"Justin"

"Justin"

A Story by Richard Edwards

Justin

By Richard Edwards

 

1.

            Justin woke up in his usual bed he made of black giant trash bags and straw. Justin has a dirty blonde hair, which he never washes. He has acne all over his face and is about five foot nine. You can see his ribs poke though his skin because he hardly ever has a decent meal. He had one pillow in which was just Wall-Mart bags stuffed with aged newspaper clippings found in the trash cans of neighbors, some in which were used in a litter box by the neighbor's pets.

            Every morning he goes through the same routine. He wakes up in the trash bag bed and sits up. With a stiff back he then places his bare feet on the splintery, rat infested, and rotten floor. He does not wear underwear or pajamas because he does not own a pair of his own and he can't afford to buy his own. He stretched his arms and backs and then walks out of his room and turns right. Then he walks down the hall to the bathroom. He opens the door and proceeds to urinate in the toilet. The house has no running water and the toilet is beginning to run over the edge. A mixture of urine (human and rodent), body odor (male and female), and feces (also human and rodent) fill the air throughout the condemned house. He then walks out of the bathroom and walks back to his room.

            He walked out of the bathroom, down the hall and back into his room. He starts to get dressed for the day. He had to get dressed in the dark because his mom fails to make the minimum payments on the electric bill. He puts on the same old worn out blue jeans and white, stained, and pierced with holes t-shirt he wears everyday. And then puts on his old muddy red and black checkered flannel jacket which smells much like the body odor of a growing teenage boy. He then slipped on his old leather sandals and grabbed his same old beaten down black back pack he received for free prior to starting Kindergarten at a back to school party at the local Baltimore Baptist Church. He placed the thirteen-year-old backpack on his back and walked out of the door-less doorway and back into the hallway.

            He walked down the hallway to where his mother's room is. He peaked into the room at a slightly over weight hairy woman with red hair and several wrinkles on her face lying in the bed. Lying on the floor by her old, cracked, wooden bed were about twenty Jack Daniels glass Whiskey bottles. She had around two hundred more or so more in the closet.

            “Mom?” Justin asked his mother awaiting an answer. His mother gave no answer. He rolled his eyes and placed his old backpack down on the splintery and rotten floor. He started to step into his mother's room. “Mom?” He asked again. The ape-like woman still gave no answer. He proceeded towards the nearly broken bed where his mother lied. She was snoring heavily. Justin rolled her on her side to prevent her from drowning in her sleep when she threw up.

            He then turned around and started to walk towards the doorway. When he was half way across the floor he stepped on an empty Jack Daniels whiskey bottle. The glass shattered and a large piece of glass was then wedged through his sandal and into his foot. “F**k!!!” He screamed at the top of his lungs. Blood then began to rush from the cut. He limped out of his mom's room, down the hallway, and then into his room leaving footprints of blood behind him.

            He sat down and propped his foot up on his right leg to observe his injury. He grabbed the fairly large nearly two inches of glass. 'One, Two, Three.' He thought to himself as he began to pull the abnormally large piece of glass out of his foot. “S**t!!!” he screamed as a tear rolled down his face.

            He limped back down the hall towards his mother's room to see if his cries of pain woke her up. He peaked he around the corner and looked at his mom. She still lied there on her side passed out with a whiskey bottle in her hand. He then walked over to her bedside and slipped the half full whiskey bottle out of her hand being careful to not wake her up. He then limped back down the hallway back to his room.

            He sat down again and once again propped his foot up on his right leg. He pulled the cork out of the glass Jack Daniels Whiskey bottle and took a sip. 'One, two, three' he thought to himself again and tilted the bottle of whiskey towards his foot. The rest of the whiskey then pored on his injured foot as a disinfectant.

            “S**t!!!” He screamed again due to the burning sensation at the bottom of his foot. He then grabbed a couple old articles from his pillowcase and wrapped it and tied it around the injury and slipped his sandal back on.

            He walked out of his bedroom and down the hallway to his mother's doorway. He picked up his backpack as his mother continued sleeping on her side in the old wooden bed.

            “Bye mom, I got to go. I'm going to be f*****g late,” he said in a soft voice knowing his mom did not hear him. He walked down the old rotten stairwell. As he stepped on each step they creaked and moaned. He reached the bottom of the stairwell into the living room. The living room was damp, dark and depressing. All the windows had the shades drawn because the light from the sun would hurt his mother's head and eyes when she was having a hang over, which was nearly every morning. With cobwebs and dust surrounding he walked across the room to the door. He opened the door and walked out onto the front porch. He walked off the porch and began to walk to school.

            The house in which they lived in was falling down at the scenes. It was and old wooden house painted white. The wood was rotting. Justin was a father in the since he had no father. His dad walked out on him and his mother when Justin was only two. He told her he was going out to get a carton of cigarettes and he never returned. That is when his mother began drinking. He began walking to school when Johnny Lewis, a classmate of Justin's, would whip by on his Huffy branded bicycle chanting “Justin the b*****d, Justin the b*****d! Justin the stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and started to tear up. His face turned red as tears started to roll down his face. He wiped the tears off of his face and began to walk faster prying to get that he would not run into anymore of his classmates on his way to school. He then walked a quarter mile or so and the he arrived at the front of the school in Baltimore, Tennessee at 8:15 am.

 

2.

            He gazed at the school building with an expression of hate and disgust. With no one in site (as he was fifteen minutes late for his first period, Chemistry II, due to the fact that classes started at 8pm.) he started to walk towards the door. As he approached the door he reached out and pulled the silver colored handle towards him to open the door. The door did not open. The door was locked.

            “God damn!” he said to himself as he looked over at a devise, much like that of a doorbell, on the brick wall beside the door. It was a black devise with a gray button and a speaker attached to it. He reached his right arm over and pushed the little gray button with his index finger. The devise made a buzzer noise as a red light lit up and a lady's voice came over the speaker.

            “Your name please.” The woman's voice said over the black intercom. Justin then sighed.

            “Justin Hughes.” he said as he rolled his eyes. The woman the paused as if she was looking though a book of some kind.

            “Come in and report the main office immediately!” The woman said angrily. Another buzz sound came through the black speaker; the red light changed to green and lit up. He once again pulled on the handle and he pulled the door open. He then walked into the lobby of the school.

            He looked into the empty hallway and then to the main office. The entire student was in their homeroom classes. He walked to the sign that read 'Main Office' on the double doors. He opened the right door and walked into the main office.

            As he stepped into the office he looked across the room. There sat Mrs. Kenning at her desk reading Fifty Shades of Gray. She had grayish blonde hair with wrinkles surrounding her face. He walked over to her desk.

            “Excuse me.” Justin said in a sarcastic tone. She slammed down the book and sighed as she rolled her eyes. She then looked up at him.

            “Can I help you?” Mrs. Kenning asked him in a grouchy tone of voice. They gazed at each other in despite.

            “Uh, yes, I'm Justin.” he told her. She just glared at him with confusion. “Uh, they guy from out side.”  He added. She still gazed at him with a confused expression on her face. “You told me to come strait the office.” he added again. After they exchanged with each other their disgusting looks, she sighed and reached over to grab a class tardy slip. She then grabbed the blue slip, a black ink pen, and started to fill the slip out. As she reached the bottom of the slip she glanced down at the tardy book. She realized that he has been late already five times that year (this being the sixth). She stopped writing and looked up at Justin.

            “This is your sixth tardy this year.” she informed him with spite. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

            “So what?” he said to her also in spite. She looked at him with disgust. She then dropped the ink pen and pointed towards the door that had a nameplate, which read 'Principal Books Office' above the door.

            “Go to the principal's office immediately!” She said still with a grouchy tone in her voice. He sighed and rolled his eyes again. He then dropped his head and started to walk towards the principal's office door.

            Justin approached the wooden door of the principal's office. He lifted his arm and knocked on the wooden door.

            “Come in!” Principal Brooks yelled through the door. Justin reached for the silver doorknob and turned it to the right. He then pushed the door open and walked into the office. “What the hell do you want?” Principal Brooks asked Justin in a hateful tone of voice.

            “Mrs. Kenning told me to come see you about my six tardiest.” Justin informed him. He was an old man about sixty years old who had a silver gray hairpiece. He weighed around three hundred pounds and was about five feet tall.

            “And you are?” He asked the young man not remembering who the young man was.

            “Justin Hughes! My name is Justin Hughes!” He screamed at the old fat principal. Mr. Brooks threw down his ink pen with which he was writing with and stood up from his desk. He then slammed down his fists on his desk, which resulted in him knocking over his coffee mug.

            “Who the hell do you think you are? You can not yell at me like that, I am your elder!” He screamed at the young man prior to looking down at his desk then noticing the coffee all over his desk. “Damn it!” He screamed at the top of his lungs to Justin. “Do you see what you made my do you mother f*****g son of a b***h?” He said still screaming at Justin. “You just bought yourself detention the rest of the year!” he said as he continued to scream at Justin.

            “But. But.” Justin started prior to being interrupted by Principal Brooks.

            “No buts, now get the hell out of my God damn office you mother f****r!” he yelled at Justin for the last time. Justin then turned around, opened the door, walked out of the office, and slammed the wooden door shut behind him. He then walked up to Mrs. Kenning's desk. He grabbed the tardy slip off of it and stormed out of the office.

            After leaving the office, he walked at a slow pace to his first period Chemistry II class, which only had ten minutes left in it. He walked into the science department of the school and approached the door, which read Mrs. Johnson above it on a nameplate. He reached out for the silver doorknob and opened the door. He walked into the classroom. He walked to the back of the room to Mrs. Johnson's desk and handed the tardy slip to her. He went to sit down at his desk for the remaining five minutes of class. The bell rung as all the students stood up grabbed their belongings and walked out of the room.

            After another miserable day at school the final bell of the day rung and all the students walked outside of the school building.

            “Eat s**t you God damn b*****d!” the school bully Billy Woods yelled to Justin. He and his gang of thugs pushed Justin down into the dirt and laughed at him. Billy kicked dust into the young man's face, they laughed at him again and walked away. Justin dusted himself off and stood up with tears running down his face. He put his old back pack back upon his back and ran home while all the kids were pointing, laughing, and chanting: “B*****d, b*****d!”

            He then arrived back home. His ape like mother sat there in the darkness drinking another bottle of Jack Daniels. She did not even acknowledge the fact that he was crying or that he was even in the same room. He then ran up the rotting stairwell and ran strait to his room. He jumped down on his homemade trash bag bed and started sobbing.

 

3.

            He remained there on the trash bag covered floor crying.

            “Please God please, make it stop.,” he said as beads of tears rolled down his face. He lied there with his face down in the trash bags for three hours sobbing before finally drifting off to sleep.

                       As he reached rapid eye movement (more commonly known as a dream sequence) he started to dream about walking up to his Baltimore High School and getting ready to start the school day. Everything and everyone was moving at slow motion. He was wearing his same old clothes he wore everyday (as opposed to his usual every nightmare dream about going to school in his underwear.) He started to walk into the door of the school. The fellow teenagers surrounding him started to whisper amongst themselves. As he walled down the hall he noticed that everyone was whispering from students to teachers and pointing at him. The whispers started to grow louder and louder as he walked down the hallway. As he continued walking down the hallway the hallway grew longer in length, shorter in height, and darker. The lights started to flicker on and off. The whispers grew even louder, but he was still unable to understand what exactly they were saying. He approached the end of the hallway, which by now was in almost complete darkness. He opened the door at the end of the hallway. The room inside was completely dark. He then walked into the pitch-black dark room with his heart rate increasing ever so rapidly. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! He could feel his chest vibrating and his palms starting to sweat.

            “Hello?” he asked upon entering the dark room. The whispers still were growing louder and stronger. He started to get the feeling as if someone was watching him. He fumbled around in the dark room much like a blind man with no walking stick. He reached out in the darkness and grabbed what he thought was a rope hanging from the rafters. There was something strange about the rope starting with the fact that it felt like it was covered with rough reptile like scales up and down it. He quickly realized that what he was touching was not a rope, but a constrictor. The demonic reptile hissed and he let loose of the snake.

            “Snake!” He yelled as he jumped back across the dark and damp room. The room had now a bit of a muggy smell to it. He started to walk backwards. As he reached where the wall should be he felt a presence. He ran into this figure with shaped like an extremely tall Sasquatch or an ape-man. The figure was breathing heavily. He could see the carbon dioxide exist from his nose. He tried his best to remain calm. He started to take a slow step forward.  He then turned around to face the giant ape like figure. After turning around he realized the figure was gone. 'It was just a part of my imagination.' He thought to himself.

            “Die.” A demon voice yelled out from the darkness. He started to tremble and shake. Sweat and tears were mixing together and pouring down his face. He started sobbing again. He fell down on the cold black floor. He still continued to cry. On his hands and knees he started to beg.

            “Please, please God! Help me!” Justin prayed quietly. He then lied down there in the feudal position sucking his thumb.

            “Die! Die!” The demon voice continued to chant. Justin pulled the thumb out of his mouth and started to stand up off of the floor. He finally reached his feet after five minutes of lying on the floor trying to reach the courage deep inside of him.

            “What! What do you want from me! Please leave me alone!!!” He shouted at the top of his lungs almost delirious to the deep demon voice. The whispers were now louder than ever. He could barely hear himself think as he felt a migraine starting to form. “Stop it! Stop it!!!” He shouted to the point of his voice becoming horse.

            “Five!” The demon voice said.

            “Five, five, five” The whispering voices copied. He began to cry again. He dropped back on his knees.

            “What!!!??? What do you want with me!!!???” He asked the voices awaiting an answer.

            “Four!” The demon voice said.

            “Four! Four! Four!” The whispering voices copied again.

            “What do you want?” He screamed at the voice.

            “Three!” The demon voice said as it continued to count down.

            “Three! Three! Three!” The whispers said.

            “Leave me alone!!! Please!!!” He yelled out while crying.

            “Two!!!” The demon voice said.

            “Two! Two! Two!” The whispering voices said.

            “Stop it!!! Stop it!!! Stop it!!!” He said as he stood up and started jumping up and down throwing a tantrum.

            “One!” The demon voice yelled as loudly as it could almost shattering the eardrum of the young man.

            “One! One! One!” The whispering voices said louder then ever.

            “What are you going to do!!!???” He yelled out. He stood there sweating awaiting his fate.

            “Boo!” A voice yelled out as a masked figure ran out from the shadows with a machete knife. The knife deeply penetrated his stomach and his guts. Justin fell to the ground. The masked figure removed his mask. The mask fell to the ground. The murderer was none other than Billy Woods. Billy began to laugh historically. The florescent lights flickered on. The whispering voices were the rest of his classmates from his Chemistry class. Mr. Brooks, Mrs. Kenning, and Mrs. Johnson were also there laughing and pointing at the dyeing young man. As the laughter grew louder Justin saw a white light.

            “AGGGHHH!!!” Justin yelled as he awoke from the nightmare. Sweat was pouring down his face. “They all have to pay!” He whispered to himself.

 

4.

            He stood up from the trash bag and hay bed. He went over to the window and gazed out of it as he started to ponder to find the solution to his problem. He just kept staring out of the window for about four hours there was minimal blinking from Justin while staring out of the window. He started to drool as if he was starving and gazing at a big juicy steak, however in reality he was just in deep thought.

            'I could tell a Mrs. Kenning, Mr. Brooks, or Mrs. Johnson about Billy Woods bullying me.' He thought to himself.  Then he thought it over. 'No, the stupid mother f*****g sons of b*****s probably would not do anything about it.' He then continued to think. 'The God damn mother fuckers would probably just stand there and laugh as Billy Woods kicked my God damn a*s hole in.' He added to his thought.

            'Maybe I could tell Mrs. Lopez about the situation. He thought. Mrs. Lopez was a Mexican American lady with long brown hair and dark brown eyes. She had a nicely shaped round buttocks and nice round breasts.  She was about 23 years old strait out of college. She was five feet and four inches tall. Justin had a bit of a crush on her every since he placed eyes upon her when he was a freshman and had her for Spanish I class. 'She was such a babe' is how I believe he would put it. 'She probably would not believe me.' Justin stopped and then thought again.

            He just kept sitting there and staring out the window at the black night sky. '; Maybe I could jump Billy as he is on his way to school with my mom's pair of brass knuckles.' he then thought: Then he realized that that would not work either. 'He has way too many of his dumb a*s b*****d friends to back him up and they would probably gain up on me. Then Mr. Brooks would probably suspend me.     He continued to think. The very disbursing thought entered his mind. 'Maybe I should just kill myself.' He then started to think about dangerous suicidal thoughts.

            “I could do it by hanging myself with the old rope out in the barn.” After about four hours of staring out of the window he looked down at the ground.

            “There is only one way.” Justin out of ideas mumbled to himself.  Suddenly, as if a light bulb went off in his head, he leaped up and started to get dressed rapidly. He put the same old clothes on in which he wore everyday. He then grabbed an old yellow wooden No. 2 pencil with the eraser half chewed off, the metal end bent, and teeth marks along the wooden casing part surrounding the led. He then grabbed an old yellow spiral notebook that was given to him for free from the same Baltimore Church as his old worn out backpack. The front cardboard cover of the notebook was nearly almost completely ripped from the metal spirals. The spirals up and down along the left side of the notebook were bent and out of line making the pages hard to flip through. Most of the pages in the notebook were illustrations drawn by Justin of fellow classmates being murdered in unique ways. On one page of the notebook Billy Woods was drawn in the center of the page lying upon a table with leather straps around his ankles and wrists. Swinging through the abdomen of Billy was an extremely large pendulum, much like the one used in the infamous short story by Edgar Allan Poe, “The Pit and the Pendulum,” (Justin was an avid reader of Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft stories). His guts and other internal organs were thrown across the basement cellar in the illustration. His severed arteries were squirting blood everywhere. His tong was aging out of his open mouth with the typical exes drawn in the cartoon man's eyes.

            Another picture that was illustrated was a picture of Mr. Brooks lying in a hospital bed strapped down with his foot severed from his body. Standing next to the bed was Annie Wilkes, the character and situation from the New York Times Best Selling novel Misery by Stephen King (He also read a lot of Stephen King's novels and short stories.)

            He flipped to the last blank page in the notebook. He then sat down on the floor in Indian style and placed the old spiral notebook in front of him. He started the draw another picture. This one of him in the main hallway of the Baltimore High School. He was standing in the center of the hallway holding a twelve Gage shot gun. Around him were the dead bodies of his peers. Pools of blood were all up and down the dead hallway. He ripped the paper from the metal spirals and threw the spiral notebook across the room onto the trash bag and hey bed. He put the pencil back into the cup he grabbed it from and laid the illustration in the middle of the room. He then walked glanced at his old wind-up watch to see what time it was now. '5:30 am' the watch read. He walked over to the door of his bedroom and glanced outside to see if his mother, even though unlikely, was still awake. He looked back at the crumbled ball of paper on his trash bag bed.

            “Now there's an idea!” he said to himself with an evil smirk on his face.

 

5.

            Now knowing the plan, he quietly tipped toed out of his bedroom into the long and dark hallway. The hallway was completely dark as there were no windows or light bulbs in the light fixtures. He was walking extremely lightly across the wooden splintered floor of the hallway. Still due to the houses old age the floorboards still squeaked with event the lightest stroke across it. He sat his sight on the doorway of the room of his ape like mother. As he approached the doorway of his drunken mother's room he heard something move within the darkness. Justin paused in his place and listened for any other movements in the darkness. He heard the old wooden bed squeak in his mother's room as he stood in complete and total silence.

            “Oh s**t! She's getting up!” he whispered to himself as he slowly and quietly retreated from his mother’s bedroom back to his own. No longer walking lightly he reached his bedroom as the floors squeaked louder than a mass murder of field mice. The short mere seconds it took him to reach his room felt like fifteen minutes. He reached the doorway to his room and leaped off of the wooden splintery floor onto the trash bag and hey bed and pretended to be asleep.

            “Justin?” Margret Hale, Justin's mother asked waiting for an answer from her son. Her Reba McIntyre like red hair was in messy curls and she was wearing the same sleep attire in which she always wore (a long white and blue checkered hospital gown and old worn out pair of pink fuzzy slippers she dug from her neighbors trash can in 1990 before Justin was even born.)

            “What has that dumb a*s b*****d son of mine been up to?” Margret mumbled under her breath as she walked into the hallway. She proceeds towards Justin's bedroom. As she was walking down the hallway she planted her right foot upon a loose nail from the poorly constructed wooden floor.

            “Mother f*****g son of a God damn B***h!” She yelled at the top of her lungs as the nail went in and through her right foot. “My f*****g foot! God damn it!” She continued to yell and cuss like a sailor. She lifted her right foot and leaned it upon her knee. She balanced her back upon the rotting wall and garbed the nail with her left hand. She then pulled the nail out of her foot.

            “AWWW MOTHER F****R!!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs and sounded as if she had the most unbelievable orgasm of her life. She threw the nail to the other side of hallway. She turned around and limped down the rotting stairs. “F**k, f**k, f**k!” She said with every step she took towards the bottom of the stairwell.

            She reached the bottom of the steps and turned towards the kitchen in the dark damp living room. She continued to limp until she reached the kitchen. She walked into the dark kitchen, which was quite possibly the most disgusting room in the entire house. Mold was growing on the floor, walls, in the sink, and many more places. The room was infested with nets and flies among other pests such as rats and mice. She walked towards the refrigerator and opened the door. The odor flowing from in the air from the refrigerator was nearly unbearable. She grabbed a whiskey bottle and started to return to her room. She once again proceeded up the stairwell leaving more bloody footsteps on each step of the stairwell. As she reached the top of the stairs she paused.

            “Justin you little sick b*****d is you awake?” She asked almost hoping for no answer. Justin did not answer as he continued playing possum on his trash bag bed. She shrugged her solders and went into her bedroom. She popped the cork on the bottle of whiskey and poured two drops on her injured food, as she did not like “wasting” good whiskey on any other use other than drinking.

            After a couple of hours of laying and playing possum, Justin rose from the trash bag bed and walked to his bedroom door. He peaked around the corner to see if he could see his mom. After no sign of his mom he once again attempted to tip toe towards his mom's room. He reached the doorway of his mom’s room and his silently peaked around the corner. His mom was lying on the bed passed out with the now empty liquor bottle in her hand.

            “Typical.” Justin mumbled under his berth feeling ashamed of his mother. He slowly and quietly tips toed into the bedroom of his mother. He approached the closet on the left hand side of the room. He slowly and gently opened the door to the closet as the door was in desperate need of WD40 as it was extremely squeaky. He glanced over at the fat gorilla woman that was his mom lying in the bed to ensure she was still asleep. He turned back to the closet and set his eyes upon a twelve gage shot gun in the closet. He grabbed the shotgun and grabbed an additional 9 mm magnum. He stuffed the magnum in his pocket and placed the strap on the 12 Gage shot gun around the solder. He walked to the doorway of his mom's bedroom then he paused. He turned around and looked the miserable pathetic woman in bed. He gently sat the 12 Gage shot gun on the wooden floor and leaned it up against the mother's dresser. He then grabbed the 9mm magnum out of his pocket.

            “Goodnight you miserable b***h!” he said quite loudly (which still did no wake up his drunken mother. He pointed the gun at his mother's head and pulled the trigger. The bulled lodged into the hairy woman's head. Blood then rushed from the area onto the bed and floor. He put the 9mm magnum back into his pocket and grabbed the shotgun again.

            He walked down the stairs, grabbed his blue jean jacket that read CASH on the sleeve in white latter on a black band off the coat hanger beside the wooden door, and slipped it on. He buttoned up the jacket and stormed out the door.

 

6.

            He stopped on the porch prior to reaching the first step and reached into the pocket of his blue jean jacket. He pulled out a big red light flashlight and clicked the Power button towards the front of it and proceeded down the stairs. It wasn't completely dark, however the flashlight greatly helped the cause. The wooden stairs creaked and moaned as he step on each one. He reached the sidewalk and began to walk to the school. As he walked on the sidewalk the school bus rounded the corner and headed towards Justin's way.

            “Hey, it's Justin the b*****d!” Haughty Lewis yelled prior to approaching Justin.

            “Justin the B*****d! Justin the B*****d” the kids on the bus started chanting as the Blue Bird branded bus drove passed him.

            “I will make them dumb-a*s stupid-a*s b******s pay! You can bet your a*s I will make them pay!” he mumbled angrily under his breath. As he continued to walk on the sidewalk to school, he reflected back on his life and all the people who have been mean to him all those years. He remembered the nightmare he had as if it was reality, and the more he started to think about it the angrier he grew. To tell the truth he looked forward to getting to school that day. He looked forward to seeing their faces when he pulled out that 12 Gage shot gum of his.

            When he finally reached the school he had a very rare grin on his face. He walked into the lunchroom otherwise known as the commons area (where everyone hung out before school started and after school ended everyday) and walked to the usual empty table in the south corner of the lunchroom to sit alone. Billy then walked up to him a slapped him in the back of the head with excessive force.

            “What the hell are you so happy about you god damn mother f****r?” Billy asked him in a mocking tone.

            “Oh believe me you will see, you will all see!” He whispered to himself. Billy looked at him with a puzzled expression.

            “What did you just say?” Billy asked Justin in a threatening tone. Justin just looked up at him and glared in a disturbing way.

            'Something is just not right about this kid today' Billy thought to himself as he started to panic. And walked away.

            The bell then rung and everyone started heading to their first period class. He walked into Mrs. Johnson classroom.

            “Good morning Justin!” Mrs. Johnson said with a smile on her face.

            'You will see too you mother f*****g b***h!' he thought about saying to her but kept it inside.

            “Good morning Mrs. Johnson.” he said to her. He walked to the back table of the classroom to an abandoned old dusty desk and sat down. Mrs. Johnson then walked up to her podium.

            “It is time to present your science projects!” She said to the class as most of them reached into their backpacks to retrieve their school projects. Everyone with the exception of Justin who just sat there with his hands folded on his desk still with a now evil grin. “Justin, did you bring your project?” Mrs. Johnson asked Justin.

            “Sure did!” Justin said. 'Your goanna like what you get b***h' He thought to himself.

            “Then you wouldn't mind going first?” She asked him. Justin had a smart-a*s smirk on his face. He nodded his head and walked to the front of the classroom. Mrs. Johnson glared at him with a confused expression on her face. “Well, where is it?” She asked him.

            “In my jacket pocket.” he replied. She looked at him not appreciating his body language and tone.

            “Well maybe you want to get it out now.” Mrs. Johnson said. Mrs. Johnson was obviously getting frustrated with him and now also starting to talk in a smart-a*s tone.

            “Okay.” Justin said with a smile. He reached into his pocket. “Mrs. Johnson, there is something I always wanted to say to you.” he said with his and still in his pocket.

            “Yes what is it?” Mrs. Johnson asked still in a smart-a*s tone.

            “Die B***h!” Justin yelled as he garbed the 9 mm magnum out of his jacket pocket and shot her in between the eyes. Mrs. Johnson fell down dead as blood and brains gushed out of her head. His classmates started to scream. “Nobody move!” He yelled as he locked the classroom door. “The next person who talks gets it!” he added as he put the 9 mm magnum back into his pocket and grabbed his 12 Gage shot gun. Billy stood up from his seat.

            “He's just a dumb...” before he could finish his statement Justin shot him in the throat and Emily the hot young blonde sitting beside him. Billy fell to the floor also dead and Emily fell in a great need of medical attention. He went though every row of desks in the room and shot and killed every one of his classmates. He then stood on top of Mrs. Johnson's desk.

            “Open this door!” Officer Stew and Mr. Brooks said to Justin as he jingled the doorknob. Without saying a word Justin pointed his 12 Gage shot gun at the window with Principal Brooks' head right outside of it. He pulled the trigger of the shotgun shooting Principal Brooks in the temple. Justin then grabbed that 9 mm magnum that murdered Mrs. Johnson and pointed it at his temple. Before Officer Stew could enter the room Justin pulled the trigger and the bullet went through and out of his skull spattering his brains all over the wall and sealing.

            Officer Stew sawed the lock off the door. But it was too late. There lied the dead children and the dead Mrs. Johnson. He covered his mouth with disgust and stared at the lifeless bodies. He then garbed his radio and called for back up.

 

Epilogue

 

The next week...

 

            As the most deadly mass murder in the history of schools and universities was over the Baltimore High went back in session. Every student's face was as pale as a piece of paper. Over half of the student body was incapable of coping with the horrors from that tragic day. 70% of the school roster transferred, along with 1% being placed in a mental institution.

 

            About five years after the shootings and terror of the day the Baltimore High School was renamed the Kathy Johnson Memorial High School, and a monument was built at the from of the school building.

 

            Nobody will ever forget the tragic horrors and terrors that went on in Mrs. Johnson's classroom. It will haunt me forever.


Copyright 2014 by Richard Edwards

Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS

A division of TTP Entertainment

© 2014 Richard Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story was interesting and complex but it needs a good proof-reading. Would Justin be able to get so many head shots having just used the gun (I assume) for the first time that day? Also, maybe you meant for it to be that way but it feels really disconnected and choppy to me, the narrating was unemotional and didn't explain he thought process which I found disturbing. It would be best in my opinion in it was published as a short book. All in all it is a good story that needs some work. Good job with the plot and description.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A good story, nice plot -- could use some extra character development in my opinion, and needs a good proof read for minor grammatical errors.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A great piece of story telling ... that touches on a tragedy affecting innocent lives in schools. Some background helps ... to try to understand and make sense of such incidences. Nicely done ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard Edwards

9 Years Ago

Thanks Dayran!
I never have the time to review prose at length, but I found this to be well written...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard Edwards

9 Years Ago

Thanks Leslie!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2014
Last Updated on May 17, 2014
Tags: psychological horror, horror, thriller, Richard Edwards