BEHIND CLOSED EYES... (a sensuous touch)

BEHIND CLOSED EYES... (a sensuous touch)

A Poem by Richard🖌
"

Parabolic Quatrain

"
 photo 5b51a2b9-6931-423b-b581-d2e89141eae9_zps2apjxooh.jpg
 photo Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 8.48.28 AM_zpsrqg6fubn.png

© 2018 Richard🖌


Author's Note

Richard🖌
"Parabolic Quatrain"
An original form created by
Richard W. Jenkins © 27 June 2010

Five Quatrains in lines of 8-count each, with the beginning of each line indented right one click more below the title from line 1 through line 10, and one click left indent left from line 12 through line 20, with lines 10 and 11 of equal indent, creating a smooth parabolic presentation.
Rhythm/Meter is in iambic tetrameter.
Rhyme Scheme: abab, cdcd, efef, ghgh, ijij.

Painting: Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

All well-intended critique is welcomed and appreciated! : )

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The parabolic format is a very nice touch here.
I see: the bend in the river, the curve of an eye lid,the small of a woman's back, lips curling in a gentle smile, the bowing out of one soul to touch their lover's soul at climax...
And on and on. I valuable tool in this poem. Too often the format is rather random and does not add to the construct of emotion and thought of the write.

Now, the vocabulary and phrasing were like the river in the painting. You paint a quiet depth with your words. There is a place to rest, or float in the experience. Yet, water is persistent and powerful. It can only be directed, and never fully contained.

Oh how I long to be in her arms and see the bliss we shared when our eyes were closed and our vision pure love...
I don't know what weather to be happy or sad... Maybe a spectrum of emotions are mixed into a cocktail of memories inebriation as I contemplate your art here.

Lovely write Richard.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you ever-so gratefully, David, for such a rich, complimentary, and rewarding review.
read more
 David Scott

8 Years Ago

My pleasure indeed. A very inspirational read for me.
J. J.  Nightingale

7 Years Ago

I miss David Scott..................................



Reviews

Wow! Look how beautiful that is!
I imagine this poem hanging on a wall, a piece of art, for people to come up to, and read.

I bet you can make a nice poem shaped like an hourglass.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Oh!
You make my insides dance.
What lovely things to say to me, Karen. ; )
Did .. read more
GreenShoes

6 Years Ago

Yes, it was a wonderful moment, indeed! :)
Well, I don't even know what "Parabolic" means..lol.. I it doesn't matter at all..lol.... I like the sway of blue, the image conveys .. I feel as if I am there....eyes closed, heart and soul open.... and feeling and knowing the treasures of each other.... absolutely fab !!!



Jazzy ;).................

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J. J.  Nightingale

7 Years Ago

Truth.............................. :(.....lol
Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

I truly enjoyed your review … thank you ever-so gratefully, Jasmine … hugs to you! : )
J. J.  Nightingale

7 Years Ago

:)...............................................
wow! i am so glad i happened on this "Parabolic" form of yours ..the visual is captivating and i haven't even read yet ..nice accompanying pic as well...
wonderful to read and experience ...fresh content that gives credit to the man partner (as I read it) it seems that "she" gets the soft and warm breaths to give ;) nicely done ..all of it kind of grand ..the real beauty of physical loving lay in the mind and soul connection ..really appreciate that your poem brings the reader to that .. petty special ...one to recite to our ladies for sure ...
E.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Hi,Gene! : )
I, too, am "so glad" you happened by to read and leave your always gracious, cle.. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

back at you sir! that pic is so appropriate .. when i see it .. it is so easy to see it behind close.. read more
This was more erotic than sensual, I felt ;)
I liked the parabolic layout of this piece which really enhances the effect of the words on the reader :)
The last lines give a really beautiful touch to the romance in this one.. I loved reading this one, as I do each work of yours, Richard :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

As usual, we harmonize, and I agree that this unique little piece is mildly erotic, while warmly sen.. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

You're welcome, Richard. It always warms my sense to read your works :)
Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Mine, yours, too! ; )
That is a pretty good romantic poem. The form is nice too. Each action of affection has been described in a lovely manner. "Warm touch", "Wet lips", etc add to the beauty of the poem. I specifically like the line "'pon lush, green grass we share our dreams". Your piece includes affection compounded with deep emotions and nature. Love is powerful, it does transcend time and space and it does unite two souls. I read somewhere that love is like a rose, the only difference is that love doesn't wilt. Potency of love is clearly, vividly highlighted in your poem and imagery is just beautiful. I loved reading it. Keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Thanks, Vatsal!
Your expressions of enjoyment and love of this unique piece are praise and gr.. read more
A great write...u r amazing writer...what a style..nicely penned..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Again, Randhir,
I am privileged to a visit from your lovely self, and I must say I love the a.. read more
Mesmerizing, sensual, captivating, ever so alluring is the total package; the curve of the words only adds to the images your words invite the mind to form and get lost in, the image whisks me away to a den of pleasure behind closed eyes, and the words, oh the words, how they charm me! Your creation is filled with "hold me closer" romance, enough to capture the heart of any woman who reads it!
Thank you for providing satisfaction in a way that shall not be soon forgotten!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Mm!
Well, Dear Sheila, satisfying my lady readers with sensual poetry is certainly one of my .. read more
I can almost hear the movement and lapping of that water against the bank. This is full of visual and sensory beauty. Your work elicits so much feeling from the reader, and you engage all senses in the read. The fact that you use form, and do it so effortlessly, is absolutely amazing to me! I will not fault you for being a Master...that would be tacky and only due to an envy of your talent. I must sigh now.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Claire,
I wish I had adequate expressions to convey how deeply and sensationally yours touch .. read more
Critique? Well, personally, I have none because each time I read your writing, I am transcended Richard...you stall reality for your readers and give them a soft expression to melt and merge into...gracefully and always elegantly...sheer beauty :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Gosh, Sweetheart!
How on earth and outer space did I ever miss your enthrallingly gorgeous re.. read more
A craftsman you are with words and format! Perfect!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Andrew, for your words of praise and recognition.
I am happy you found favor in th.. read more
andrew mitchell

8 Years Ago

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!! really something!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

865 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 26, 2018

Author

Richard🖌
Richard🖌

Houston, TX



About
~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~·&.. more..

Writing
Pic Pic

A Poem by Richard🖌



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..