed pink. “Apart from girls waiting for their brothers outside the boys washroom”

“Oh, They’re held outside”

“Huh?”

“They’re just… not here, okay?”

“Okay. Good”

“We’re headed to London. It’s been a long tour…”

“I know. I watched every show on livestream. You guys were amazing”

“Haha. Thanks”

“And ‘One Way Or Another’ is just plain awesome”

He finished with his laces and looked up. He nodded his head as a gesture of saying thank you.

“It’s a miracle that I’m not hyperventilating” I laughed.

“So…. You want me to sign anything?”

“Is chocolate sweet?” I laughed.

 

I fished my pocket for a pen and groped for my daily diary in my bag, while he fixed his hair up a bit.

 

“Can you please…”

 

I was just going to ask him to sign a page in my diary, but that was when my brother Aditya came out of the washroom, banging the door with all his strength, and running for his life. He caught me by the hand, digging his fingers into my skin and pulled me away back to our seat. My Mom was half running our way with her hand luggage.

 

In the midst of our conversation, I didn’t realise that the last call had been made for our flight, and that they were going to leave without us. Sensing the emergency of the situation, I let Aditya pull me towards Mom, and ran to the gate, without even bidding Niall goodbye, or bothering to take my diary. I forgot him with my diary and just ran like mad to the terminal in the fear of getting late and being left behind.

 

It was only when I  got on the plane that I realised that I had left my diary AND a chance of getting Niall Horan’s autograph. I cried my eyes out the whole trip, and Mom kept scolding me for doing so.

 

 

That was what happened a week ago.

 

Today, a week after that incident, I received a parcel with my name on it. To my surprise, it was my own diary, resent to me by Niall Horan himself! Of course! I had written my address on the last page precisely for such an occasion where someone found my lost diary. My joy knew no bounds!

 

But then a horrifying thought came creeping in. If Niall had turned the last page to see my address, he must have read the rest of my diary as well!

 

I opened my diary hastily and scanned through the pages. There were no remarks or anything there, by the grace of God. But on the page where I was supposed to write my next entry, Niall had left a note for me.

 

Now that was intriguing.

Hey Anjili,

                You’re a very dedicated directioner, and me and the boys love you loads. Thank you so much. Keep supporting us always like you are right now. And don’t worry about your diary. I won’t lie, I read it. But your secrets are safe with me.

                                                         Love,

                                                                                                  Nialler. xx

 

And below that were the autographs of Harry, Louis, Zayn and Liam as well! THAT was when I started hyperventilating.! It was just too much happiness to handle for one day. I honestly didn’t believe it. My own Mom was so astonished to see my diary back, and the note Niall had written. Plus, Niall had followed me on twitter too. Now that was like a cherry on the top of a creamy pineapple pastry.

 

A very big, red cherry. J

© 2013 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
Hehe. Niall is just adorable!!!! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

never leave your notes lying around
do you know how many movie scripts have ben made from me doing just that?
me neither cuz i forgot how many times of done this over the years!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

haha okay :P
quite a lot in just a few words here

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013

Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr