Gone

Gone

A Story by Aehr

I felt weightless. 
I couldn't move, I couldn't think, and I could barely open my eyes. I tried to raise my hand but I couldn't. I felt a warm drop of water fall on my cheek. I tried to look up and gleaming in the sun was the face of the one who was holding me. It was him. He was crying. For Me. I managed a frail, weak smile. Tears began to stream down my cheeks. He held me tighter, he just didn't let go. The ground was cold and the sun was setting. I was fully disoriented. I tried to recall what had happened. 
All I could remember was crossing the street and a sudden car crash. I guess the car was his, the boy whom I liked, almost loved, seven years ago. I felt blood on my head and left arm was burning. It was my fault, just the sight of him froze my steps and the car crash happened. 
I started regretting the things I had done seven years ago. Why didn't I just tell him that I liked him? Why was I afraid? Those intense brown eyes behind his spectacles were just as beautiful as they were seven years ago. I was crying, even though I was happy to be dying like this, in his arms.
I wanted to ask him a million questions : Where had he been? Was he working? Why did he never answer my messages on facebook? But I couldn't speak, no matter how hard I tried. 
The wind blew harder, we were alone. My eyes were burning, I wanted to talk to him, but it was destined to be this moment when I  couldn't speak. 
I tried to look away from him, I couldn't see him cry like that. But he put his hand on my cheek and brought my face back to where it was earlier. My heart was shattered. All these years, I could speak nonsense, non-stop. But the time when I really need to talk to someone that special, my voice had failed.
 
  Was that fair? I asked myself
Suddenly, my body went cold and numb, I was going to go any second. My heartbeat began to slow down. The wind made my open air fly aimlessly, some of it falling on my face, just before my eyes. It was no use brushing them behind my ears.  My arm lifted up and touched his warm, wet cheek.
Suddenly my vision began to blur, I saw a light and then everything went black. 
I was content. At least I had felt true love before death came to me. 

© 2012 Aehr


Author's Note

Aehr
I change the story and divided into paragraphs. I edited it and expanded the details...
Please review!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

awwwwwww that was sad. Congratulations for winning that contest with this piece. You definitely deserve it :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is beautifully amazing... So sad :(

Posted 10 Years Ago


Aehr

10 Years Ago

Thank you
Awesome as always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting.
The idea was great and the flow very fine.
Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
this is such a heartfelt piece.. I felt the sadness and the longing in the speechless person... Brilliant!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

thanks
Good read. Sad read. But good all the same!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

thank you
This poem is so beautiful.
Rating 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great write. Sad but enthralling. Really liked it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

thanks!
This is beautiful yet quite sad. I really enjoyed reading this piece. Great write and well done. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aehr

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!
GreenIvy

11 Years Ago

No problem. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

818 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012

Author

Aehr
Aehr

Aspiring for fearlessness



About
Trying to keep my words alive. Find me on Instagram: aehr_x more..

Writing
Broken Walls Broken Walls

A Poem by Aehr


Silver. Silver.

A Poem by Aehr


Swansong Swansong

A Poem by Aehr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poet Poet

A Poem by Revery


Ugly Ugly

A Poem by Aehr


Oh Rain Oh Rain

A Poem by Aehr