A Peaceful Hush (her morning)

A Peaceful Hush (her morning)

A Poem by Richard🖌
"

Mollietta

"



A Peaceful Hush

Through sheer lace curtains
 sunlight greets her eyes,
 to early dove song’s
 cooing calls to rise.

A stretch, or two,
 the shutters then thrown wide ...
 life’s splend'rous wonders
 on display outside.

Lies morning dew’s brocade
 spread 'cross the lawn ...
 caught in each drop
 glints sunbeams'
 spark'ling dawn.

Rise steamy mists,
 in ghostly arabesques ...
 stand floral colours,
 tall and statuesque.

Wends warmly through …
 a gentle breeze’s brush,
 while all around takes on
  … a peaceful hush.


Richard W. Jenkins
 ©2015





"1st Place Winner"

in

The Blue Rose Challenge

© 2022 Richard🖌


Author's Note

Richard🖌
"Mollietta"
An original form created by Mollie Reckitt, from Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, in 2013.
Rules:
No limit to number of verses, with a five verse minimum, each verse has twenty-syllables in any configuration, rhyming is author's choice.

Picture, compliments of Wikimedia Commons.

Constructive critique is always welcome! : )

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know, it surprises me just how big an impact font can make on a reader. Normally, the words themselves would have to set the tone, etc etc. With every poem of yours I've read, the font (and accompaniment art) sets the stage and casts a gentle, romantic light on things. Then you, instead of using the font as a crutch, seem to use the already-set ambiance as a stepping-off point. You use your words to carry the reader through the poem like a leaf caught in a gentle summer's breeze.

Having said all that, the font doesn't take away from the words themselves, which can stand completely on their own.

One thing I like about your poems is that they aren't the typical perfectly-structured-flawlessly-rhymed love poems. Rather, they speak in romantic terms and simply set the tone for a romantic setting. There is enough mystique to make the minds of the readers work and think of their own happy places.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

3 Years Ago

Goodness-ME, Jacob! 🤔

Beautifully spake, dear poet.
How I ever missed your .. read more



Reviews

Richard
The images you conjure in my mind are magnificent. I not only see them, but I feel them. I want to be there with them. Richard your writing transports me to places I've never been, but wish to go. Thank you so much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Many grateful thanks, Dave!
Your comments reward earnest efforts and ingratiate the desire to.. read more
Very beautifully written, sir. Everything can be imagined- sunlight coming through the lace curtains and greeting the lady's eyes, dew outside- on the grass. A nice poem, with vivid descriptions of the nature and other happenings. The rhyme scheme is nice, plus the form is commendable.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Many thanks, Vatsal,
You make writing and sharing feel so enjoyable and rewarding, and there .. read more
Lovely soft tender imagery.
I've not seen this form before. I really enjoyed it Richard.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Ana Dear! : )
Your enjoyment and praise are my sincerest gratification and joy to .. read more
Matching Socks

7 Years Ago

Well you're very welcome. :)
soft, tender and beautiful! I love the ending:
a gentle breeze’s brush,
whilst all around takes on
… a peaceful hush.

I must try to do a "Mollietta" some time, but it seams complicated! May be I will try in Portuguese first!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

How beautiful, Angelina! : )
Your words in review are a sweet poem that sings into a bard's .. read more
You've aptly named this beautiful piece. The quite times of dawn, as if the gods made it to contemplate your coming day. You paint a vivid image of the birth of a new day. As always your quill has grace.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

My humble thanks to you, Bill, for your encouraging praise and for sharing your thoughts on this gen.. read more
Hi Richard,

I am so glad you entered this contest so I could get a chance to read your work. This poem was sublime and graciously executed. A "Master" at work here indeed. Loved the form and your inspirational piece of music. Thank you and I look forward to reading more...

~ Helena ~

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you ever-so warmly and gratefully, Helena!

Your graciously endearing and genero.. read more
Helena

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.......posting the awards now.....watch this space!
A delicate sip of beauty and elegance before the day is gone here :) Richard, your poetry is phenomenal...truly...an infusion of sunbursts upon the screen that glimmer when the eyes are closed :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Oh, Dear Poppy!
With such entreating words of sweet praise, you surely will spoil a humbly ho.. read more
Ah, a peaceful morning. In this one the tenderness of romance and the beauty of early morning weave such a lovely tapestry, Richard. Beautifully written and presented. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Dear Lydi, for your sweet, appreciated, and inspiring words of praise and enjoyment.
read more
Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

You've painted my morning with beauty … happy smiles 'n hugs to You! ⁓ Richard
Nice format: must try one!

Lovely rich wording. Enjoyable read!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Tomás, for such nice compliments to this wispy piece, and for your gratifyingly welcome .. read more
This poem is eternal, in its silence, its serenity, in its love. The loveliest aspect which adorns this poem is its perception, perception of one everyday act of waking up, and seeing your beloved in all their splendor and natural magnificence, seeing them beautifully flow into the loveliness and kindness of nature. Such a simple act has been captured so tenderly with words. It's full of awe, it's full of gratitude, it's summer in veins, and in spirit. I'ts so calming, and it glides, the poem honestly glides like those lace curtains! Thank you for such an amazing and magnified perception and experience, there's beauty in simplicity and it is so wonderfully explicated and shown, that my mind has imagined 10 thousand little pictures cut out in hearts and cupcakes,lol. Thank you for such an exquisite poem, what an intricate and delicious view of life and love! :)

Lots of love and warm hugs!

I always learn something new in your poems and today as no different, thank you for utilizing "Mollietta", I didn't know about it! You're full of wonder and amazement, Richard, truly you're!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2346 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2022

Author

Richard🖌
Richard🖌

Houston, TX



About
~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~·&.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..