Growing up

Growing up

A Story by RhythmOfTheRiver
"

Change is inevitabe

"
     A little girl and her elder brother were walking in the park. As they were strolling, something caught the little girl's eyes.
     "David, what's that?" she asked, despite knowing her brother's answer.
     Looking at the beautiful and colourful creation of nature flying gracefully, the brother replied, " It's a butterfly, Carol."
     The little girl was surprised. Two years ago, his answer would have been, "Oh that! It's an extraordinary worm with funny wings!"
     "But I thought it was an extra-" she started arguing, but was cut off by her brother.
     "No, it's called a butterfly, little sis," he insisted.
     A bit angry with her brother for calling her 'little', the girl walked on quietly until they reached her favourite spot.
     "David, can we play hide-and-seek? Please!," she begged, tugging her brother's sleeve pleadingly.
     "Yah sure, let me count first," the boy closed his eyes and started counting as the little girl sped of to hide.
     Finishing his countdown, the boy opened his eyes and started looking for his sister. Unable to find her after searching thoroughly, he got worried. Just then, he heard a familiar voice giggling from the trees.
     "Carol, is that you, up there?" Then, noticing his sister's impish face appear from within the leaves, he shouted at her, "Come down right now!"
     The little girl, scared, immediately scrambled down the tree. Two years ago, he wouldn't have shouted at her like that. Instead, he would have climbed up the tree to join in their so-called 'fun'.
     Looking at her brother's angry face, the little girl bowed her head. "I'm sorry,"
     The boy sighed and kissed his sister on her forehead. "Just don't do it again, okay? What if you fell down and got hurt?" The little girl was more puzzled than ever for two years ago, if her brother was angry with her, he would not talk to her until the next day.
     So after going home, the little girl told her mother everything and asked her what was happening to her brother.
     Looking at her daughter's innocent and confused face, the woman smiled sadly and answered, "Your brother is growing up dear."

© 2017 RhythmOfTheRiver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this, is emphasizes how there are both pros and cons about losing your child-like nature and growing up. Yelling at his sister to get down instead of joining her, but being mature enough to explain his reasoning is an awesome example of this. Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RhythmOfTheRiver

6 Years Ago

Thnx :))))



Reviews

I really like this, is emphasizes how there are both pros and cons about losing your child-like nature and growing up. Yelling at his sister to get down instead of joining her, but being mature enough to explain his reasoning is an awesome example of this. Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RhythmOfTheRiver

6 Years Ago

Thnx :))))
Funny how life seems faster when you grow up. I really liked this, it was imaginative and interesting.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RhythmOfTheRiver

6 Years Ago

Thanks! =]
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome. ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..