OUR PSALMS (love's ink)

OUR PSALMS (love's ink)

A Poem by Richard🖌
"

Unmetered Quatrains

"


OUR PSALMS 

---------------------------------------------~**~---------------------------------------------


In dappled quiet of darkness I write ... 

songs weeping from a hungered yearning soul, 

that sing unto life of slow, fading light ... 

recalling moments lonely heartaches stole. 


When days were young and time was all I had, 

I’d thought each morrow was a promised gift; 

each one brought something new, still always sad; 

alas, my seasons passed-on … much too swift. 


Seeped o’er … a mist of unrelenting gloom, 

each dream a rose that died upon its vine. 

A sudden chill crept in, cold as a tomb; 

those days were never sweet, like sun-kissed wine. 


'Twas then thrummed in my heart a melody; 

swiftly and sweet, throughout the soul it flowed, 

as tho soft wings of angels swept me free ... 

all darkness lifted, soft my being glowed. 


Each moment, I now worship it in joy ... 

cast, too, away all sorrows ‘pon the wind. 

These golden gifts from You did I employ, 

to mantle o'er ache's grip, dire burdens' end. 


I’ll sip more slowly moments from time's well, 

savor heady hours from memories past; 

seek how to smile and dance inside your spell, 

drinking my fill of You -- and love at last! 


When wakes each golden sunrise, you’re the gifts 

that sing life into me from endless ages ... 

while pens spill stardust ink in sparkling drifts 

of psalms -- inscribed upon our poems’ pages. 


---------------------------------------------~**~---------------------------------------------

Richard W. Jenkins

©2017

© 2017 Richard🖌


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

there is nothing so sweet in this life, says i, as getting to that "mature" age ..i love it! and never in a minute have desire to go back to the awkward, impetuous, foolish days of my youth ...i like relating this to God as the "you" ... very romantic and wisdom filled poem Richard ..enjoyed reading
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Gene,
You've said a mouthful, My Friend!
Unlike you, if I had it to do all over again,.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

love ya man! ;)



Reviews

To feel that inspired by someone...it does feel holy. The only way to honor that feeling is by writing a psalm. Which you did so incredibly well....

"These golden gifts from You did I employ,
to mantle o'er ache's grip, dire burdens' end."

You have such a gift with words my friend.




Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Ever-so warmly and gratefully, Dear Muse,
I bow under the gracious weight of such praise and .. read more
Rich, I envisioned you standing with the microphone, and spotlight on you, with audience mesmerised by each line...

this opening line;"In dappled quiet of darkness I write ... " depict several interpretation, emotions, and wonders. As a writer, i know how it feels to sit in the darkness with just one flicker of golden candle light and write.

the poem is solemn, calm, and contends all the fine poetic elements. great write..

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Dear Mirror*
The bright, gentle touch of your words swept me gratefully and warmly.. read more
Mirror

6 Years Ago

oh! thank you Rich! *Beaming!
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Your pleasure is mine, M'Lady! : )
Richard - as I lay here I allowed the words you have shared to flow through me and they have touched me deeply. Not many can write words that infuses such strong feelings throughout.

Your words have again led me right into the moment as if you were whispering them softly in my ear as you always do. ;)

I have missed your special words Sir. Angel




Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Hi, Dear Angel!
How warmly your words embrace an olde bard's senses and dance his imagination.. read more
Angelheart1

6 Years Ago

You are very welcome and I’m definitely feeling it too Sir. Warm hugs back, Angel
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

∼∼∼≈≈≈≋≋≋🤗≋≋≋≋≈≈≈∼∼∼
Well Richard, here is goes..I have lost count on how many times I have read this stunning poem of yours. The feelings it invokes and the sentiments expressed are beyond compare. I'm so taken by this piece, I don't know where to start. ok, breathe... :-) S1 right from the start, the heart tugging begins, S2S3 ouch and more ouch! unrelenting gloom.. ( I partically likes..steeped o'er) Some memeories of the past are just to hard to visit. Maybe in those reflections do we realize how sadly a" rose dies upon the vine".. coldness does set in and can totally consume ones heart. ( still breathing, but dang boy).But then ( Thank God!) A "melody thrummed" ( love that)...and yes! As long as we wake each morning, there is always hope.S456 It's always the little things huh Richard.. realizing how precious time is and never letting a moment pass. ( oh yummy delicious line) drinking my fill of you...and love...at last! ( ya know I live for the happy ending) Sparkling drifts of Psalms..wonderful wording, as this piece reads of a lifes song.I am so completely entralled by this piece and this amazing gift you have mastered. This poem goes way beyond words written..the thoughts and emotions resonate deep inside. I am just amazed at your ability to compose such works of breath taking, heart melting, outstandingly vivid imagery to the crushing tones of sadness and regret.. ( though this one wraps around to happiness)...I just don't know what else to say..I am just left to read this again and again and again.. :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Susan 🦋

6 Years Ago

You and this poem are amazing. I may need to reasearch this unmetered quatrains.. :-p
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Well, it's only barely unmetered … LOL! : D
Susan 🦋

6 Years Ago

ok. Ill look.
No one else I know writes poetry with thoughts feelings and tearjerking emotions like you Richard the master poet can and no one else plunks my heartstrings with a beautiful sad melody either my great great teacher, this one makes tears flow and my soul dance all at the same time, you made it rhyme perfect and it reads smooth as warm butter on a hot tasty buttermilk biscuit with honey.
I admire and enjoy your tender patient sweet ways more than my simple words can ever say and I love every word line verse picture and everything is just amazing to look at and feel in the pit of my stomach and I really really hope you are never ever sad like that again -- thank you with all of myself for sharing yourself! :)

HUGGS!
Sammi

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Thank you ever-so gratefully, Dear Sammi! : )
There are few (if any) whom so elaborately slat.. read more
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

"this piece of sadly effulgent verse"
Sheesh, my fingers are too stiff on this cool morn … .. read more
Sammi

6 Years Ago

Aw you make me want to hug you so tight! ;)
I can understand you just fine Mr. Jenkins.
.. read more
I've read this more than five times since it was posted, and each change You've made, made it even more heart-warming, heart-gripping, and the truth I didn't want to review it, not knowing what I would say, just wanted it to be there and here like a spotlighted lone masterpiece of Your life's homage, one would want only to listen without intervention... until, humbly here it comes...

in the stillness of Your page I hear
the dancing ink of ocean's spray
gentleness of blue, depth of strength
the yearning gratitude, ever the same.

in the pauses, the ink sings to me
ancient scars of Thy* Bard's heart
still the warrior's spirit lifting up
golden words, pulsing~ touching the sky.

Flowing ink~ a whole life behind
each wound, each heartache was a gift
that Love now, dwells in the soft tears
not of sadness but of wondrous bliss
that heavens are being written
in ink of Light, in ink of Love
creating pages of healing balsams~



Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

I am more than grateful for your enthralling words, M'Lady! : )

(I deleted a couple o.. read more
lightsong

6 Years Ago

It seems we were doing it together, because I was deleting them and it wasn't responding.
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Probably, me interfering, not realizing you already saw and were remedying it, but we did it togethe.. read more
Oh Richard, you speak so sweetly of an awakening ~ from feeling sad, unloved through many Seasons of your life to finally finding peace and accepting the good things in life ... and then sharing the experience through your poetry.

Though this piece started out with words of sadness it ended on a high note, with an appreciation of one waking up to enjoy another beautiful God given day.

Richard, thanks for sharing your beautiful work/words with us ~ this is a GREAT write.🌹

Please take care, have a wonderful evening and enjoy each new day to the fullest my dear lifetime friend. ❤️

Blessings, 🙏
~ mj

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Thank you warmly, Mary Jo,
Your wonderfully spoken words of understanding, appreciation, and .. read more
heavenscentgirl1

6 Years Ago

As always ~ its my pleasure to read the words of the Master Poet. There definitely is no doubt tha.. read more
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Miles of happy smiles! 😃

I’ll sip more slowly moments from time's well,
savor heady hours from memories past;
seek how to smile and dance inside your spell,
drinking my fill of You " and love … at last

It's beautiful as usual Richard... :)
Shows how over the period of time we learn to appreciate life with whatever it gives to us....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

Hi, Lady Ria!
You've highlighted my favorite verse … great minds work alike. : )
It .. read more
Ardra

6 Years Ago




:) i guess great minds do think a like after all

everything .. read more
Richard🖌

6 Years Ago

As I am to receive your embracing words, Dear Poetess! ⁓ RJ

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1177 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2017
Last Updated on December 15, 2017

Author

Richard🖌
Richard🖌

Houston, TX



About
~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~··~ ~·&.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..