HISTORY OF THE WORLD : 1950 to 1965: Cold Europe: The Hammerfist War

HISTORY OF THE WORLD : 1950 to 1965: Cold Europe: The Hammerfist War

A Chapter by Joe
"

the brief history of the Hammerfist War that took place in Cold Europe on Terra Nova in the 1960's.

"

 

1950-1965: Safrando, Cold Europe- A Brief History of the Hammerfist War

A History of the World Story

 

            They numbed your right arm, fingertip to shoulder, first. Then they bunched your unfeeling hand into a fist. That, they dipped into the vat of something. Though your entire arm was numbed, the burning pain still fed through to your head. After a couple seconds you were out cold from the intense burn.

            When you awoke, you were back in your hotel room, lying in the bed with the feeling of heaviness in your right arm. At your bedside sits the doctor who’d numbed your arm earlier.

            “Hello,” he says to you with a smile. “I am Dr. (INSERT NAME). How are you feeling?”

“Tired,” you tell him, wishing you could sleep forever. “What’s going on?” is the second thing you say.

Dr. Whatever waves a card in your face and asks, “Is this your E.M.O Volunteer Slip?”

            You nod your head, seeing your name and signature under the bold red lettering that reads: Experimental Military Operations. You ask again, “What’s going on?”

            “Well, congratulations, (INSERT YOUR NAME), you are now part of the E.M.Operation: Hammerfist.” The doctor shakes your left hand. Odd, you think.

            “I don’t understand,” you say, because you don’t. And then the doctor goes into a long speech with confusing language and long words that equate to nothing in your impossibly tired brain until you see your right hand.

            Where once was pink, brown, whatever flesh is now a fist of cold silver. No matter what you do, your hand stays stuck. it will forever, too. It’s been glued over with Statson Metal. You are now a Hammerfist. Congratulations. -From The Journal of Holland Marks: A Hammerfist

 

 

Safrando, Cold Europe

 

On the Stabian Sea coast of Cold Europe lays the large territory of Safrando. With a population of 976 million (census of 1946), Safrando is the third largest terrirtory in the world.

            With a wide accumulation of harbors, it is not surprising that Safrando’s main economy lies in the exportation of seafood products. Its largest import is metals from across the sea. Safrando is also Cold Europe’s number one intra-continental exporter, both of Stabian Coast Seafood products and outer-continental metals.

            All of this, of course, changed in 1950.

From 1937 to 1949 President Easter St. Andrew led the majority of Cold Europe, though some territories claimed independence. In 1960, newly appointed Chairman of Safrando, Lazlon Demetrius, made world news when he announced that Safrando would cut all intra-continental trades unless their hefty Territorial Debt be wiped from the Cold Europe Finance Records immediately.

            Taking Demetrius’ threat light-heartedly, President St. Andrew declared that no such action be passed. As a result, within days (as Demetrius had sleeper troops positioned throughout the territory) all of Safrando’s land-locked borders were closed and Demetrius took full and sole control over the territory.

            At first, Demetrius made sure that trade between other continents flourished, but after only a year plans changed.

            Though outer-continents had no direct power over the Cold Europe Finance Records, Demetrius believed he could use them. in May of 1951, he decreed that all trade was dead between Safrando and the rest of the world. In this action, he hoped that, with the sudden disappearance of Safrando exports, territories would do anything to receive products again, including ridding the territory of its debt.

            However, no territories appeared to miss the products, and Safrando found itself alone. Unwilling to back down, Lazlon Demetrius forced his dictatorship to be self-sufficient. After three years, Safrando had accomplished the task. But this wasn’t enough for Demetrius, who was still after his original desire, so he set out on another plan.

            On June 19th, 1954, Lazlon Demetrius struck an attack against the neighboring independent territory of Backtira. The attack was so sudden and unexpected that Demetrius took the small terrirtory over easily.

            The attack and takeover brought the Cold Europe Board of Territories into an emergency session. It was questioned whether or not the Board should allow Safrando’s Territorial Debt to be cancelled, but in the end, a vote of 75-40, it was decided that the debt was to stay.

            Meanwhile, Demetrius had brought many more changes to Safrando. All private businesses were closed and all private citizens hoarded into large central villages. These villages were closely monitored by Demetrius’ elite military while a team of specialists picked out a group of citizens for a program.

            This program was to form the most supreme military squad in the world. Demetrius knew that if the takeover of Backtira wouldn’t convince the Board of Territories he was serious, he’d have to make his destruction larger and more destructive.

            In the program, every person was put into a system of training. Any of the citizens who could not complete the training r were found unfit for the training, were killed immediately. Little is known about these training systems, but what is known is that when the citizens came out they were completely under Demetrius’ control and were fighting fit.

            But during the two years it took Demetrius to train his soldiers, the Untied Territories of Cold Europe had increased their own military powers, so when Lazlon set to attack another neighboring territory, Astromich, in 1956, his troops were decimated, forcing him to retreat and come up with another plan.

            In 1957, Lazlon Demetrius founded the Experimental Military Operations in a hidden location deep in the mountains of Backtira. Using the best of his system-trained soldiers, he developed a group of super-soldiers. These elite E.M.O soldiers were given strength hormones and had their right hands encased in a super strong, near-indestructible metal, giving the soldiers their names: Hammerfists. The Hammerfists were given more extensive military training and then sent out on their first mission: the attack and seizure of New Atlas.

            On May 3rd, 1957, the Hammerfists were dropped into New Atlas’ Port City. They destroyed nearly half the capitol city before the United Cold Europe Forces arrived. When the UCEF did arrive they were unsuspecting of the Hammerfists’ strength and combat abilities and fell quickly. Port City was taken and, with the Chairman, Aslo Banes, under the Hammerfists’ control, the rest of the territory swiftly followed. This was the official beginning of the Hammerfist War.

            Throwing fit civilians from ever conquered city and territory into his training system, Demetrius’ Hammerfist army grew quickly. The Hammerfists created a wave of destruction through eastern Cold Europe, taking territories under siege and growing in numbers.

            In 1958, President Easter St. Andrew attempted to cease the warpath by granting Safrando’s debt dismissed, but Demetrius hand moved past such trivial matters. He wanted the entirety of Cold Europe.

            Battles rage throughout the continent between the Hammerfists and the UCEF for six years, until, in 1964, the North American Provinces Military was dropped into the central Cold Europe capitol, Interportia, where Demetrius and the Hammerfists had come to destroy the Central Cold European Council Building and lay claim to the continent.

            When the NAPM and UCEF forces had surrounded the Hammerfists outside the capitol council building, Demetrius knew he’d failed. He surrendered to the militaries on January 1st, 1965.

            After Lazlon Demetrius’ trial and execution Safrando and the countries that had been seized were returned to their proper orders. The Hammerfists, now in the millions in numbers, were deprogrammed and put into civilian life around the world.



© 2012 Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 20, 2009
Last Updated on January 2, 2012


Author

Joe
Joe

Des Moines, IA



About
I am a Christian-raised Agnostic who loves to read and write, particularly the science fiction and horror genres. My main philosophy on life is this: There is no predestined point in our lives, so we.. more..

Writing
A Doctor's Visit A Doctor's Visit

A Story by Joe


A Dialogue A Dialogue

A Story by Joe