Ray of Light

Ray of Light

A Poem by Pandarian Brewmaster
"

Personal reflection at the hands of nature

"
As the flooding waves slowly wash up on the shore, I sit there alone on the pier and watch the sun slowly fading behind the horizon as the the crimson sky slowly embraces me with its dying light.
The warm air surrounds me like a soft silk cover gently wrapping around my body and cradling me to a sweet rest.
Listening to the soft tone of the waves few tears start coming out of my eyes. 
It starts with a barely noticeable shake in my heart and the grows it a ground-shaking earthquake that sends out tsunami waves of loneliness.
I get struck by that fact as if a huge sledgehammer slammed into the ground, leaving visible traces from the impact

© 2011 Pandarian Brewmaster


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This looks like a nice start. But what I would do, is I would add a sentence or two, you know. In the end, just to add a little more realism to it. Because how this is structured is that it's calm, so you're left with your thoughts, you know, and then..all of a sudden, your mind treads on the inevitable and psychologically, emotionally, there's this tsunami, but..what I'd show is that..no matter how big the explosion you feel, your surroundings, they don't change. And in a way that's how we end up moving on, you know. So I would just mention the waves a second time, or maybe that in the distance there are mute seagulls flying away or a quiet boat coming to port.

Other than that you meant to write "wash", not "was" in the first line, and "its" instead of "it's" on the second line, you don't need "some" on line three, though if you insist I imagine people could care less, and finally, "and the grows it a" doesn't mean anything, fix that bit.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like as this transcends from a sort of peaceful calm to something disruptive, aka the sledgehammer.
Nature to man-made.

I've never really taken the time to appreciate nature. Perhaps I don't have the patience for it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 5, 2010
Last Updated on September 12, 2011
Previous Versions